High School Bragin' Rights

Doomer

My High School claim to fame came during my second B-team tennis season at New Caney when coach says "Doomer if you was two steps faster and had better hand eye coordination,  or if you had another year of eligibility,  I would try to find you a spot on the varsity team. Assuming you made your grades the whole semester. " I was truly moved. 

• LOL! 3

Just now, Doomer said:

My High School claim to fame came during my second B-team tennis season at New Caney when coach says "Doomer if you was two steps faster and had better hand eye coordination,  or if you had another year of eligibility,  I would try to find you a spot on the varsity team. Assuming you made your grades the whole semester. " I was truly moved. 

What you slaps high school story?

3 minutes ago, Doomer said:

What you slaps high school story?

When I was a sophomore at Carthage I tried out for the basketball team again (also tried out as a freshman) and they thanked me for trying out two years in a row, but that they had enough guards already.

Translation: “You’re the shortest person here by a country mile, and we really just can’t use you.”

In the coaching staff’s defense, I was probably about 5’1” and only 105 lbs, at most! Haha

Thankfully, I’ve grown since then and now I hope I stop growing………

😂

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

Played on a Tenaha Tiger team that went 9-1 in 1978 and was the first winning team the school had in football since the 50's. Each player (21 of us)made awesome plays at some point. What I'm sure most teammates remember about me is I played safety at 138lbs my junior year and 150lbs as a senior. I hit a 230 lb.Logansport full back in the knees near the goal line to prevent a score. My back bent so much that everywhere my skin attached to the backbone the cartilage tore loose and made hicky-like bruises. Heck of a way to be remembered but...

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, Stoney said:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1992-06-21-9206210535-story.html

Does castrating a pig using your teeth during class count as fame?*

*Doomer and myself are not the individual who did this nor are we kin to the guy who did it.

Riiiiiight........you won't convince the membership here that it wasn't y'all......😂😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1