Why Christians Should Homeschool

Monte1076

I chose not to let my kids go to public school. Christian school is kinda expensive but will sacrifice for peace of mind. I don’t blame anyone for home schooling. At the end of the day it is responsibility of the parents to teach their kids. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

I chose not to let my kids go to public school. Christian school is kinda expensive but will sacrifice for peace of mind. I don’t blame anyone for home schooling. At the end of the day it is responsibility of the parents to teach their kids. 

Speaking of...i gotta read my son's paper for a science class on Theoretical Physics sometime this coming week...

16 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

I don't care of someone homes schools their kids or sends them to private school.  Just don't expect me to pay for it.  

So you want kids to get an education, but only pay for the State controlled education?  Got it.

17 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I don’t care if people send their kids to public school, just don’t expect me to pay for it. Oh wait.. I do. 

We've bought our own books, etc. and researched other resources for it over the entire time we've home schooled. Of course, some of the books are "dual purpose" (i.e. I can use them in my profession, too), and some we already had, but my wife and I have put a lot of time, effort, and money into home schooling.

This year, he's doing courses on Probability and Statistics, More software engineering (ASP.NET Core, ReactJS, and Test-Driven Development), a Physics course, An English course where he just finished both Animal Farm and 1984, A Spanish course (he also learns about other languages on his own, and has learned bits of Japanese, Chinese, and Hebrew), a history course (since he's into math, this year we're doing a "History of Mathematics" course), a Digital Arts course, and a "Wellness" course, where he gets some daily exercise.

We actually go "above and beyond" the requirements. And in Texas, home schools are considered "private schools", at least as far as "compulsory attendance" goes.

https://thsc.org/requirements-to-homeschool-in-texas/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

We've bought our own books, etc. and researched other resources for it over the entire time we've home schooled. Of course, some of the books are "dual purpose" (i.e. I can use them in my profession, too), and some we already had, but my wife and I have put a lot of time, effort, and money into home schooling.

This year, he's doing courses on Probability and Statistics, More software engineering (ASP.NET Core, ReactJS, and Test-Driven Development), a Physics course, An English course where he just finished both Animal Farm and 1984, A Spanish course (he also learns about other languages on his own, and has learned bits of Japanese, Chinese, and Hebrew), a history course (since he's into math, this year we're doing a "History of Mathematics" course), a Digital Arts course, and a "Wellness" course, where he gets some daily exercise.

We actually go "above and beyond" the requirements. And in Texas, home schools are considered "private schools", at least as far as "compulsory attendance" goes.

https://thsc.org/requirements-to-homeschool-in-texas/

Again, it is YOUR choice to homeschool. While many think that public education is a problem, I am betting that most on here have a public education......and now they are whining about it.....because their taxes are too high.....Well folks, so are mine.  

18 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I don’t care if people send their kids to public school, just don’t expect me to pay for it. Oh wait.. I do. 

And of course, we've had this discussion before, but that is part of being part of a community....paying taxes.....and property taxes are the way Texans pay for certain things, including education.  So either come up with a way to not use property taxes or get the Texas Constitution changed where we don't have to provide "free public education".....even though it isn't free. And just to throw this is---parents and students ALREADY have school choice in this state.....but some people think that is NOT true, but it is......

2 hours ago, JBizzle said:

So you want kids to get an education, but only pay for the State controlled education?  Got it.

And I agree, the STATE has TOO much control over the education system and so does the Fed......The state and federal government should only tell districts what are required for graduation requirements, and that is it.....Let the local communities decide how to teach their students those requirements.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

I am betting that most on here have a public education......and now they are whining about it.

I think they're whining about it because they feel that certain teachers (see daily examples on this forum) are bringing their sexuality and whatnot into classrooms.

That's what I think it is. Like I've mentioned several times before, I never, ever knew the political affiliations of my teachers. I could probably guess, but I didn't know. Nor did I know what causes they really cared about. Know why? They didn't talk about their politics or have posters/flags for whatever cause hanging up in their rooms. Each room had an American flag, sure, but I couldn't even begin to tell you the politics, for sure, of ANY of the teachers I had.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

So we have to wonder, who are you going to blame in this situation.....most school districts have a phone policy, especially when the student is suppose to be doing their school work. And it is the right of the teacher, principal, or administration to take up phones in these situations. So without all the information, just based on this article, this is purely the student's fault, 1). having a phone in school, during the class, while supposedly working on something else. 2). student's can be taking video or pictures of a teacher, which is against the law in Texas--another reason to take up a phone. 3). I would go so far as to say that the PARENTS of this student did NOT do a good job in raising him, because he CANNOT seem to follow the rules of the school district. 

But, on the other hand, knowing your hatred for public schools, I am going to suggest that you are putting this article up to make teachers look bad, because they are possibly following school rules. 

