Rolling blackouts this summer due to green energy push...

gamewatcher63

Even CBS, a well known propaganda arm of the Democratic Party said on the evening news that the potential hot summer combined with so many EV’s needing charging would put a drain on the electrical grids.  If I had false teeth I’d swallowed them.  That revelation will probably get someone fired.  Heaven forbid reporting real news/truth.  How dare they.

As gamewatcher pointed out, “shutting down fossil fuels before having a viable alternative”.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hagar said:

Even CBS, a well known propaganda arm of the Democratic Party said on the evening news that the potential hot summer combined with so many EV’s needing charging would put a drain on the electrical grids.  If I had false teeth I’d swallowed them.  That revelation will probably get someone fired.  Heaven forbid reporting real news/truth.  How dare they.

As gamewatcher pointed out, “shutting down fossil fuels before having a viable alternative”.

Or maybe CBS is just reporting news. As for EVs, that argument doesn't fly with me at all. Only 11% of drivers in this country drive EV's and the majority of those are hybrid.  Plus I'm guessing a lot have solar powered homes and not even using the grid. 

When it comes to shutting down fossil fuels, i agree, while we do need to take care of our planet, I don't think another 2 years would have hurt but also, I know very little about that stuff so who knows.

https://insideevs.com/news/566900/us-plugin-car-sales-2021q4/

10 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Or maybe CBS is just reporting news. As for EVs, that argument doesn't fly with me at all. Only 11% of drivers in this country drive EV's and the majority of those are hybrid.  Plus I'm guessing a lot have solar powered homes and not even using the grid. 

When it comes to shutting down fossil fuels, i agree, while we do need to take care of our planet, I don't think another 2 years would have hurt but also, I know very little about that stuff so who knows.

https://insideevs.com/news/566900/us-plugin-car-sales-2021q4/

Californians have already been making the switch.  Almost 1 million EV's are on the road in Cali.  California is also pushing to make EV's the only vehicles sold in the state.  2022 California EV Trends & Electric Car Research (recurrentauto.com) .  

Houston is already experiencing rolling blackouts.  I've had three nights in a row where the power went off for 30 minutes.  I was sort of amazed that one happened last night with the cool front that came through.  I didn't even use my AC last night.  I just opened the windows upstairs and turned on a box fan in the window.  It was 75 degrees inside when I woke up.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

If the Texas grid system goes down again.  Then ALL HAIL GOVENOR BETO !!!!

It is an election year so no crash coming as far as the grid.  

Hopefully, people will see and understand what is going on in California to prevent that. O'Rourke isn't the answer for Texas, and I can't say Abbott is either, but I'm going the KirtFalcon route with voting for a RINO.