Why Christians Should Homeschool

Monte1076

4 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Of course they do. Barry knows this as well. The point of educating kids is not to see how well the do on the Star. He’s being obtuse per usual. He doesn’t like it that people can educate their kids better with less and for cheaper than the government can. 

LISTEN CAREFULLY...Monte understands this- your comparisons aren't valid because we test EVERYONE.There is no way to know how many home schooling students actually test. Only a very limited percentage take tests directly for college from there, while MILLIONS more take the tests from public school. You're not real good with data (IE: Covid), so you may not get this. Can you tell me what percentage of homeschooling students are actually tested? Yes or no? 

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

LISTEN CAREFULLY...Monte understands this- your comparisons aren't valid because we test EVERYONE.There is no way to know how many home schooling students actually test. Only a very limited percentage take tests directly for college from there, while MILLIONS more take the tests from public school. You're not real good with data (IE: Covid), so you may not get this. Can you tell me what percentage of homeschooling students are actually tested? Yes or no? 

What, home schooled kids are tested? I know they don't take the STAAR tests, maybe a majority will take the SAT/ACT, but I would bet that would be a small majority....

5 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Avg cost of a public school student is 15k a year from one of those sites I posted.

https://educationdata.org/public-education-spending-statistics

you are about 5-6K off, in Texas, which is the state we are talking about, the cost of spending per public school student is 9.9K.......not 15K.....🤦‍♂️

National sources have to take into account the great states of California, New York, and Illinois.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Just burns Barry up that the government doesn't own the kids....

Nobody should own kids, but ya'll seem to think that public education is soooooo bad, betting that everyone on here was publicly educated........The bad part is most of you read about those "bad apple" teachers and think it goes on everywhere.......well it doesn't.....that is most of you listening to hannity, tucker, and ingram......

I hate "bad apple" teachers as much as any of you......your solutions are.....keep the kids at home.....where 80% of the homes have 2 working parents, no one to watch over the kids or enforce "homeschool" education.....or you whine about school choice, when ALL students have it already......knowing everyone just wants to keep their "property tax" dollars. And can't believe that vouchers are a pay back system for the rich political donors......

Instead of attending school board meetings & finding out where the money goes.....it is easier to just blame the "bad apple" teachers....or even look at what the State Legislators have told the education what MUST be taught......:tinfoil:

• Thanks 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

45 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

https://educationdata.org/public-education-spending-statistics

you are about 5-6K off, in Texas, which is the state we are talking about, the cost of spending per public school student is 9.9K.......not 15K.....🤦‍♂️

National sources have to take into account the great states of California, New York, and Illinois.....

Thanks for clarifying. Just used the stats I had already posted and read.

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Tested for what? Isn’t the goal to go to college? Everyone of them take a standardized test to get into college. So 100% of homeschoolers take test. Who cares if they take a midterm or Friday pop quizzes. 

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

What, home schooled kids are tested? I know they don't take the STAAR tests, maybe a majority will take the SAT/ACT, but I would bet that would be a small majority....

2.5 MILLION HOMESCHOOLERS WERE AT COLLEGE IN SPRING 2019

According to data provided by Nheri, homeschooled students often do better than their public schooled counterparts while in college. Despite their small number, they have a high graduation rate.

3.2 million registered homeschoolers in 2021-2022.  So it seems like that majority is not small.

14 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:
2.5 MILLION HOMESCHOOLERS WERE AT COLLEGE IN SPRING 2019

According to data provided by Nheri, homeschooled students often do better than their public schooled counterparts while in college. Despite their small number, they have a high graduation rate.

3.2 million registered homeschoolers in 2021-2022.  So it seems like that majority is not small.

https://research.com/universities-colleges/number-of-public-schools-in-the-us#:~:text=With 23.7 million enrollees as,enrolled in the United States.

private schools in the United States as of late, enrollment totaled 5.72 million 

According to the latest report from the US Department of Education, only 48.1 million students attended public schools in the past year

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Why does it matter?

26 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

It doesn’t, cause the info shared about the downfall of public education is still factual. Also the stats of homeschool success are also accurate. 

Attacking public schools relentlessly while continuing to send your children to them matters because evidently you are willing to send your children into the endless danger of a 'woke' attack and maybe even some Black history OR your public school doesn't have any of the perilous dangers derided, and you are busying himself with carrying nonrelevant dogma for right-wing extremists when you could be focusing on the millions of occurrences of election fraud or the NFL having to cancel their schedule because of all the death from Covid vaccines. It's a waste of your time and resources. Just trying to help you out there. 😏

10 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Attacking public schools relentlessly while continuing to send your children to them matters because evidently you are willing to send your children into the endless danger of a 'woke' attack and maybe even some Black history OR your public school doesn't have any of the perilous dangers derided, and you are busying himself with carrying nonrelevant dogma for right-wing extremists when you could be focusing on the millions of occurrences of election fraud or the NFL having to cancel their schedule because of all the death from Covid vaccines. It's a waste of your time and resources. Just trying to help you out there. 😏

Appreciate the help.  I think I have things under control.

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

3 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Appreciate the help.  I think I have things under control.

See, it didn’t matter. Told you

21 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

While I am glad that 80% of those that homeschool, keep their kids out of public school. I'd love to know where these none students are, because each and every year we continue to get more and more students in the school I work at, plus I know that other schools around my area continue to grow......

And I would bet, if EVERY homeschool kids had to take standardized test, including your "conservative" Texas government's STAAR testing that the scores would NOT be that much higher....but since private and home schooled kids DON'T have the SAME requirements that public schools kids have, it's either apples to oranges, or apples to pears.....comparisons.....

• Thanks 1