USFL Week 5

In the south division Birmingham moved to 5-0 today with a win over Philadelphia.

New Orleans and Tampa are sitting at 3-2.

Houston is bringing up the rear at 1-3. I dont think the Gamblers have a shot at catching B'ham but if they can manage a win today against 0-4 Pittsburgh (Gamblers currently leading 10-0...early 2nd qtr) they will only trail NO and Tampa by 1 game with 5 to play. Get hot with 5 games to go and grab that second playoff spot...upset Birmingham to win the south and boom...they are in the championship game. 

14 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Houston just lost to NJ 26-25 on a 1 yard QB sneak the last play of the game. So...Houston has lost 4 games in a row...3 on the final play of the game and one with about 10 seconds to go. Never seen anything like that.

11 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Fit right in with the Oilers and Texans.......😂😂😂

Two words.

Kevin. Sumlin.

• LOL! 1

I’ve gotta tell y’all, this is a fun league. Close games week in and week out. Come from behind wins on the last drives. If I could change my profile pic this would be a Birmingham Stallions fan club. The Generals aren’t bad either. Luis Perez with the QB sneak game winner. Incredible!! The instant call if the guy made the first or not with the chip in the ball versus the chain gang is neat. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well...the Gamblers finished the season 3-7...but in the last two weeks have beaten both south division playoff teams (9-1 B'ham and 6-4 NO). Players on an active roster get paid $4500 per game + $600 a week for the 3 week training camp. I think coaches get paid a similar amount. Be interesting to see how many guys come back for next season...if there is a next season.