Why Christians Should Homeschool

Monte1076

22 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Public Education: Time To Pull Them Out
Not many weeks pass without me asking my children a question that I have been asking them since they could talk: “What is your number one goal in life?” Their response is always, “To get to heaven.” I suspect most Christian families are instilling a similar goal. But what happens when something threatens that number one goal? What happens when our children face an obstacle that could hinder their journey toward heaven? Are we willing to stand up and fight for our families, oftentimes swimming upstream against the current? Or do we simply follow blindly the masses, and “hope” our children turn out alright?
The topic of schools and educating our children is one that often causes emotions to run high. Almost every congregation has faithful Christians who have dedicated their lives and do a tremendous job educating children. Additionally, many people feel a strong allegiance to their alma mater. Others are old enough to remember that a good education used to be reserved only for the privileged. In fact, there are still many countries of the world in which the majority of citizens are denied a public education. Truly, public education is one of the greatest concepts and achievements this country has developed.
But make no mistake about it; ungodly people have hijacked the public education system. Blackboards once covered with chalk have been thrown out and replaced with white dry-erase boards, and with that replacement, values like integrity, honesty, hard working, and reverence towards God were also thrown out. Children no longer learn how to learn. Most are not encouraged to think critically. In many instances, students are filled with trivial facts and expected to regurgitate them on a standardized test. This is not education, but instead a mentally bankrupt form of indoctrination. Rather than focusing on training young people to be upstanding citizens who have common sense and can learn from books, we are creating generations of students whose level of success is based purely on standardized tests. We are spending more on public education, and yet literacy levels continue to decline. Textbooks continue to recycle mindless rubbish—much of which purposefully teaches humanism or contains evolutionary arguments known to be false, such as Haeckls embryos or the peppered moths. Add to this that many pitiable parents are using the public school system merely as a baby-sitter for their undisciplined children and you end up with the perfect recipe for failure.
In 1983, the federal government released a scathing report of our educational system titled “A Nation at Risk” (http://www.ed.gov/pubs/NatAtRisk/risk.html). This exhaustive study noted:
Our Nation is at risk…. If an unfriendly foreign power had attempted to impose on America the mediocre educational performance that exists today, we might well have viewed it as an act of war. As it stands, we have allowed this to happen to ourselves (emp. added).

In his book The Philosophy of Christian Curriculum, John Rousas observed, “At present, the state schools are an establishment of humanism. They teach and propagate a philosophy of life which does more than omit Christianity: it is radically at war with biblical religion.” Samuel Blumenfeld wrote a book titled N. E. A.: Trojan Horse in American Education in which he declared: “The NEA has remained remarkably faithful to the Humanist Manifesto since 1933. For all practical purposes, the public school has become the parochial school for secular humanism.” An honest person would be hard pressed not to see the problems with our current public school system.
But should we really pull our children out? Since for years public schools have been “center stage” in the American home, many have forgotten that education is simply a tool. Should this tool be allowed to subvert our children’s faith? Ultimately, what is more important: a piece of parchment that will not matter in 200 years, or spending an eternity in the presence of the Creator? That is not to say children should not be educated. But maybe the time has come to question how our children are educated. Placing our children in public schools may appear “normal” because the vast majority of Americans are doing it. However, we must consider the cost! It may be financially free, but it can bankrupt your children spiritually. Isn’t it time we rethink what is “normal?”
Several leaders in the Southern Baptist Convention have proposed a resolution that asks members of that denomination “to remove their children from the government schools and see to it that they receive a thoroughly Christian education, for the glory of God…” They have asked Baptist churches to develop an exit strategy from the public schools that will give particular attention to the needs of orphans, single parents, and the disadvantaged. Their ultimate goal is to pull their children out! They recognize that government schools are undermining the faith of their students.
What is your number one goal for your children and grandchildren? Are you ready to take action to see that goal come true? Even if it means pulling them out?

