Best 4A/3A 2007-2021

HammerDahn

1 hour ago, HammerDahn said:

Heard Grant and Terry preview this topic and was wondering what everyone thought.  Who is your best

Player?

Team?

Game?

From 2007-2021 4A and 3A

Lets hear it!

I know I'm biased but Franklin rushing game this past season ranked 5th in the nation all time as a team for a season. Can't remember the actual numbers but it was over 8,000 total yards and half the games the starters sat half the 3rd and the whole 4th quarter. One of the kids has 12 D1 offers as of right now

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HammerDahn said:

Heard Grant and Terry preview this topic and was wondering what everyone thought.  Who is your best

Player?

Team?

Game?

From 2007-2021 4A and 3A

Lets hear it!

Best player from that era: Dwight Smith for Carthage, and it ain't that close.

Team: 2014 Gilmer ... 2007 Celina, 2008 Carthage also right there IMO.

Game: 2007 Celina vs China Spring State Title Game. It was a wild one. I'd also throw in 2014 Gilmer/Gladewater, 2010 Carthage/Brownwood, 2015 Celina/Gilmer.

Best player..  Darius Floyd (all time rushing leader for our school)

Franklin vs Grandview 2018 3rd round,  Grandview vs East Chamber 2018 4th round, Franklin vs Newton 2008 3rd round 3OT, Franklin vs Canadian 2021, and Cameron vs Teague 2015

Guest Tiger03lb
11 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

I remember this game like it was yesterday. Still can't believe we missed at least 5 extra points. I think the 16' game was better, imo

3 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

I remember this game like it was yesterday. Still can't believe we missed at least 5 extra points. I think the 16' game was better, imo

Correct.  If this was about the greatest comebacks, then that game would probably be near the top.  The Malakoff game in 2015 ranked 13th for me in terms of Cameron's games played during their championship runs.  The 2016 game ranked 10th.  Top overall game was Newton in 2012.  IMO, that was two of the better teams to play against each other in a 3A football game.  You could argue Cameron/Daingerfield in 2010 should be up there as well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

Correct.  If this was about the greatest comebacks, then that game would probably be near the top.  The Malakoff game in 2015 ranked 13th for me in terms of Cameron's games played during their championship runs.  The 2016 game ranked 10th.  Top overall game was Newton in 2012.  IMO, that was two of the better teams to play against each other in a 3A football game.  You could argue Cameron/Daingerfield in 2010 should be up there as well.  

I think The Cameron/ Tatum game was one you may have forgot about. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 7:37 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Best Player = Dwight Smith

Best Team = Toss up - ‘17 Carthage / ‘20 Carthage 

Best Game = ‘16 Carthage v China Spring comes in second place to ‘10 Carthage v Brownwood

Carthage/Brownwood by far was the best game I have ever seen. 

Brownwood scored 60 points or more on every team they played and was a unanimous pick to win the state championship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

My top 5 games (back from 2017 when I came out with this list):

1. Newton (2012)

2. Tatum (2010)

3. White Oak (2013)

4. Daingerfield (2010)

5. Hallettsville (2013) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage/Brownwood by far was the best game I have ever seen. 

Brownwood scored 60 points or more on every team they played and was a unanimous pick to win the state championship. 

That game was unbelievable and Hunter Holland was unstoppable that night and really the whole season.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

The reason it was so great is because it was such a great comeback. Games that are "back-and-forth"  happen all the time. That game? No, you don't see something like that more than two or three times in a long lifetime.

1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

The reason it was so great is because it was such a great comeback. Games that are "back-and-forth"  happen all the time. That game? No, you don't see something like that more than two or three times in a long lifetime.

oYe doing things

On 5/25/2022 at 2:15 PM, lionpride08 said:

Best player..  Darius Floyd (all time rushing leader for our school)

Franklin vs Grandview 2018 3rd round,  Grandview vs East Chamber 2018 4th round, Franklin vs Newton 2008 3rd round 3OT, Franklin vs Canadian 2021, and Cameron vs Teague 2015

Franklin Canadian was crazy. Think both teams were dead at the end. Two teams, two completely different styles/philosophies. Both teams kept getting hit in the mouth, and kept coming back. At the end, both defenses were gassed and neither team could stop the other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Franklin Canadian was crazy. Think both teams were dead at the end. Two teams, two completely different styles/philosophies. Both teams kept getting hit in the mouth, and kept coming back. At the end, both defenses were gassed and neither team could stop the other.

Yep it was a shoot out

On 5/27/2022 at 5:02 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

Best thread ever on Smoaky! A lot of hype before the game. Some people forget how close that game was through 3 quarters before Yoe finally pulled away. If I'm not mistaken, Tatum led 14-13 midway through the 3rd.

Best Player- The late Traion Smith - 7,620 yds rushing

Best Game- 2012 Newton / Yoe. Everyone and their mother picked Newton to destroy Cameron. Yoe shut that high powered offense down to zero points in the second half.