Why Christians Should Homeschool

Monte1076

Just now, Monte1076 said:

There's a difference, though, in saying "these are rare instances that are dealt with" and "this kind of thing doesn't happen in schools."

I have NEVER been in a school or district where these things have happened.....I have been in 7 different districts.....are there weird teachers....yes.....but in Texas....most are too busy teaching kids how to take a "do nothing" test to have time to come up with a plan to assassinate a President....but on those rare occasions, these things are handles quite quickly....as for other states....I only have taught in Colorado, and they treated teachers worse that Texas did, but the mountains were worth the terrible teacher pay, to wake up to elk in the front yard and bears eating your bird feed.....Bad things happen in all occupations......but is it the "norm"....probably not....

4 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Hey, you did see that post that referenced the PhD who was "upset" her "trans uncle" (a woman biologically) was refused a prostate exam. A "highly educated" person who doesn't realize that biological women don't have prostates.

Yes......Some PhDs don't have "common sense".....

3 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I have NEVER been in a school or district where these things have happened.....

I don't doubt you. But there have been a large number of posts on this very site showing the very things that we're told "aren't happening" in schools. I'm sure you've seen them.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

I don't doubt you. But there have been a large number of posts on this very site showing the very things that we're told "aren't happening" in schools. I'm sure you've seen them.

Well, sure, anecdotal 'evidence' is proof enough. Of course. 

Just now, BarryLaverty said:

Well, sure, anecdotal 'evidence' is proof enough. Of course. 

Again, Barry, there's a difference in "these things aren't happening", and "they're happing but they're rare".

Surely a college educated person such as yourself understands the difference. 

26 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Again, Barry, there's a difference in "these things aren't happening", and "they're happing but they're rare".

Surely a college educated person such as yourself understands the difference. 

Your endless inference is that it is the rule, rather than an abnormal thing, isn't it? 
And are you trying to make being college educated a slur? Chip on your shoulder much? 

16 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

And are you trying to make being college educated a slur? Chip on your shoulder much? 

No, but you certainly seem to have a negative opinion of those who aren't. Like we're cognitively impaired, or can't learn new things, or something. I don't know what it is. So enlighten me. Prove me wrong.

It's the ones who have a college degree and believe they're smarter than everyone else just because they do. And don't feel that they need to learn anything else (i.e. a know-it-all). The ones that are arrogant about it.

Again, I reference the PhD lady who lost her mind because she apparently doesn't know (or understand, or care) and didn't bother to look up the fact that biological women don't have prostates. But she lost her mind anyway because her "uncle" (who is a biological woman) was denied a prostate exam...because biological women don't have prostates. And PhD lady was LIVID!! LIVID, I SAY!!

Remember, in "The Wizard of Oz" (the movie), even the Scarecrow got the recitation of the Pythagorean Theorem wrong after the "wizard" gave him his diploma. Don't believe me? Go watch it for yourself. The Pythagorean Theorem applies to right triangles, not isosceles triangles.

Edited by Monte1076

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Coming from the guy that attacks education every other day, doesn't believe that he has school choice already, you are a strange one to be talking about a "mothership"......are you the one flying it.......:rofl:

If I “attack” education what do you do every time? Why such feverish defense of a system being turned into something that’s misaligned from red blooded Americans values? Because of a paycheck? 

• Like 2
  • Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

If I “attack” education what do you do every time? Why such feverish defense of a system being turned into something that’s misaligned from red blooded Americans values? Because of a paycheck? 

Where do your kids go? 

• Roll Eyes 1

2 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

What is misaligned from red blooded American values? 

An education--doesn't every American deserve an education? 

Rules--doesn't every American deserve to follow the rules?

Taxes--doesn't every American deserve to pay their taxes? 

School Choice--doesn't every Texas have school choice already? 

Again, you see a couple of bad things in education--it becomes the "norm" for you. Yet, I have asked you to go to your school board meetings, run for school board, just listen to where the problems are.....have you done that yet? 

You think it's because of a "paycheck" that I educate? You have to be kidding me.....I defend education because of people like yourself, that want only "1" or "Their" version of something taught...There are at least 2 sides to every story, I want my students to know both sides, so they can make an informed decision....not just listen to a single group and then attack, attack, attack because others don't align with my views. But if you want students to only think like you....then start a private school and teach those practices....from what I hear from you.....there must be a lot of money in education....

Freedom is "For EVERYONE and EVERYTHING" not just the people that agree with you. 

As stated before, many times, I think that many things need to be "age appropriate" for the students at that time. But everything needs to be taught at some time in a student's life, so when they become "legal" adults they can make good decisions. 

2 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

And @RETIREDFAN1, I am guessing that you are going to vote "NO" to the raise for retired teachers coming on the ballot in November.......since you seem to think that agreeing with others that teachers are misaligned with "red blooded Americans values". SMH

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

And @RETIREDFAN1, I am guessing that you are going to vote "NO" to the raise for retired teachers coming on the ballot in November.......since you seem to think that agreeing with others that teachers are misaligned with "red blooded Americans values". SMH

We paid into that fund so I'll be voting YES to get back more of my own money.........

