*** Regional Semifinals Info ***

KirtFalcon

Gunter 13 Harmony 2

Gunter 2 Harmony 0

Gunter faces district mate Pottsboro next week to decide who goes to state.  Gunter swept Pottsboro in district, both 1-run games.  This will be a battle, Gunter  going for its 9th appearance.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Final!  SH wins 9-1 and advances to play Celina next week.

Congrats to Spring Hill. Their bats were kinda blah last night but the defense minus the RF as well as the pitching was top notch. Melissa made a ton of mistakes and SH capitalized big time..and that’s what really good teams do. The regional final Celina vs Spring should be a great one between 2 3-loss teams. 

18 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Heading to top of 6, SH still up 3-1.  TCU commit Lipsey makes 2 D1 catches in centerfield that inning.  One diving on a short liner, and one off the wall in deep center.

Those plays were both ESPN top 10 type plays. I lived in Flower Mound back in 2014 time frame and Lipsey’s plays reminded me a lot of the Flo Mo CF Connor Wanhanen state 5A championship game MVP who also went on to play at TCU.

1 hour ago, Texski said:

Congrats to Spring Hill. Their bats were kinda blah last night but the defense minus the RF as well as the pitching was top notch. Melissa made a ton of mistakes and SH capitalized big time..and that’s what really good teams do. The regional final Celina vs Spring should be a great one between 2 3-loss teams. 

Agree SH did not hit the ball well until late in the game last night.  But they did get at least one base runner on every inning.  Got to give some credit to the Melissa starter.  Had he not been all over the place with his accuracy, the game could have been closer in the later innings.  Those hit by pitch walks, passed ball 3rd strikes, and walks were killers.  As an FYI, the RF is a freshman.

Ball game!  Carthage wins 5-0 and clinched the series 2-0.  They will face China Spring next week in the Region 3 Finals.  I’ll take my crow deep fried.  I really thought Bellville was the better team.  Carthage appears to be playing their best baseball of the season at the right time.  Congrats!

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Ball game!  Carthage wins 5-0 and clinched the series 2-0.  They will face China Spring next week in the Region 3 Finals.  I’ll take my crow deep fried.  I really thought Bellville was the better team.  Carthage appears to be playing their best baseball of the season at the right time.  Congrats!

Hats of to Carthage for just flat out playing better baseball. Bellville had their opportunities and couldn’t capitalize. One key moment was the first or second inning when Bellville had runners on first and second no outs and Bellville hit a shot to left and the Carthage left fielder made a leaping catch that probably saved 2 runs. The inning where Carthage hosed the runner at home on a fly ball… I thought that was a bad call sending the runner on a semi shallow ball there, but it is what it is. Very impressed with the LF for Carthage. Best of luck vs China Spring 

• Like 1