Nancy Pelosi Denied Communion

EnjoyLife

3 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

This has nothing to do with politics.  It has to deal with Catholic doctrine, and her support and defense for abortion is against God's teachings.  I think she should be excommunicated for not discussing this with the priest.  

• Like 3

I glanced at the title of this thread, and for a brief moment thought it said, "Nancy Pelosi denied Communism".

But to tell you the truth, she can probably find another Catholic church in San Francisco where a priest will administer communion to her.

John Glenn took communion on the moon, so I'd think Nancy Pelosi could find a priest to give her communion even though this archbishop has denied her.

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I glanced at the title of this thread, and for a brief moment thought it said, "Nancy Pelosi denied Communism".

But to tell you the truth, she can probably find another Catholic church in San Francisco where a priest will administer communion to her.

John Glenn took communion on the moon, so I'd think Nancy Pelosi could find a priest to give her communion even though this archbishop has denied her.

Read the letter from the archbishop.  This is fully supported by the pope

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

That may be, but that doesn't mean that a priest can't go against it, right?

I’d think he’d do so at his peril.  Besides Nancy was ask to meet with the Archbishop, and refused.  Pretty obvious why, she knows she’s wrong as this issue pertains to the Catholic Church.  There’s no grey area and kudos to the Church for their stance.  And kudos to the other Christian denominations that take the same stance.  

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’d think he’d do so at his peril.  Besides Nancy was ask to meet with the Archbishop, and refused.  Pretty obvious why, she knows she’s wrong as this issue pertains to the Catholic Church.  There’s no grey area and kudos to the Church for their stance.  And kudos to the other Christian denominations that take the same stance.  

Well, Joe Biden is Catholic, right? AFAIK he still receives communion.

15 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

That may be, but that doesn't mean that a priest can't go against it, right?

I believe if a priest or archbishop etc goes against the stance of the higher ups of the Catholic Church, they run the risk of being removed from their position.

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Well, Joe Biden is Catholic, right? AFAIK he still receives communion.

There’s more to it than simply her stance.  The Archbishop has repeatedly ask her to meet with him, she hasn’t.  Also she’s a strong advocate of abortion and essentially keeps it on her front burner, while Joe is pro-abortion but he as president he doesn’t spend most of his time as a proponent like Nancy does.  This article gives more information.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-communion-ban-supreme-court-leak-archbishop

31 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

This is not about politics...it is about a very high profile politician that claims the Catholic faith while actively advocating political positions that are directly in opposition to Catholic doctrine and teachings. 

Maybe instead of tea, we should send Bibles and copies of the Constitution to our elected representatives.

4 hours ago, Olduy said:

Doubt that would have happened anyway

Well according to the Christian bible, one only has to truly repent to get into heaven. Even someone like Pelosi could repent and get into heaven, according to that. 

12 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Well according to the Christian bible, one only has to truly repent to get into heaven. Even someone like Pelosi could repent and get into heaven, according to that. 

Repent, Confess, be Baptized, AND live faithfully unto death....

6 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Repent, Confess, be Baptized, AND live faithfully unto death....

But again, the thief on the cross next to Jesus in the bible didn't have to do all those, he just had to repent and ask for forgiveness to be saved and go to heaven. He never got baptized, but could have lived faithfully unto death, considering he wasn't going anywhere. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

But again, the thief on the cross next to Jesus in the bible didn't have to do all those, he just had to repent and ask for forgiveness to be saved and go to heaven. He never got baptized, but could have lived faithfully unto death, considering he wasn't going anywhere. 

That person lived under the Mosaic Law, not under the New Testament.....

7 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

She isn't anywhere close to the repentance process, because she has to forsake her sin.  She's going to fight for abortion until her dying day.  

7 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

He didn't go to heaven that day.  He went to paradise.  Christ had yet to ascend to heaven as well, and told his mother and Mary Magdalene when He exited His tomb to touch me not for I have yet to ascend to my Father who is in heaven.  Then again, many people think that when they die they go to heaven.  They don't.  Judgement Day has to occur, before that happens.  Even I have said that people do, but only to comfort those who have lost someone near and dear to them.  Most of them eventually will with what I know about them, but I could be wrong.