Source, please. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

And if taken to court and the person is found guilty, they should be placed in jail.....for life....but that won't happen. In Texas, you have to use the restroom of your gender, I believe it is law....

With guidance from the School Health Advisory Council, Lockhart ISD partnered with the Hays-Caldwell Women's Center (HCWC) to teach the class. HCWC is an organization that purports to offer community education throughout Hays and Caldwell Counties on topics relating to sexual abuse and violence. 

I am going to say that the outside organization was the group that provided the "teacher" in this instance, as the article does not say and the course was stopped by the superintendent.....Smaller schools have to hire outside groups or "regional teachers" to teach some classes that cannot be supported by a full time teacher in the district....

If it were a real, teacher, what exactly did they say was wrong.....a transgender woman is a "male" at birth, who thinks they are a female" when they get older....is that not correct? And a transgender man is a "female" at birth, who thinks they are a "male" when they get older....again, is that a false statement? 

DO we want to not define words correctly in this country? Or is that against the conservative motto....."don't ask, don't tell"--we shouldn't know the definitions of words? Some people are high on the spectrum for conspiracy theories......:tinfoil:

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Aren't we told constantly on here that this either "doesn't happen" or that "teachers don't have time to do this"?

Maybe you should read the article that says the program came from an outside source...explained above.....🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

With guidance from the School Health Advisory Council, Lockhart ISD partnered with the Hays-Caldwell Women's Center (HCWC) to teach the class. HCWC is an organization that purports to offer community education throughout Hays and Caldwell Counties on topics relating to sexual abuse and violence. 

I am going to say that the outside organization was the group that provided the "teacher" in this instance, as the article does not say and the course was stopped by the superintendent.....Smaller schools have to hire outside groups or "regional teachers" to teach some classes that cannot be supported by a full time teacher in the district....

If it were a real, teacher, what exactly did they say was wrong.....a transgender woman is a "male" at birth, who thinks they are a female" when they get older....is that not correct? And a transgender man is a "female" at birth, who thinks they are a "male" when they get older....again, is that a false statement? 

DO we want to not define words correctly in this country? Or is that against the conservative motto....."don't ask, don't tell"--we shouldn't know the definitions of words? Some people are high on the spectrum for conspiracy theories......:tinfoil:

If I think I'm a millionaire, does that make it true? If I think I'm royalty, and should be addressed as such, does that make it true? If I think I'm 25, does that make it true? And would you go along with it if I did?

Edited by Monte1076

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

If I think I'm a millionaire, does that make it true? If I think I'm royalty, and should be addressed as such, does that make it true? If I think I'm 25, does that make it true? And would you go along with it if I did?

You can be whatever you want to be, I think that is the American way, or use to be......while I know I am not 25 anymore, when people ask my age, I say "I'm old enough to know better, but young enough NOT to care"......So we can't give a definition for something in school, my gosh have people gone off the deep end. 

So a programmer, in easy terms, isn't a "person who programs"......

So a trangender man, isn't a "female who thinks they are a man".....

I have to hand it to the conspiracy theorists.....or Bobby Bushay theorists....."momma says definitions are the work of the devil".....:rofl:

4 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

You can be whatever you want to be, I think that is the American way, or use to be......while I know I am not 25 anymore, when people ask my age, I say "I'm old enough to know better, but young enough NOT to care"......So we can't give a definition for something in school, my gosh have people gone off the deep end. 

So a programmer, in easy terms, isn't a "person who programs"......

So a trangender man, isn't a "female who thinks they are a man".....

I have to hand it to the conspiracy theorists.....or Bobby Bushay theorists....."momma says definitions are the work of the devil".....:rofl:

"You can be whatever you want to be"

I'm going to be 47 this year. I can't, de-facto, be 25. "Identifying" as a 25-year-old won't change that fact.

45 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Maybe you should read the article that says the program came from an outside source...explained above.....🤦‍♂️

Again, you are saying it happens, but it's not state endorsed.  Does not mean it isn't happening.  And do you believe that all these issues we see posted here are the only ones that occur or would you agree that there's probably more going on that isn't reported because kids don't know who to tell or what's ok?

