At least 135 teachers, aides charged with child sex crimes this year alone: True number may well be higher

RETIREDFAN1

If find it difficult for a former teacher to post something like that. Your headline seems to be attacking teachers. And while I understand that there are some bad apples in every bushel, there seems to be a constant attack against educators. 

Don't get me wrong, if teachers are molesting children, they should be tried and punished to the max. But your headline seems to make it sound a lot different. 

Try doing it by the numbers, like many of us did when it came to the coronavirus. 

There are over 3.5 million teachers in the United States. Divide that number into your 135 and you get .00003857 which is .004% of the educators/aides may have committed a crime. That is less than 4-one thousandth of a percentage point. Probably about the same number of bad cops to good cops, but I would imagine that the percentage of bad politicians to good politicians would be much higher. 😀

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Just one teacher committing these sex crimes against children is one to many.

55 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Don't get me wrong, if teachers are molesting children, they should be tried and punished to the max. But your headline seems to make it sound a lot different. 

It is, but some on here like to use that "broad brush" to paint all teachers in that light. But then again, you have to have your "clickbait". 

• Like 1

Shouldn't be happening.  That's for sure.  And those committing these atrocities should be punished to the full extent of the law.

What I want to know is, has it increased?  I beleive that it has, but we have much easier access to information now than in the past.  

I think we are in a culture that makes it easier for these things to happen.  Social media is a big culprit here.  These teachers are communicating with young boys and girls on Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, and more.  It creates much more opportunity for inappropriate interactions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Shouldn't be happening.  That's for sure.  And those committing these atrocities should be punished to the full extent of the law.

What I want to know is, has it increased?  I beleive that it has, but we have much easier access to information now than in the past.  

I think we are in a culture that makes it easier for these things to happen.  Social media is a big culprit here.  These teachers are communicating with young boys and girls on Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, and more.  It creates much more opportunity for inappropriate interactions.

As long as society keeps accepting these perverts and their actions, they'll continue to come out and be more and more blatant of their perverted sick ways. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JBizzle said:

much easier access to information now than in the past.  

This is the biggest reason I would bet. Because of all the media outlets, the instant real time problems, we are finding out a lot more about these things happening. I would imagine that the things have been going on for decades, just without the publicity that it has today. Local communities probably were able to hide these things and just rid themselves of the problems, before the internet and social media--where everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame daily. 

11 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

If find it difficult for a former teacher to post something like that. Your headline seems to be attacking teachers. And while I understand that there are some bad apples in every bushel, there seems to be a constant attack against educators. 

Try doing it by the numbers, like many of us did when it came to the coronavirus. 

There are over 3.5 million teachers in the United States. Divide that number into your 135 and you get .00003857 which is .004% of the educators/aides may have committed a crime. That is less than 4-one thousandth of a percentage point. Probably about the same number of bad cops to good cops, but I would imagine that the percentage of bad politicians to good politicians would be much higher. 😀

What is there a blackboard line or something ?  Hardly a day goes by that I don't read of some teacher/student relationship.  I could sort of understand if they were fresh out of college and the student was a senior, but some of these cases have age differences of over twenty years. The one's I really don't understand is a hot 20-30 year old female teacher with a 14 year old or less.  

17 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

What is there a blackboard line or something ?  Hardly a day goes by that I don't read of some teacher/student relationship.  I could sort of understand if they were fresh out of college and the student was a senior, but some of these cases have age differences of over twenty years. The one's I really don't understand is a hot 20-30 year old female teacher with a 14 year old or less.  

It's amazing that you are reading daily about some teacher/student relationship, considering there have only been 135 this past year. That means you must be reading the same paper over and over about the same relationship, or you have a news source that has found 2/3s more relationships than have been placed in the news or sent to a jury/court. 

But please, show where anyone has ever said that we didn't want them prosecuted, it is just that the retired "clickbait" guy is a former teacher, but seems to post a lot of anti-teacher rhetoric. And the percentage of this actually happening is less than the number of people who died from covid. SMH. 

On 5/20/2022 at 8:53 AM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

dispute the fact of that headline, please.........It's very easy for me to post the FACTS........

Maybe we the society should punish teachers as a whole by taking away their pension.  That way they are like the average American.  Which is retirement on your own responsibility.  

This is what you want isn't it ?  Put so much anti-teacher out their were people turn on their school.  When enough people turn on teacher, and the teacher approval rating is down the toilet.  Then and only then can coporate ,asters take the pension money away for themselves.  

6 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

It's amazing that you are reading daily about some teacher/student relationship, considering there have only been 135 this past year. That means you must be reading the same paper over and over about the same relationship, or you have a news source that has found 2/3s more relationships than have been placed in the news or sent to a jury/court. 

But please, show where anyone has ever said that we didn't want them prosecuted, it is just that the retired "clickbait" guy is a former teacher, but seems to post a lot of anti-teacher rhetoric. And the percentage of this actually happening is less than the number of people who died from covid. SMH. 

Nope, there's usually one somewhere across the country.  Some of them are only under investigation.  

On 5/21/2022 at 1:29 PM, DannyZuco said:

I think it said 135 year to date...so that is close to one a day.