Is your football program going to be better or worse next season?

Doomer

Will your football team be better next year or not?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will your football team be better next year or not?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • Maybe
    • Who cares?
    • Ban Doomy. Boy ain't right.

43 minutes ago, Doomer said:

Will your varsity football program improve next season or not?

Certainly. 

Last year we went 9-4, lost in Regional to Denton Ryan.

I'm thinking we go something like 13-2, losing in the semifinals. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I said maybe, and that’s because we lose nearly our entire starting defense.

If the offense can show growth from last year I think we ultimately WILL be better next season, but I believe it all hinges on the defense.

I'll believe it when I see it Mr, "we can't even get past the 3rd round"! <(sarcasm)

• LOL! 3

21 hours ago, LOL said:

Certainly. 

Last year we went 9-4, lost in Regional to Denton Ryan.

I'm thinking we go something like 13-2, losing in the semifinals. 

I'm intrigued to hear who you think we'll lose to in regular season...(though I agree with your season ending result)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I'm intrigued to hear who you think we'll lose to in regular season...(though I agree with your season ending result)

I'm not sure, but it'll be someone we shouldn't. 

I'm worried about Lufkin at Abe, and Tyler High in the Rose. On paper we win both of those games easily, but inexplicable turnovers/penalties could swing the momentum away from us. 

• Like 1

Don't know yet with Celina. Offense should be better. Plenty of experience at QB and RB, and some good skill kids returning/coming up. Defense lost a whole bunch of dudes upfront. Lost a trio of really, really good LBs.

But, the JV was absolutely loaded and dominant (only gave up one TD all year), and there were some guys that could have played varsity, but it was better for them to start full time and get plenty of reps.

Moving up to Div. I won't mean much for Celina, I don't think, since Argyle and Melissa are gone. Region II is loaded, though, with Stephenville, China Spring and La Vega (all in District 5). No matter what, there's a doozy of a second-round game awaiting in the playoffs.

All-in-all, I expect Celina to make a fairly deep run in Div. I, and if the youth that will fill in some holes can grow/mature/step up, then I could see the Bobcats compete for Region II title.

10 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

All 3 of the programs I follow should be improved this year.....Colmesneil, West Hardin, and Chester.......

Knew a boy who played at Chester and CorriganCamden made it all the way up to the Minnesota Vikings. Chase Ford.

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

Koff may have or should have a better offense production with the jv qb moving up which I'm assuming will take over. Tennison will be or should be the likely choice taking over rb with Duce graduating. Imo, Tennison maybe a better and faster version of Duce in the coming years and he is a pretty good db and returner as well. We will have depth at receiving core as well. 

Defense we will be have to fill in at some key spots. Whomever is filling in for DK Rose at backer will have some big shoes to fill. He was our heart of the defense. If someone can fill in at there, we bring back about 6/7 starters. We'll take a step back but not much. 

8 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Koff may have or should have a better offense production with the jv qb moving up which I'm assuming will take over. Tennison will be or should be the likely choice taking over rb with Duce graduating. Imo, Tennison maybe a better and faster version of Duce in the coming years and he is a pretty good db and returner as well. We will have depth at receiving core as well. 

Defense we will be have to fill in at some key spots. Whomever is filling in for DK Rose at backer will have some big shoes to fill. He was our heart of the defense. If someone can fill in at there, we bring back about 6/7 starters. We'll take a step back but not much. 

Would you also be able to give us updates on Kemp, Cap City, Seven Points and Trinidad?

• LOL! 1

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Doomer said:

Would you also be able to give us updates on Kemp, Cap City, Seven Points and Trinidad?

Seven points is gonna be state champs 😆

22 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Will be hard to do better, Waskom lost all but two starters on offense. Have new coaches coming in except for a couple. Had a very good JV team so there is a lot of questions to be answered. 

No disrespect to the new HC, but with what was hired on his staff, EF will definitely be worse, not my opinion, it will be a fact.

22 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Will be hard to do better, Waskom lost all but two starters on offense. Have new coaches coming in except for a couple. Had a very good JV team so there is a lot of questions to be answered. 

Waskom was going to worse this year even before their staff and best two returning players portaled to Tatum.

14 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Im not sure how we will end up looking. We are losing some players but bring back some really good players as well. I believe should be the same imo. We have a good young core with some good players coming back 

Not sure you can improve on last year:) So your saying another title?

• Thanks 1