Why Christians Should Homeschool

Monte1076

7 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Nice try. If you were truly interested sure. You are a remedial troll. No use wasting time. 

Oh I’ve already looked it up. I was just curious as to if you’ve actually had. I highly doubt it and am sure you were just spouting off your usual uninformed opinion. Especially since you are so unwilling to back your claim. 

13 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

FB_IMG_1681263290415.jpg

That is so wonderful, we now know to 2 people that homeschool that "say" their kids are doing great, out of the millions that are actually doing it.......so what is that, like .0000000000000000001%........:rofl:

• Crybaby 1

29 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

That is so wonderful, we now know to 2 people that homeschool that "say" their kids are doing great, out of the millions that are actually doing it.......so what is that, like .0000000000000000001%........:rofl:

As I've said previously (I believe in this thread), data suggests that Home Schooled students do as just as well, or better, on College Entrance exams as their peers. I'll see if I can find that data.

In fact, here are some statistics, with citations.

https://www.thinkimpact.com/homeschooling-statistics/

A little data from that site:

Academic Performance of Homeschooled Students

Homeschooled students perform much better than their counterparts in formal institutional schooling.

Peer-reviewed studies indicate that 69% of homeschooled students succeed in college and adulthood.

Homeschooled students tend to perform above average on their ACTs and SATs.

In these standard achievement tests, the homeschooled students average between 15% and 30% more points than the students attending public schools, notwithstanding the parents’ income and education.

Homeschooled students average 72 points more than the nationwide mean performance in SATs.

The average performance of homeschoolers is 22.8 out of 36 points compared to the national average of 21.

Homeschoolers have an average graduation rate of 67% compared to the 57.5% graduation rate for students from public schools.

And some more to read:

https://www.spanish.academy/blog/a-hard-look-at-homeschool-vs-public-school-statistics/

Edited by Monte1076

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

As I've said previously (I believe in this thread), data suggests that Home Schooled students do as just as well, or better, on College Entrance exams as their peers. I'll see if I can find that data.

In fact, here are some statistics, with citations.

https://www.thinkimpact.com/homeschooling-statistics/

A little data from that site:

And some more to read:

https://www.spanish.academy/blog/a-hard-look-at-homeschool-vs-public-school-statistics/

They should score better on the SAT & ACT--that is all they have to study for--they don't have to take the "POLITICAL STATE DRIVEN" tests....so they can accomplish more of the basics than Texas public school kids.....Our teachers are forced to teach to a test that "homeschoolers" don't have to take.....So in that aspect, they are better off, because they are learning.....not how to take a test......

When the people that continue to vote for these types of politicians decide they want their electorate educated, they will move away from these idiotic tests, that do nothing more than give politicians a way to control more of your money....through the education process.....But then again, do politicians really want an educated population? 

• Crybaby 1

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

They should score better on the SAT & ACT--that is all they have to study for--they don't have to take the "POLITICAL STATE DRIVEN" tests....so they can accomplish more of the basics than Texas public school kids.....Our teachers are forced to teach to a test that "homeschoolers" don't have to take.....So in that aspect, they are better off, because they are learning.....not how to take a test......

When the people that continue to vote for these types of politicians decide they want their electorate educated, they will move away from these idiotic tests, that do nothing more than give politicians a way to control more of your money....through the education process.....But then again, do politicians really want an educated population? 

So they are better off homeschooling?

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

So they are better off homeschooling?

In certain areas, yes, especially if they want decent ACT & SAT scores, but if homeschoolers had to take the state mandated tests, that public school students have to, they would never get time to prepare, in school, for the ACT or SAT...I believe that the entire state would be better off if these mandated tests were abolished.....allowing teachers to actually teach students....like sciences, upper level math, and history.......or you have to enroll you kids in special ACT & SAT tutoring classes, outside of the school day. I know many up here around the metro plex do that.......I couldn't afford it with my kids, so they had to rely on themselves.....

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I guess you forgot to read that the teacher was suspended, fired, and no longer teaching......because that is what is suppose to happen when stupid people do stupid things like this......but as is the case with most people that are against something, they take a SMALL percentage of things and make that to be the norm.....I guess every cop is good, and every preacher is the best......SMH.

3 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I guess you forgot to read that the teacher was suspended, fired, and no longer teaching......because that is what is suppose to happen when stupid people do stupid things like this......but as is the case with most people that are against something, they take a SMALL percentage of things and make that to be the norm.....I guess every cop is good, and every preacher is the best......SMH.

Yes, I read all of that. So quick to defend the mothership. Interesting

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Yes, I read all of that. So quick to defend the mothership. Interesting

Coming from the guy that attacks education every other day, doesn't believe that he has school choice already, you are a strange one to be talking about a "mothership"......are you the one flying it.......:rofl:

14 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

There's a difference, though, in saying "these are rare instances that are dealt with" and "this kind of thing doesn't happen in schools."

9 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Coming from the guy that attacks education every other day, doesn't believe that he has school choice already, you are a strange one to be talking about a "mothership"......are you the one flying it.......:rofl:

Hey, you did see that post that referenced the PhD who was "upset" her "trans uncle" (a woman biologically) was refused a prostate exam. A "highly educated" person who doesn't realize that biological women don't have prostates.

Edited by Monte1076