59 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

"You can be whatever you want to be"

I'm going to be 47 this year. I can't, de-facto, be 25. "Identifying" as a 25-year-old won't change that fact.

Then you didn't watch enough "Friends" growing up.....Joey was 30 acting like a 17 year old...It's all a mindset....

37 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Again, you are saying it happens, but it's not state endorsed.  Does not mean it isn't happening.  And do you believe that all these issues we see posted here are the only ones that occur or would you agree that there's probably more going on that isn't reported because kids don't know who to tell or what's ok?

Estrada maintained that it followed the guidelines of Senate Bill 9, which requires Texas public school districts to provide instruction relating to the prevention of child abuse, family violence dating violence, and sex trafficking. He emphasized that Lockhart’s curriculum was reviewed and recommended in alignment with the state-required process and then posted on the school district’s website for parents to view.

Well, I guess that the Senate of Texas did endorse it, since it is required.....

Does it happen, I am sure it does, but I stand by what I have said in the past....MOST teacher are here in the classrooms to do the correct things, not indoctrinate students to a "liberal" point of view....the kids have social media that does that for the "liberals"...

49 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Then you didn't watch enough "Friends" growing up.....Joey was 30 acting like a 17 year old...It's all a mindset....

"Acting Like" and "identifying as" are different things. One can be youthful and recognize that they are a specific age.

Someone who is 60 but runs five miles every day and SAYS that they're 60 aren't "identifying" as 25. One can say, "I feel young", but to me that's different than "identifying" as something.

58 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

"Acting Like" and "identifying as" are different things. One can be youthful and recognize that they are a specific age.

Someone who is 60 but runs five miles every day and SAYS that they're 60 aren't "identifying" as 25. One can say, "I feel young", but to me that's different than "identifying" as something.

Monte,

The article was about a teacher, who might not even be a teacher, but from an organization hired by a school district...she gave, easy to understand definitions of transgender for students to learn.....which is called for by the state of Texas in Senate Bill 9.....the requirements of health......it seems that some on here are calling it "indoctrination"....so you and the others are OK with destroying education....especially when it comes to giving definitions to students......

Once a person turns 18, they have every right to identify or chose who they are, which is their right under the US Constitution....

I am guessing that you are having a hard time with "identification".....you can chose or identify as anything that you want as far as I am concerned....doesn't make it true, and don't force it on me.....that is when the problem starts....the forcing part.....

But you and a former teacher want to say all teachers are like that, when MOST are not.....there are always "bad apples" in everything....but most teachers teach to help those around them, not take advantage of them......Unless of course you are the superintendent of Itasca ISD.....

38 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

you can chose or identify as anything that you want as far as I am concerned....doesn't make it true, and don't force it on me.....that is when the problem starts....the forcing part....

This is my entire point, though, Danny.

And I've never said that it's "all teachers", but people aren't just making up these stories. There are enough stories on this very site to show that it is happening, despite the protestations of others. Kids are even starting to assume the sexual preferences of other kids simply because they "want a gay friend".

And while it's important to understand definitions of words (I agree with you there), don't you think we need some standard definitions of words? Not "Orwellian" ones, but actual ones? And not ones where a definition is changed because the government has certain ideologies?

Further, on definitions, how many people that use the "neopronouns" can even define them (i.e. what is "zir/zim", and how do you define them)? Additionally, how is the "Q" in LGBTQ defined? LGB and T are, for the most part, straightforward. Although I don't see a need for L and G, since they're essentially the same thing.

Edited by Monte1076

7 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

This dumb stuff only got concerning when they started in on the kids.

This.

Up until then, most people really didn't care all that much. When it started to be "starting in on the kids", and "in your face, everywhere", that's when people really started to care. Not just Conservatives, either, despite what some might say.

• Roll Eyes 1