Is your football program going to be better or worse next season?

Doomer

Will your football team be better next year or not?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will your football team be better next year or not?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • Maybe
    • Who cares?
    • Ban Doomy. Boy ain't right.

19 hours ago, WestRusk2009 said:

Maybe... depends on if the gameplan is developed to highlight an individual players talent or utilize the entire teams talent.

Classic jab because the QB is a stud and just so happens to be a coaches kid.................... WR will be very good again with the same scheme as last year.... pound the rock and then throw some bombs...... My Question for WR was the Defense?????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

Classic jab because the QB is a stud and just so happens to be a coaches kid.................... WR will be very good again with the same scheme as last year.... pound the rock and then throw some bombs...... My Question for WR was 

WR should be solid.. Seems like they have a number of guys that are good WRs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

WR should be solid.. Seems like they have a number of guys that are good WRs.

Yeah for sure game i watched it was definitely a strength........ the other tyeam was putting together drives and stalling out though......... made me question the D and ended up losing the next week....

2 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

Yeah for sure game i watched it was definitely a strength........ the other tyeam was putting together drives and stalling out though......... made me question the D and ended up losing the next week....

I know the majority of guys from I've seen on Twitter all play on the offensive side of the ball. Hardly seen any promoting themselves defensively. 

Our senior class this year is the group that we’ve leaned on pretty hard since 2020. They started 8-0 as sophomores before a shellacking by state semifinalist Timpson, then losing a very winnable playoff game to Carlisle. 5-5 last season after losing the top two kids in the class before district play. I think we should be a better football team this year, but our overall schedule is better as well. Due to our bye week falling in week 11, coupled with the difficulty of finding a week 4 opponent, we’re playing a 9-game schedule, which gets us a bye before we start district. We dropped EF, Groveton and OC from the non-district while picking up Arp and Tenaha and keeping Beckville. That’s 3 pretty tough non-district games, and the district is tough once again. If we can stay healthy, we’ll be in the mix. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Our senior class this year is the group that we’ve leaned on pretty hard since 2020. They started 8-0 as sophomores before a shellacking by state semifinalist Timpson, then losing a very winnable playoff game to Carlisle. 5-5 last season after losing the top two kids in the class before district play. I think we should be a better football team this year, but our overall schedule is better as well. Due to our bye week falling in week 11, coupled with the difficulty of finding a week 4 opponent, we’re playing a 9-game schedule, which gets us a bye before we start district. We dropped EF, Groveton and OC from the non-district while picking up Arp and Tenaha and keeping Beckville. That’s 3 pretty tough non-district games, and the district is tough once again. If we can stay healthy, we’ll be in the mix. 

Hopefully this summer the coaching staff will decide to add to the playbook.

Watched the Rams two or three times last season and it felt like y’all ran about four plays over and over and over.

9 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Watched the Rams two or three times last season and it felt like y’all ran about four plays over and over and over.

The playbook was trimmed back dramatically when our starting quarterback got hurt in practice in week 5 and we had to start a freshman. They’re actually running more than 4 different plays, but the ball is going in the same place so it looks that way. The difference is up front. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 9:19 PM, upullinmychain said:

Hmmm..if we survive pre dist with a healthy core,I like our chances..could be dicey on overall record with who we face the first five games 🤷‍♂️crash-jump.gif

Go big or go home Hoss, Boom!

On 5/28/2022 at 7:42 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

But those Joaquin/Huxley boys are tough 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 10:19 AM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

All 3 of the programs I follow should be improved this year.....Colmesneil, West Hardin, and Chester.......

Murderer's row! Stole that from ole Greezy!

• LOL! 2

Arp will be better IMO. Qb they have returning and that whole group of kids are solid all the way thru. Good size and speed this year. I think they will once again contend for the district this year. They were really young last year so I see them improving off of last years season. 

2 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Arp will be better IMO. Qb they have returning and that whole group of kids are solid all the way thru. Good size and speed this year. I think they will once again contend for the district this year. They were really young last year so I see them improving off of last years season. 

How many DI studs? ...

Lindale has a chance to be better. But things have to fall into place. We lost a 3 year Starter QB but the kid coming behind him has varsity experience plus he lead Lindale to the first ETex team to qualify for state in 7 on 7 so he can sling it and he is very elusive. The question is new QB, lost all WR’s and on the defense. We were not good defensively last year giving up around 30 pts. a game. Have to improve a lot there but we’ve got some key kids coming back on defense including last years district newcomer of the year. We’ll see. I think Chapel Hill is gonna be very very tough to beat and they will be mad as hell to beat us after we embarrassed them at our place last year. CH will be legit and should contend for a shot at the state title again. Gonna be a fun fun season. I can easily see us going 7-5 again. We’re young. 

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

How many DI studs? ...

Not sure. I know the Lance Langenbau kid OL 6’5 296lbs Hunter Nash 6’1 205 will play next level. Other than that I’m not sure. Love the smart remark. Funny how that bs statement is from back when y’all all said Kyle Copeland and 4 more kids that ended up going D1 just like I said and had great college experiences. Anything else you want to know. Look out for QB Frank Smith Arp. He’s the real deal. Big Arm accurate and can  fly!  

1 hour ago, Tiger1995 said:

Not sure. I know the Lance Langenbau kid OL 6’5 296lbs Hunter Nash 6’1 205 will play next level. Other than that I’m not sure. Love the smart remark. Funny how that bs statement is from back when y’all all said Kyle Copeland and 4 more kids that ended up going D1 just like I said and had great college experiences. Anything else you want to know. Look out for QB Frank Smith Arp. He’s the real deal. Big Arm accurate and can  fly!  

Hopefully we can give y’all a better game in week 1 than the last time we played y’all. 

• Like 1