Uvalde, Texas school shooting: 21 killed, suspected shooter dead, Gov. Abbott says

Wild74

This is about as depressing as it can be, prayers for the kids and teachers that had to go through this tangled mess of mental depravity where a person with a firearm thinks it is ok to kill folks who can't even fight back. 

• Wild74 changed the title to Uvalde, Texas school shooting: 18 killed, suspected shooter dead, Gov. Abbott says
6 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

No, there are sick individuals in our society........

Of course, the media is using terms like "assault rifle" (untrue, because most of the time they don't know what they're talking about), and the media and politicians are talking "gun control" again, and talking about how politicians need to "do something" about "gun violence".

• Like 1

• Wild74 changed the title to Uvalde, Texas school shooting: 21 killed, suspected shooter dead, Gov. Abbott says
1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Of course, the media is using terms like "assault rifle" (untrue, because most of the time they don't know what they're talking about), and the media and politicians are talking "gun control" again, and talking about how politicians need to "do something" about "gun violence".

They need to do something about the drugs that they're prescribing to these kids that make them loose cannons.  I've already shown links to almost all of these mass shootings to teens and young adults that have been prescribed these drugs.  Of course we never hear about that in the initial reports, it's simply about the guns that were used, and those that are left dead.  Somethings setting them off, and it's not a gun.  I'm going to show it again :  37 Mass Shooters Who Were On Antidepressants | Thought Catalog .  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Crawford said:

It's pretty sad when school shootings become the norm. Maybe I just have a bad memory, but I don't recall a single school shooting when I was growing up.

Didn’t have these kids on anti depressants then either

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Crawford said:

It's pretty sad when school shootings become the norm. Maybe I just have a bad memory, but I don't recall a single school shooting when I was growing up.

9 minutes ago, Olduy said:

Didn’t have these kids on anti depressants then either

Plus there weren't 24/7 news stations........we got the news at 5:30 and 6:00 only........and they focused more on local stories.......

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Plus there weren't 24/7 news stations........we got the news at 5:30 and 6:00 only........and they focused more on local stories.......

True, but there was still the world news. I'm sure they would've covered it if there were any. Maybe there were some, I just don't remember any.

13 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

No, there are sick individuals in our society........

The problem is bigger than that. These kind of "mass casualty" attacks do not happen with such regularity in other advanced nations. There is something broken in our society. 

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I dont watch local news. Its crazy that I know more about what is going on in far away places than I do about what is going on down the street.

16 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

The problem is bigger than that. These kind of "mass casualty" attacks do not happen with such regularity in other advanced nations. There is something broken in our society. 

Too much freedom in the US.  The way I see it, you have two choices.  Move to a country with less freedom and less gun violence.  Or move to one of the US cities with the most strict gun laws - Chicago, Philly, NY, Baltimore, Detroit, DC, Portland, etc...  I hear there is hardly any gun violence in these cities.  

• LOL! 1

39 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Wrong libnut......the problem is INDIVIDUALS who are evil.......only thing wrong with our society is the liberal tolerance of perversion and pedophilia......

42 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Millions of Americans own guns. Heck, I'd wager millions of TEXANS own guns. Of those, a small fraction actually commit crimes with those guns.

It's not a GUN problem. It's not even a "Gun Culture" problem. It's a culture problem. The gun, in and of itself, is an inanimate object. It's the person using it, in cases like this, that are the problem.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Too much freedom in the US.  The way I see it, you have two choices.  Move to a country with less freedom and less gun violence.  Or move to one of the US cities with the most strict gun laws - Chicago, Philly, NY, Baltimore, Detroit, DC, Portland, etc...  I hear there is hardly any gun violence in these cities.  

Exactly....the gun wasn't the problem......SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED......

Just now, Monte1076 said:

It's not a GUN problem. It's not even a "Gun Culture" problem. It's a culture problem. A lot of these people don't know how to handle problems these days, either.

Either completely brainwashed by their government educators overmedicating them for "ADHD" or just purely evil because God was removed from their education......

• Like 1