Why Christians Should Homeschool

Monte1076

22 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

you are taking singular moments, rare moments, and you are conflating them into a supposed proof of prevalence that is absolutely not the norm. 

Same formula you libnuts use with guns, health insurance, etc.......

29 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Pointed out to you over and over and over again that you are taking singular moments, rare moments, and you are conflating them into a supposed proof of prevalence that is absolutely not the norm. Do you have any evidence that it is happening in your local school district? I know that you homeschool your son. 

No. You've said it "isn't happening". Right? That's an argument that you've made. If you say something "isn't happening", that's different than saying something is "rare" or "doesn't happen that often". As a teacher, you should know the difference, right?

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

No clue what you are talking about with the morals argument or why you think I want teachers to teach kids morals. Way off the rails on that one.

Just to be clear, an average person sees more violence at a mall than they do during there school years at school?

You are trying to say that the most violence that people see is in a school.....I said the reason for any violence is the fact that people don't have morals...which are taught at home, and shouldn't be part of the teacher's job. And yes, I see more violence in the malls and on the highways than I see in schools. But then again, I live near a metroplex, not in Podunkville.....like Colmesneil, where the only violence you might see is a couple of teenagers fight, or someone shooting a deer or the neighbors dog.....:rofl:

Are there fights in school......but you really think that is where kids and people see the most violence....dude, turn on you Television or phone.....

• LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

No. You've said it "isn't happening". Right? That's an argument that you've made. If you say something "isn't happening", that's different than saying something is "rare" or "doesn't happen that often". As a teacher, you should know the difference, right?

Are there weird rear end teachers out there like Young put on the screen--I am pretty sure there are, just like there are dads that beat their kids, like cops that are dirty, or like preachers that take advantage of people......But like Barry says---it isn't the norm, not here in Texas.....And even when I taught in Colorado, it wasn't the norm.....99.9% of teachers are in this profession to help kids, not "turn them into freaks".....I would never approve of what the .01% might be doing, and I would definitely not want to be around a teacher like that. You and Barry can fight all you want over the "rare" and "not rare" all you want. But, like Barry, I live this each and everyday.....and let me tell you, get the politics of grading districts and administrators forgetting they were once teachers and the public schools will not be half as bad as the politicians make them out to be.....

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

But, like Barry, I live this each and everyday.....and let me tell you, get the politics of grading districts and administrators forgetting they were once teachers and the public schools will not be half as bad as the politicians make them out to be.....

How many weird-colored hair teachers are in your district? When I was in school, NONE of the teachers has blue hair, nose rings, and those kids of things. And they certainly didn't openly talk about their sexuality.

You know how we knew if female teachers were married or not? The name above the door. It either said "Ms", or "Mrs" followed by their last name. And EVERY classroom had an American flag in it, and NONE had flags representing any political stance. In fact, I don't know the politics of ANY of my former teachers. Do you? I mean, I can assume, based on where I went to school, but I don't know for sure. I had an English teacher my Junior year who I think might have been Liberal, because she dressed kinda like a hippie, but maybe she just liked dressing that way. She never said, we never asked. The rest? No clue. Because no one talked about it.

I couldn't even tell you the political affiliation of the Government teacher I had.

31 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

not in Podunkville.....like Colmesneil, where the only violence you might see is a couple of teenagers fight, or someone shooting a deer or the neighbors dog.....:rofl:

I'll have you know that Colmesneil is a highly developed metropolitan area......you must have us confused with Deadwood and the @Doomer compound........

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

How many weird-colored hair teachers are in your district? When I was in school, NONE of the teachers has blue hair, nose rings, and those kids of things. And they certainly didn't openly talk about their sexuality.

You know how we knew if female teachers were married or not? The name above the door. It either said "Ms", or "Mrs" followed by their last name. And EVERY classroom had an American flag in it, and NONE had flags representing any political stance. In fact, I don't know the politics of ANY of my former teachers. Do you? I mean, I can assume, based on where I went to school, but I don't know for sure. I had an English teacher my Junior year who I think might have been Liberal, because she dressed kinda like a hippie, but maybe she just liked dressing that way. She never said, we never asked. The rest? No clue. Because no one talked about it.

I couldn't even tell you the political affiliation of the Government teacher I had.

We have no "weird-colored hair" teachers in my district.  My classroom has an American flag, Texas flag, Gonzales flag and a 48 star US flag.  I go out of my way to make sure that my students are not aware of my politics although they do know my affinity for the Astros.  Rarely do I post anything politically on Facebook because I know several parents in my area would cause issues.  When students ask who I voted for I simply tell them that it's not important who I voted for just for them to think critically about who they would like to vote for.  The only teachers that I have been around that proudly talk about their politics are the big Cons.  I know several students that complain about those teachers and how they are forcing their views onto their students.  Y'all make these "weird-colored hair" teachers out to be the boogeyman when, in reality, they are few and far between.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I'll have you know that Colmesneil is a highly developed metropolitan area......you must have us confused with Deadwood and the @Doomer compound........

Y'all do have a Family Dollar.  We're gonna start calling you a city slicker.  It's only a matter of time before you become a true liberal urbanite

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

You are trying to say that the most violence that people see is in a school.....I said the reason for any violence is the fact that people don't have morals...which are taught at home, and shouldn't be part of the teacher's job. And yes, I see more violence in the malls and on the highways than I see in schools. But then again, I live near a metroplex, not in Podunkville.....like Colmesneil, where the only violence you might see is a couple of teenagers fight, or someone shooting a deer or the neighbors dog.....:rofl:

Are there fights in school......but you really think that is where kids and people see the most violence....dude, turn on you Television or phone.....

