Houston to unveil statue tribute for George Floyd.

DaveTV1

George Floyd statue to be unveiled at Harris County park on the anniversary of his death (houstonchronicle.com)

While I have problems with the way George Floyd died, he was a criminal and committed a crime while the arrest was being attempted and went awry.  Had a private person did this on their property, I would have no issue with it.  However this is a public park, and while the statue was donated by a local artist it has no place in a public park.  George Floyd was not a role model, and having a statue in this park shouldn't be there for children to look up to.  He may have had some redeeming qualities, but they are turning him into a hero in his hometown.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

George Floyd statue to be unveiled at Harris County park on the anniversary of his death (houstonchronicle.com)

While I have problems with the way George Floyd died, he was a criminal and committed a crime while the arrest was being attempted and went awry.  Had a private person did this on their property, I would have no issue with it.  However this is a public park, and while the statue was donated by a local artist it has no place in a public park.  George Floyd was not a role model, and having a statue in this park shouldn't be there for children to look up to.  He may have had some redeeming qualities, but they are turning him into a hero in his hometown.  

I can think of some good black folks who could use the recognition instead of a career criminal. Progressive's will recognize the devil himself if it furthers their twisted narrative 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

This is today's America, sadly to say. We tear down statues that made part of this country's history and put up statues of meth head criminals, as if they were some kind of hero or patriot.

is it racist if a crowd of people pull it down?