Uvalde, Texas school shooting: 21 killed, suspected shooter dead, Gov. Abbott says

Wild74

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Or use your SECOND AMENDMENT rights and refuse to comply.........

What am I going to do against an armor personnel carrier ?   except die.

Back on topic.

Why isn't the media going after pharmaceuticals companies for their anti-depressant drugs.  Like somebody said on page 1. that many mass shooters turned up on the drugs.  

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Do you vote for the party that disagrees?

Believe it or not...no. I have explained this before but I will do so again.

At heart I am an FDR dem and pretty liberal when it comes to healthcare, labor, the environment etc...but I am also mostly a social conservative. I can not support todays democratic party because of their stance on abortion (utterly evil) and because (even worse) there is a significant percentage of dems that despise Christians and the Church. Those things are deal breakers for me so I hold my nose and vote for repubs. Heck, I voted for Trump twice just because I hoped he would get to appoint enough SC justices to overturn Roe vs Wade. None of this is any kind of an endorsement of the GOP (Greed Over People)...they are little more than prostitutes for Corporate America and the 1%...but they are also my only alternative.

11 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Plus there weren't 24/7 news stations........we got the news at 5:30 and 6:00 only........and they focused more on local stories.......

You can look them up, and the one's that happened the student usually had a beef with the person they shot.  They didn't happen very often either.  I've already looked them up.  They didn't have them just going in willy nilly and shooting up anything and everything that moved.  

Of course it's also the election year for Governor, and I would bet this kid was a Beto supporter.  Then we have Beto today trying to hijack the news conference.  C'mon dude, people are in mourning and you want political points for what happened.  Give me a break.  

11 hours ago, Crawford said:

True, but there was still the world news. I'm sure they would've covered it if there were any. Maybe there were some, I just don't remember any.

I remember the guy that shot his teacher in 1978.  He's an attorney now in Austin.  The other I remember was the University of Texas shooting, and he was strung out on the drugs that they are now prescribing these young men, but they were over the counter back then.  

10 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

The problem is bigger than that. These kind of "mass casualty" attacks do not happen with such regularity in other advanced nations. There is something broken in our society. 

They stab them over there.  You can look it up.  China is really bad about that.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Either completely brainwashed by their government educators overmedicating them for "ADHD" or just purely evil because God was removed from their education......

That's another reason as well.  Many of these kids don't attend church anymore.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Exactly, and drove to school in my pickup truck with a 30-30 rifle and 12 gauge shotgun in a visible gun rack behind the seat ....  as did many of my friends .... zero school shootings ....

Guns aren't the problem ....

They never were stolen either.  I would bet at any school today that they would be gone by lunch.  I remember the same thing.  

6 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Serious question...does it matter that when the 2A was written the fastest firearm on the planet was capable of firing 2-3 rounds a minute instead of being able to empty a 30 rd magazine in just seconds?

You might want to do a little research.  While the one I'm thinking of wasn't around in only a few countries it could be bought.  If it were the amount of rounds that could be fired Congress would have outlawed the Gatlin gun, repeating rifle, and the Tommy gun when mobsters were shooting up the cities.  You can still own all three, but a Tommy gun permit costs $10,000 plus the cost is around the same amount, well inflation probably makes it cost more now.  

3 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

The gun lobby is strong.  The gun lobby should be in awe in the power the pharmaceutical lobby has.  No one can even question the pharmaceutical companies on this.  

That's why the drug connection hasn't been looked into.  The only articles I can find where they say those drugs don't cause this type of hysteria are one's that quote doctors that prescribe those drugs.  They went after oxycontin makers, but God forbid they go after something that settles little Johnny down for a few hours and then once it wears off he's a raging lunatic or he takes too many and becomes one.  Alcohol can calm you down after a couple of drinks, but it can turn people into mad people as well.  

6 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Serious question...does it matter that when the 2A was written the fastest firearm on the planet was capable of firing 2-3 rounds a minute instead of being able to empty a 30 rd magazine in just seconds?

What matters more is that those weapons back then had the same capabilities as those possessed by governments.  

Asking citizens to possess arms significantly less capable than that of the government is directly defeating the purpose of the 2A.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Instead of discipline, they Medicate the kids 

Yep, and back then only a few kids killed their parents for being overly abusive.  I'm going to research that more, because I do remember a few cases.  I don't have time to do it tonight.  

• Like 1