Best 4A/3A 2007-2021

HammerDahn

Most talented backfield since 2000? 

Tatum 2005 was pretty stacked in the backfield

Senior Daylon McCoy (UL-L)

Junior Lennon Creer(Tenn/La Tech)

Sophomore Bryce Beall(Houston) 

What are some of the other stud backfields over the last 21 years?

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

L-E had some talent come out of the backfield in the late 00's-early 10's

On 6/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, 514 said:

The most exciting game I ever watched was the State Championship game between Dangerfield and Cameron don't remember the year I am getting old.

The hardest hitting game I ever saw was when Jefferson beat Dangerfield in 86 and went on and won State that year. I could not believe how bad the fans in the stands where talking about Dangerfield's Head coach after that game with the run that they had just been on.

Dfield vs Yoe in 2010 was very exciting

2012 State Championship Match-up wasn't exciting at all in my opinion. 

Best Game: I think it was 2018 3rd round? Van vs Henderson @ Whitehouse. 21-20 Henderson. Maybe not the best game for us since we lost (Van) but may very well be the most entertaining  game I've ever watched. Was a real nail biter. Those two have to be the most evenly matched teams in the history of football. Ironically Van had beat Henderson in district that season 21-20, the same score flipped.

2 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Best Game: I think it was 2018 3rd round? Van vs Henderson @ Whitehouse. 21-20 Henderson. Maybe not the best game for us since we lost (Van) but may very well be the most entertaining  game I've ever watched. Was a real nail biter. Those two have to be the most evenly matched teams in the history of football. Ironically Van had beat Henderson in district that season 21-20, the same score flipped.

That was a great game.  I loved Van going for 2 and the win and came up a foot short of the goal line. 

Just now, trashyhound said:

That was a great game.  I loved Van going for 2 and the win and came up a foot short of the goal line. 

Sure looked like he made it from where I was sitting, but the ref was I lot closer so I'll have to take his word for it lol...

Guest Tiger03lb

20 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

2018 koff backfield

Rj Carr (junior)

Keevy Rose (junior)

Dedric Davis (junior)

Duce Hart (freshman)

Darion Peace-qb (sophomore)

The 2019 koff backfield 

Was the same minus Carr

Crazy having three talented rbs in the same class for two straight years on varsity but yet grew up altogether 

Player is tough... but Lamichael James is the first that comes to mind

Team.. Probably a carthage squad

Game..It's a tie for me

1. LE vs Gilmer 2006. Gilmer was undefeated and predicted to win it all. (LE won it all)

2. LE vs Robinson 2006 State Championship Game

I may want to go back just a couple years earlier with my player, Gilmer's Manuel Johnson...

best team...'14 Gilmer was a great choice...might would have been Gilmer's GJ Kinne team had it not been for a terrible Liberty Eylau game...always felt that team throughout the season should have played full games (starters going past halftime)..."no telling" what national records might have fallen with that team and they would have been totally prepared for that LE team.

best game was the Gilmer vs Canton game, the last year Kinne was playing QB at Canton... 

On 8/2/2022 at 6:56 PM, WiseGuy said:

Player is tough... but Lamichael James is the first that comes to mind

Team.. Probably a carthage squad

Game..It's a tie for me

1. LE vs Gilmer 2006. Gilmer was undefeated and predicted to win it all. (LE won it all)

2. LE vs Robinson 2006 State Championship Game

Wil Middlebrooks was a pretty good QB and yes, LJ was quite good too

On 6/1/2022 at 9:27 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I don’t know, 2010 Carthage versus Brownwood thread before the game was TENSE, and then after the game not a soul from Brownwood returned, so satisfying!

It would be hard for any game to top that 2010 state semifinal game, which pitted the record-breaking team from Central Texas that some were calling the best team ever in that classification against the two-time defending state champions from East Texas.

Carthage won 35-28, but the outcome was in doubt until after the game’s final play, which was an unsuccessful pass from the 5-yard line into the end zone by Brownwood. The target of that pass, then future Texas Longhorn Jaxon Shipley, later lamented that the three defenders covering him on his final high-school play were, like himself, future D1 players - senior LB Kendall Thompson (Shipley’s teammate at UT), junior S Ed Pope (Johnny Football’s teammate at Texas A&M), and senior CB Jalen Claiborne (Wyoming).

Carthage used its running game to defeat Brownwood, as senior RB Hunter Holland, who also played some DE that year, gained 307 yards. Coach Surratt commented later, “Our plan was to pound them, pound them, and pound them, with some play action, and I think our game plan worked great.”

The Bulldogs could win that year with either the pass or the  run. In the state championship game against Coldspring-Oakhurst the next week, senior QB Anthony Morgan threw for 392 yards and 6 TDs.  The late Cortlyn Ware, who was a senior WR/CB, had 5 catches for 176 yards and 3 TDs, and fellow senior WR/CB Jalen Claiborne had 6 catches for 163 yards and 3 TDs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/24/2022 at 2:32 PM, lionpride08 said:

I know I'm biased but Franklin rushing game this past season ranked 5th in the nation all time as a team for a season. Can't remember the actual numbers but it was over 8,000 total yards and half the games the starters sat half the 3rd and the whole 4th quarter. One of the kids has 12 D1 offers as of right now

And they said the slot t was too old of an offense . 

• Like 1

Best player:  Dwight Smith.  I still think the 2008 state championship game was one of the most dominant performances I’ve ever seen. 

Best team:  2014 Gilmer.  Tons of talent (2 future NFL players). Team won the state track meet the same year. And they had a reason to play: Desmond Pollard. There was something special about that group. 

Best game:  best game I saw was 2014 Gilmer Vs Gladewater.   I’m sure there were other great ones, but that’s my favorite. 

• Like 2