• Prayers 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

What she says is stupid, but then again some people are that way.....that doesn't mean they don't have school choice, just like in Texas, students & parents have choices to send their kids to schools they want to. I know because my mother-in-law worked in administration in a Florida School District for over 25 years.......Everyone still has school choice, and parents have all the rights they want, but they should make sure they are doing THEIR job prior to sending THEIR angels to any school......

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

What she says is stupid, but then again some people are that way.....that doesn't mean they don't have school choice, just like in Texas, students & parents have choices to send their kids to schools they want to. I know because my mother-in-law worked in administration in a Florida School District for over 25 years.......Everyone still has school choice, and parents have all the rights they want, but they should make sure they are doing THEIR job prior to sending THEIR angels to any school......

Right on que

• 2 weeks later...

Public Education: Time To Pull Them Out
Not many weeks pass without me asking my children a question that I have been asking them since they could talk: “What is your number one goal in life?” Their response is always, “To get to heaven.” I suspect most Christian families are instilling a similar goal. But what happens when something threatens that number one goal? What happens when our children face an obstacle that could hinder their journey toward heaven? Are we willing to stand up and fight for our families, oftentimes swimming upstream against the current? Or do we simply follow blindly the masses, and “hope” our children turn out alright?
The topic of schools and educating our children is one that often causes emotions to run high. Almost every congregation has faithful Christians who have dedicated their lives and do a tremendous job educating children. Additionally, many people feel a strong allegiance to their alma mater. Others are old enough to remember that a good education used to be reserved only for the privileged. In fact, there are still many countries of the world in which the majority of citizens are denied a public education. Truly, public education is one of the greatest concepts and achievements this country has developed.
But make no mistake about it; ungodly people have hijacked the public education system. Blackboards once covered with chalk have been thrown out and replaced with white dry-erase boards, and with that replacement, values like integrity, honesty, hard working, and reverence towards God were also thrown out. Children no longer learn how to learn. Most are not encouraged to think critically. In many instances, students are filled with trivial facts and expected to regurgitate them on a standardized test. This is not education, but instead a mentally bankrupt form of indoctrination. Rather than focusing on training young people to be upstanding citizens who have common sense and can learn from books, we are creating generations of students whose level of success is based purely on standardized tests. We are spending more on public education, and yet literacy levels continue to decline. Textbooks continue to recycle mindless rubbish—much of which purposefully teaches humanism or contains evolutionary arguments known to be false, such as Haeckls embryos or the peppered moths. Add to this that many pitiable parents are using the public school system merely as a baby-sitter for their undisciplined children and you end up with the perfect recipe for failure.
In 1983, the federal government released a scathing report of our educational system titled “A Nation at Risk” (http://www.ed.gov/pubs/NatAtRisk/risk.html). This exhaustive study noted:
Our Nation is at risk…. If an unfriendly foreign power had attempted to impose on America the mediocre educational performance that exists today, we might well have viewed it as an act of war. As it stands, we have allowed this to happen to ourselves (emp. added).

In his book The Philosophy of Christian Curriculum, John Rousas observed, “At present, the state schools are an establishment of humanism. They teach and propagate a philosophy of life which does more than omit Christianity: it is radically at war with biblical religion.” Samuel Blumenfeld wrote a book titled N. E. A.: Trojan Horse in American Education in which he declared: “The NEA has remained remarkably faithful to the Humanist Manifesto since 1933. For all practical purposes, the public school has become the parochial school for secular humanism.” An honest person would be hard pressed not to see the problems with our current public school system.
But should we really pull our children out? Since for years public schools have been “center stage” in the American home, many have forgotten that education is simply a tool. Should this tool be allowed to subvert our children’s faith? Ultimately, what is more important: a piece of parchment that will not matter in 200 years, or spending an eternity in the presence of the Creator? That is not to say children should not be educated. But maybe the time has come to question how our children are educated. Placing our children in public schools may appear “normal” because the vast majority of Americans are doing it. However, we must consider the cost! It may be financially free, but it can bankrupt your children spiritually. Isn’t it time we rethink what is “normal?”
Several leaders in the Southern Baptist Convention have proposed a resolution that asks members of that denomination “to remove their children from the government schools and see to it that they receive a thoroughly Christian education, for the glory of God…” They have asked Baptist churches to develop an exit strategy from the public schools that will give particular attention to the needs of orphans, single parents, and the disadvantaged. Their ultimate goal is to pull their children out! They recognize that government schools are undermining the faith of their students.
What is your number one goal for your children and grandchildren? Are you ready to take action to see that goal come true? Even if it means pulling them out?