Most of the violence many people ever see are in public schools. Where is the lie? It’s an absolute true statement. 

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Most of the violence many people ever see are in public schools. Where is the lie? It’s an absolute true statement. 

Prove it with facts then. Because it is a lie......or you are talking about those people that live in a 1 horse town and have 10 kids in their school. I see more violence on the 5 pm news than I have ever seen at any of the schools I have been associated with, except for one brief month after Hurricane Katrina. And back then they threw those kids in jail for fighting and then they were gone, back to Louisiana.  So in your mind, you aren't telling a lie, I guess if you say it enough, it becomes true.....SMH.

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

What does a person's hair color have to do with whether or not they are good teacher? Now you are starting to sound like some of the other over the top blame everyone else group on here. SMH....

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I had many blue haired teachers, but they were all over the age of 60.  None talked about their sex life.  We had Sex Ed my sophomore year in Health class.  I could tell my Economics teacher was as Republican.  As I've always said I think that it's best for kids to be taught in Public Schools, because of social interactions.  I can spot a home schooled kid just by how they react in social situations.  They are not as confident the social interaction away from home.  I do however think that parents should be involved with their childrens education.  I'm not saying that they should be a helicopter parent and force them to learn certain things or to educate themselves to become a certain occupation later in life, but to provide the tools to receive a great education.  One of the least used resources that is available today that is rarely used are public libraries.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Prove it with facts then. Because it is a lie......or you are talking about those people that live in a 1 horse town and have 10 kids in their school. I see more violence on the 5 pm news than I have ever seen at any of the schools I have been associated with, except for one brief month after Hurricane Katrina. And back then they threw those kids in jail for fighting and then they were gone, back to Louisiana.  So in your mind, you aren't telling a lie, I guess if you say it enough, it becomes true.....SMH.

I agree kids see more violence on television that anywhere else.  When I was in school most of the fights we had were to see who was the toughest, but that's because the Rocky movies were popular at the time.  In High School there were more girls fighting other girls over some guy.  Athletes knew not to get in fights with other guys at school, because then they'd have to take it up with the coach.  

10 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Tombstone

[Wyatt and Behan are discussing the possibility of a racetrack in Tombstone]

Doc Holliday: Way ahead of yourselves, aren't you, boys? This is just another mining camp.

Behan: Have you seen how everyone dresses? Awful tony for a mining camp. No, sir, the die is cast. We are growing. Be as big as San Francisco in a few years and just as sophisticated.

[He's interrupted by gunshots, men yelling, and a brief, but fatal, gunfight in the street mere feet from where they stand]

Doc Holliday: [smirking] Very cosmopolitan.

[Behan glares at him]

“We’ve had a really rough experience with Texas schools,” Morrison said at a Parent Empowerment Rally in Austin on Tuesday. “Teachers don’t have a passion to teach anymore. I would rather teach my own child.”

Well every parent has to blame someone for their children.....I understand teacher burnout, but I can promise you there is more to the story and than her blaming just teachers......she had better start looking in the mirror and at the kid before blaming others.....

Many of those cheering him on — who already have kids enrolled in the private schools he’s highlighting — would not be eligible for funds under Creighton’s bill.

Why are they cheering him on, because they want their money back, because people believe that they don't have school choice now, which is a complete LIE.....these people only think about the money they can get back in taxes......but what would you expect when people only listen to politicians and their lies.....NO TAX dollars should be allowed to CHRISTIAN PRIVATE SCHOOLS!!!!!! It is called separation of church and state....Period!!!!!

13 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Many of those cheering him on — who already have kids enrolled in the private schools he’s highlighting — would not be eligible for funds under Creighton’s bill.

Why are they cheering him on, because they want their money back, because people believe that they don't have school choice now, which is a complete LIE.....these people only think about the money they can get back in taxes......but what would you expect when people only listen to politicians and their lies.....NO TAX dollars should be allowed to CHRISTIAN PRIVATE SCHOOLS!!!!!! It is called separation of church and state....Period!!!!!

Where should my tax dollars go if I've homeschooled for the last decade?😉

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Where should my tax dollars go if I've homeschooled for the last decade?😉

You have choose to homeschool, as I am sure that there are public and private schools around or near you. Your property tax dollars are designed for your LOCAL community, as the TEXAS CONSTITUTION has guaranteed that all students are given, what they call a "free" public education based on tax dollars. The tax dollars used for "public" education are in the form of property taxes. And since I am sure you are a "home owner" one of your local responsibilities is to pay a property tax for local amenities, such as police, fire, schools, city, and county......That is the way it has been my entire life time, and I expect to be for more, unless there is some super way to get funds where NO ONE pays taxes......but havent' seen that yet. We can only hope. 

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

You have choose to homeschool, as I am sure that there are public and private schools around or near you. Your property tax dollars are designed for your LOCAL community, as the TEXAS CONSTITUTION has guaranteed that all students are given, what they call a "free" public education based on tax dollars. The tax dollars used for "public" education are in the form of property taxes. And since I am sure you are a "home owner" one of your local responsibilities is to pay a property tax for local amenities, such as police, fire, schools, city, and county......That is the way it has been my entire life time, and I expect to be for more, unless there is some super way to get funds where NO ONE pays taxes......but havent' seen that yet. We can only hope. 

By law, if I'm not mistaken, home schools in Texas are treated as private schools.