Being Called Jackie Racist ?

Hagar

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/white-sox-accuse-yankees-josh-donaldson-racist-jackie

Can someone explain to me why the black player called this racist?  If you referred to me as Mickey (Mantle), I’d think it a compliment.  That said, being referred to as Jackie Robinson should be considered the same way.  What am I missing?  Based on the story, Anderson needs some Play-Duh until he grows up.

20 hours ago, Hagar said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/white-sox-accuse-yankees-josh-donaldson-racist-jackie

Can someone explain to me why the black player called this racist?  If you referred to me as Mickey (Mantle), I’d think it a compliment.  That said, being referred to as Jackie Robinson should be considered the same way.  What am I missing?  Based on the story, Anderson needs some Play-Duh until he grows up.

May understand his beef if he hadn't referred to himself as the modern day Jackie Robinson a few years ago.  In that context, I would say at best it's a disparaging remark about him thinking he is somehow doing something along the lines of what Robinson did.

But not racist at all.  Does he go around calling all black players Jackie?  Is that his code word for black players?  Clearly not.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hagar said:

Heard this story this morning. Definitely not racist in my book, especially since he called himself that plus the two have joked about it in the past few years. 

• Like 1

Just another way to divide the country. America's past time has racism thrown into it, and the liberal media takes it and runs. Heck, they could call me whatever the heck they wanted to if I were making the kind of money those brats are making to play a GAME. 

7 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Just another way to divide the country. America's past time has racism thrown into it, and the liberal media takes it and runs. Heck, they could call me whatever the heck they wanted to if I were making the kind of money those brats are making to play a GAME. 

Which outlets did that

If I were Tim Anderson, I would accept it as a compliment, and not racist at all.  I just looked up his stats, and he's hitting really well this year and for the past 4 years batting over .300 and being an All Star in 2021 and placed 7th in MVP voting in 2020.  Tim Anderson Stats | Baseball-Reference.com .  Had his stats been lower then I would say it was disrespectful to Jackie Robinson.  This is just another example of someone reaching for the race card when there's nothing racist about it.  

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

ESPN, MSN, FOX just to name a few where I saw the story and some newscaster provided their own insight. 

I've seen people talk about it but not many saying it's outright racist if any.