• Love 1

19 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Public Education: Time To Pull Them Out
Not many weeks pass without me asking my children a question that I have been asking them since they could talk: “What is your number one goal in life?” Their response is always, “To get to heaven.” I suspect most Christian families are instilling a similar goal. But what happens when something threatens that number one goal? What happens when our children face an obstacle that could hinder their journey toward heaven? Are we willing to stand up and fight for our families, oftentimes swimming upstream against the current? Or do we simply follow blindly the masses, and “hope” our children turn out alright?
The topic of schools and educating our children is one that often causes emotions to run high. Almost every congregation has faithful Christians who have dedicated their lives and do a tremendous job educating children. Additionally, many people feel a strong allegiance to their alma mater. Others are old enough to remember that a good education used to be reserved only for the privileged. In fact, there are still many countries of the world in which the majority of citizens are denied a public education. Truly, public education is one of the greatest concepts and achievements this country has developed.
But make no mistake about it; ungodly people have hijacked the public education system. Blackboards once covered with chalk have been thrown out and replaced with white dry-erase boards, and with that replacement, values like integrity, honesty, hard working, and reverence towards God were also thrown out. Children no longer learn how to learn. Most are not encouraged to think critically. In many instances, students are filled with trivial facts and expected to regurgitate them on a standardized test. This is not education, but instead a mentally bankrupt form of indoctrination. Rather than focusing on training young people to be upstanding citizens who have common sense and can learn from books, we are creating generations of students whose level of success is based purely on standardized tests. We are spending more on public education, and yet literacy levels continue to decline. Textbooks continue to recycle mindless rubbish—much of which purposefully teaches humanism or contains evolutionary arguments known to be false, such as Haeckls embryos or the peppered moths. Add to this that many pitiable parents are using the public school system merely as a baby-sitter for their undisciplined children and you end up with the perfect recipe for failure.
In 1983, the federal government released a scathing report of our educational system titled “A Nation at Risk” (http://www.ed.gov/pubs/NatAtRisk/risk.html). This exhaustive study noted:
Our Nation is at risk…. If an unfriendly foreign power had attempted to impose on America the mediocre educational performance that exists today, we might well have viewed it as an act of war. As it stands, we have allowed this to happen to ourselves (emp. added).

In his book The Philosophy of Christian Curriculum, John Rousas observed, “At present, the state schools are an establishment of humanism. They teach and propagate a philosophy of life which does more than omit Christianity: it is radically at war with biblical religion.” Samuel Blumenfeld wrote a book titled N. E. A.: Trojan Horse in American Education in which he declared: “The NEA has remained remarkably faithful to the Humanist Manifesto since 1933. For all practical purposes, the public school has become the parochial school for secular humanism.” An honest person would be hard pressed not to see the problems with our current public school system.
But should we really pull our children out? Since for years public schools have been “center stage” in the American home, many have forgotten that education is simply a tool. Should this tool be allowed to subvert our children’s faith? Ultimately, what is more important: a piece of parchment that will not matter in 200 years, or spending an eternity in the presence of the Creator? That is not to say children should not be educated. But maybe the time has come to question how our children are educated. Placing our children in public schools may appear “normal” because the vast majority of Americans are doing it. However, we must consider the cost! It may be financially free, but it can bankrupt your children spiritually. Isn’t it time we rethink what is “normal?”
Several leaders in the Southern Baptist Convention have proposed a resolution that asks members of that denomination “to remove their children from the government schools and see to it that they receive a thoroughly Christian education, for the glory of God…” They have asked Baptist churches to develop an exit strategy from the public schools that will give particular attention to the needs of orphans, single parents, and the disadvantaged. Their ultimate goal is to pull their children out! They recognize that government schools are undermining the faith of their students.
What is your number one goal for your children and grandchildren? Are you ready to take action to see that goal come true? Even if it means pulling them out?

Oh yes.....please do pull out those kids.....most of them have "bulldozer parents" who do nothing more than cause more problems than what is needed......kids of these parents don't get an education....their parents make sure they get passing grades so they can live at home the rest of their lives.....so please...Southern Baptist...remove all your students from public schools and educate them yourselves......I am sure it will be a "fine and outstanding" education.....:rofl:

• Thanks 1

And here is hoping that the "catholics, methodist, and all other religions" do the same. Then we will only have those that need babysitters.....Oh, which reminds me......most parents work, that is why their kids are in public schools, so they don't have to take care of them all day long......Parents at the high school I work at....drop them off at 6:30 am and pick them up at 7 pm a lot of nights, in fact, there are students on my campus when I leave at 7 pm.....because parents won't pick them up....check out any high school to see if that is not the same.....

And they should be working, but adults have taken all the "part-time" jobs at the burger houses......And they don't "throw newspapers" anymore....so that job is out.....and most lawn mowing is done by "companies" these days, so how are they suppose to learn about working and personal responsibility.....the home....where NO ONE is.....:rofl:

• Crybaby 1