Is your football program going to be better or worse next season?

Doomer

Will your football team be better next year or not?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Will your football team be better next year or not?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • Maybe
    • Who cares?
    • Ban Doomy. Boy ain't right.

21 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

You guys should be improved this year huh 

IF we can stay healthy, we can play with just about anyone on our schedule. I don’t really think there’s an easy win on there, but I expect us to have a good season. 

22 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Colmesneil gonna be a playoff team this year.......

Yeah one act play starts before week 11 so Sabine Pass will forfeit. That means your Fightin’ Bulldogs will need a win over HD or DV to get into the postseason. I’m sure both of those games will be donnybrooks. 

12 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Yeah one act play starts before week 11 so Sabine Pass will forfeit. That means your Fightin’ Bulldogs will need a win over HD or DV to get into the postseason. I’m sure both of those games will be donnybrooks. 

Will beat both of them......

Hard to say. We graduated 26. But gain a tremendous coaching staff, a QB that has mastered the flexbone option, a stud Center and WR. Return a few OL and a RB. Return an interior d-linemen with 18 offers. Return 6 LBs that started at some point last year. Keeling has some solid pieces to build with. Will all depend on how quick we can adjust to the flex from the spread. 

Not sure about Argyle in 5A-D2 this football season, but should be fairly loaded in the lines and have a good QB and receivers again.  Just very sad that Argyle will be leaving 4A(and the old 3A)😪.  There's something special about playing all those small town teams around Texas.....even though some of them are quite larger in total population than Argyle will ever be.  Argyle will be at the bottom of Class 5A in enrollment, but should and will still be able to play for championships in many sports.  But it just won't be the same or near as exciting in those bigger stadiums when we travel, for sure.  In basketball, golf, tennis, volleyball, soccer, and softball......should not matter as much.  But in Football.....yeah, it'll be different and I hope Argyle can raise the bar for 5A D2 not only for Argyle, but for its competition too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Not sure about Argyle in 5A-D2 this football season, but should be fairly loaded in the lines and have a good QB and receivers again.  Just very sad that Argyle will be leaving 4A(and the old 3A)😪.  There's something special about playing all those small town teams around Texas.....even though some of them are quite larger in total population than Argyle will ever be.  Argyle will be at the bottom of Class 5A in enrollment, but should and will still be able to play for championships in many sports.  But it just won't be the same or near as exciting in those bigger stadiums when we travel, for sure.  In basketball, golf, tennis, volleyball, soccer, and softball......should not matter as much.  But in Football.....yeah, it'll be different and I hope Argyle can raise the bar for 5A D2 not only for Argyle, but for its competition too.

"Larger than Argyle will ever be"? Argyle will be an indecipherable suburb of DFW in 6 years on track to 6A. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2022 at 1:12 PM, 89Falcon said:

"Larger than Argyle will ever be"? Argyle will be an indecipherable suburb of DFW in 6 years on track to 6A. 

I'm talking about total population of the town, not the school enrollment numbers.  Stephenville is much larger than Argyle townwise......so is Gilmer.  There's lots of 4A towns with larger total populations in their towns than Argyle has.  Argyle is landlocked and therefore growth is somewhat restricted to the town. Most of the growth is seen at the subdivision build outs with lots of marrieds with school age children......not many empty nesters stay around nowadays......the town itself is just not very big, total populationwise.

I just looked up Argyle's population as of the latest census. While it is larger,  Gilmer is not MUCH LARGER than Argyle. The only reason Gilmer is in 4AD2 and not 3AD1 with our former rivals Gladewater and Atlanta is because the Gilmer ISD terrritory covers so many square miles in Upshur County. It's about 30 percent of the county, IIRC. The city of Gilmer covers only 3.8 square miles. It is not only not growing; some of what used to be in the city has been de-annexed in recent decades.

Argyle city, Texas  |  Total Population in Argyle city, Texas

Gilmer city, Texas  |  Total Population in Gilmer city, Texas
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I'm talking about total population of the town, not the school enrollment numbers.  Stephenville is much larger than Argyle townwise......so is Gilmer.  There's lots of 4A towns with larger total populations in their towns than Argyle has.  Argyle is landlocked and therefore growth is somewhat restricted to the town. Most of the growth is seen at the subdivision build outs with lots of marrieds with school age children......not many empty nesters stay around nowadays......the town itself is just not very big, total populationwise.

Understood, Argyle "district population" will be double Stephenville within 2 alignments. We lived in Haslet for the last 8 years. Saw the same thing there just to the south of you in NWISD (in particularly, Eaton). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Back on the deal......I'ma kinda thinkin' and hopin' that with this jump up to 5A this year that Argyle will also make a leap of sorts in their football program.  It may be a small leap for the players, but maybe a giant leap for the Coaching Staffs in all sports. Giant in different ways......with a different outlook and whole new challenge for everyone.  If there is a school that can handle those challenges right out of the gate, it would be a school like Argyle.  Good Luck and Go Eagles!!

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Back on the deal......I'ma kinda thinkin' and hopin' that with this jump up to 5A this year that Argyle will also make a leap of sorts in their football program.  It may be a small leap for the players, but maybe a giant leap for the Coaching Staffs in all sports. Giant in different ways......with a different outlook and whole new challenge for everyone.  If there is a school that can handle those challenges right out of the gate, it would be a school like Argyle.  Good Luck and Go Eagles!!

There will be a mental transition along with the physical one that has to happen from the coaches to the players in order for Argyle to taste at least some of the success in 5A that they experienced in 4A.  I will be watching intently to see how the student athletes handle this transition and in what ways the coaching staffs prepare and strategize for the new opponents of the larger classification.  It won't be like 4A at the top level, for sure.  Many of these top schools will have 1800 enrollments and larger.....more athletes to draw from......in all sports.

5 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Heard you joined the Seals and was considered somewhat of a legend. 

Yeah that's what they call me. Im getting pretty steady with this 300 mag! Word is they are sending me to the North Pole. Apparently Santa is having issues with the deadly gangs of moose