Clarksville open

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

hmmmm...I know Clarksville has some depth issues, but from a talent standpoint, is this a better job than Clarksville?   I guess coach thought so. 

I don’t see where talent is an issue at Clarksville. We’ve played them the last two years. They are loaded with athletes. More than enough to compete and win in AAD2. Discipline and toughness seem to be what they’re lacking. They need a coach who will stay more than two years to instill that. 

On 5/21/2022 at 7:45 PM, trueblue82 said:

I don’t see where talent is an issue at Clarksville. We’ve played them the last two years. They are loaded with athletes. More than enough to compete and win in AAD2. Discipline and toughness seem to be what they’re lacking. They need a coach who will stay more than two years to instill that. 

agree.  I think they only had like 16-17 players last yr. That's got to be tough, and now with coach leaving, it may hurt things.  LK hasn't had alot of wins lately and it seems from a talent standpoint that Clarksville is a better job. But maybe other factors are the reason for leaving. 

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

agree.  I think they only had like 16-17 players last yr. That's got to be tough, and now with coach leaving, it may hurt things.  LK hasn't had alot of wins lately and it seems from a talent standpoint that Clarksville is a better job. But maybe other factors are the reason for leaving. 

LK has talent, and while their D1 district is probably stronger than the D2 district Clarksville is in, it’s still not exactly tough. They have the talent to make the playoffs if the kids are willing to work at executing a good system. 

11 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

His wife is from Atlanta and still has family there....probably a little factor.

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

LK has talent, and while their D1 district is probably stronger than the D2 district Clarksville is in, it’s still not exactly tough. They have the talent to make the playoffs if the kids are willing to work at executing a good system. 

L-K will be in same division as Clarksville this coming fall. 

1 hour ago, 73tigers said:

There is at least one currently on staff that would be a good fit as HFC; not sure he has the experience to handle the AD.

No time like the presence to get that experience.

At this point in the year if you have someone that can limit coaching turnover, and is invested in the community and kids already, give him his shot. 

Clarksville is a dying town. definitely need someone who is invested in the long term there and has to get more kids to come out and play. Discipline has traditionally been the biggest issue with Clarksville and from what i've seen out them at various sporting events the last few years its still the same maybe worse than ever. I have a buddy that coached over there a few years ago and the Admin was pretty bad as well so if the same people are in charge things will never change.

10 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Clarksville is a dying town. definitely need someone who is invested in the long term there and has to get more kids to come out and play. Discipline has traditionally been the biggest issue with Clarksville and from what i've seen out them at various sporting events the last few years its still the same maybe worse than ever. I have a buddy that coached over there a few years ago and the Admin was pretty bad as well so if the same people are in charge things will never change.

Linden is a dying town too.

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Weren’t Clarksville and LK both in what is now Class 4A back in the 90s?

L-K maxed out around 360 kids in the 70s and 80s and started dropping enrollment afterwards……Some have said Cville had about 750 in high school years ago. 
L-K was in the same district with Gilmer, P G, Atlanta some back then, but never had the numbers to be 4A now. 

Alot of small towns in Texas are dying But Clarksville would be in much better shape if ALL the kids in town attended Clarksville ISD.

According to TEA district transfer report, they lose about 1/3 of their kids to surrounding ISD's...mainly Detroit and Avery. 

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Alot of small towns in Texas are dying But Clarksville would be in much better shape if ALL the kids in town attended Clarksville ISD.

According to TEA district transfer report, they lose about 1/3 of their kids to surrounding ISD's...mainly Detroit and Avery. 

.....let's not forget Rivercrest

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

There are reasons they go to other schools. Says something about the Clarksville ISD. Sometimes a body needs a complete transfusion and not a partial. As long as the community tolerates it, “it is what it is”.

Clarksville was actually in what is now 5A in the late 70’s.  When I moved to SS in ‘76 the district was SS, MP, Daingerfield, Jefferson, Clarksville, Gilmer, Atlanta and LE.  Pittsburg had just won the district the year before and then moved back down.