If I were the teacher, this student would have charges filed on him and I would process it to the FULLEST extent of the law. That student would NEVER be allowed back into that school, mainly because he would be in juvenile detention until he turned 18 years old. 

14 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

So we have to wonder, who are you going to blame in this situation.....most school districts have a phone policy, especially when the student is suppose to be doing their school work. And it is the right of the teacher, principal, or administration to take up phones in these situations. So without all the information, just based on this article, this is purely the student's fault, 1). having a phone in school, during the class, while supposedly working on something else. 2). student's can be taking video or pictures of a teacher, which is against the law in Texas--another reason to take up a phone. 3). I would go so far as to say that the PARENTS of this student did NOT do a good job in raising him, because he CANNOT seem to follow the rules of the school district. 

But, on the other hand, knowing your hatred for public schools, I am going to suggest that you are putting this article up to make teachers look bad, because they are possibly following school rules. 

If I were the teacher, this student would have charges filed on him and I would process it to the FULLEST extent of the law. That student would NEVER be allowed back into that school, mainly because he would be in juvenile detention until he turned 18 years old. 

I’m not reading this. Too much energy required for what I know will be little to no value. 👍

• SMH 1
  • Crybaby 1

9 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I’m not reading this. Too much energy required for what I know will be little to no value. 👍

Figures, you can always denigrate teachers and the public school systems, but you can't defend what you post......SMH

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

Figures, you can always denigrate teachers and the public school systems, but you can't defend what you post......SMH

Get out of your feels. There are great teachers out there, but they are working in a losing system. And not wanting your kids to be subject to what's going on in public schools isn't wrong. Doesn't matter if I raise my kids right if most others aren't! 

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Get out of your feels. There are great teachers out there, but they are working in a losing system. And not wanting your kids to be subject to what's going on in public schools isn't wrong. Doesn't matter if I raise my kids right if most others aren't! 

Feelings, I hope is what you meant.....There are a lot more great teachers out there than not.....the problem is....parents blame the teachers for their shortcomings.....administrators no longer back teachers.....and politicians enforce laws that are destroying teachers.....But please, if you think homeschooling is the way to go, please do so.....I am sure there are lots of teachers that would prefer that your student is homeschooling instead of coming to public school....And if you are sending them to private schools....that is fine also.....just don't expect local tax dollars to pay for it. Because unless you plan to change the state constitution, it is ILLEGAL!!!!! Property taxes are for public education at this time.....and I am sure there are people lining up to sue Abbot and the rest of his cronies if they start giving public money to people to send their kids to religious schools.....especially since this country was founded on "separation of church and state".....SMH....

16 hours ago, JBizzle said:

46E74C7F-0C25-4B75-B87D-1F44ED52ADFD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I defend them just fine. No need to with you anymore though.  

I am going to call Bull :poop: on being  able to defend your thoughts on public schools, because you still believe that people don't have choices--when they do and I have proven it time and time......but keep thinking your right.....SMH....

54 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

because you still believe that people don't have choices--when they do and I have proven it time and time......but keep thinking your right.....SMH....

Gonna quibble with you a little, here. Not everyone does have a choice. We've been fortunate enough that we have been in a position to be able to home school for the last decade. I work (remotely), my wife does the teaching. Not everyone can do that. Some people also can't afford private school. So they basically don't have a choice but to go to a public school.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Gonna quibble with you a little, here. Not everyone does have a choice. We've been fortunate enough that we have been in a position to be able to home school for the last decade. I work (remotely), my wife does the teaching. Not everyone can do that. Some people also can't afford private school. So they basically don't have a choice but to go to a public school.

I believe he's saying you can choose your public school. But they are all being told what to teach by the same people, so it's just the illusion of choice.

23 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Feelings, I hope is what you meant.....There are a lot more great teachers out there than not.....the problem is....parents blame the teachers for their shortcomings.....administrators no longer back teachers.....and politicians enforce laws that are destroying teachers.....But please, if you think homeschooling is the way to go, please do so.....I am sure there are lots of teachers that would prefer that your student is homeschooling instead of coming to public school....And if you are sending them to private schools....that is fine also.....just don't expect local tax dollars to pay for it. Because unless you plan to change the state constitution, it is ILLEGAL!!!!! Property taxes are for public education at this time.....and I am sure there are people lining up to sue Abbot and the rest of his cronies if they start giving public money to people to send their kids to religious schools.....especially since this country was founded on "separation of church and state".....SMH....

You don't know Jack about my kids. So don't make an assumption about them. My senior is president of the tsa and active in many extracurricular activities. She's never had a disciplinary issue. My freshman is 5th in his class and plays sports. Everyone tells me how great a kid he is. I'm happy to have my kids at CISD and they're glad to have them there. Doesn't mean I don't believe in school choice and defending people's right to do what they want with THEIR OWN CHILDREN!

This country was not founded on separation of church and state. Show me where the constitution says that!

• Like 1