Uvalde, Texas school shooting: 21 killed, suspected shooter dead, Gov. Abbott says

Wild74

15 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

The current story now is that the outside door he went into was closed, but did not lock like it was supposed to.

I was referring to the interior classroom door.  Haven't heard how it was left open.

12 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Same here....THIS is the issue that will spark a Civil War.....the dimnuts are too ignorant to see that......

I think they see it.  They want that.  Or at least a big false flag event to use to really weaken 2A.

9 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I was referring to the interior classroom door.  Haven't heard how it was left open.

It wasn't left open. The teacher removed the rock she propped it open with and closed it but the lock 🔐  didn't engage ....

20 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

It wasn't left open. The teacher removed the rock she propped it open with and closed it but the lock 🔐  didn't engage ....

Nope.  2 doors were breached.  Exterior door to get into the building.  Interior door to get into classroom.  Haven't heard how shooter breached classroom door that police couldn't get open for over an hour.

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

Nope.  2 doors were breached.  Exterior door to get into the building.  Interior door to get into classroom.  Haven't heard how shooter breached classroom door that police couldn't get open for over an hour.

That's exactly what was briefed yesterday during their news conference. They said they didn't know why the exterior door lock didn't engage ...

26 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

That's exactly what was briefed yesterday during their news conference. They said they didn't know why the exterior door lock didn't engage ...

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE EXTERIOR DOOR.  I AM TALKING ABOUT THE INTERIOR DOOR to the classroom.

How did the shooter get through that door that the police could not?

1 minute ago, ObiOne said:

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE EXTERIOR DOOR.  I AM TALKING ABOUT THE INTERIOR DOOR to the classroom.

How did the shooter get through that door that the police could not?

He probably locked it from the inside after he entered the room ...

29 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

He probably locked it from the inside after he entered the room ...

No 💩

How did he get into the classroom during an active shooter lockdown?  Did the teacher forget to lock her door as the shooting was going on outside.....right after the exterior door failed to engage?

4 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

No 💩

How did he get into the classroom during an active shooter lockdown?  Did the teacher forget to lock her door as the shooting was going on outside.....right after the exterior door failed to engage?

At my wife’s school you can’t unlock the classroom doors permanently. The key unlocks and turns the knob to enter but the knob stays locked. They have a magnet on the frame to keep the doors open during school and pull the magnet when security issues arise. 

25 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

At my wife’s school you can’t unlock the classroom doors permanently. The key unlocks and turns the knob to enter but the knob stays locked. They have a magnet on the frame to keep the doors open during school and pull the magnet when security issues arise. 

That sounds like a good system. 

Just wondering how the shooter breached these 2 different doors during an active shooter lockdown.  It wasn't like he snuck in and started shooting.  Shooting was going on in the town.  School is put on active shooter lockdown.  Shooter then breaches 2 different doors in the school?  

15 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

That sounds like a good system. 

Just wondering how the shooter breached these 2 different doors during an active shooter lockdown.  It wasn't like he snuck in and started shooting.  Shooting was going on in the town.  School is put on active shooter lockdown.  Shooter then breaches 2 different doors in the school?  

But the talk isn’t about school safety, it’s about guns. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

CIA hits don't count......just beating @mav01 to the punch.....😂😂😂😂

You can't "beat" the Mav01, you can only hope to contain him! According to some, they already assume my entire body is wrapped in tin foil.. 😆 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, mav01 said:

You can't "beat" the Mav01, you can only hope to contain him! According to some, they already assume my entire body is wrapped in tin foil.. 😆 

Right, gonna get too close to the imaginary edge one day and fall off ... :rofl:

On 6/2/2022 at 6:03 PM, trueblue82 said:

Do you really believe that it’s just a huge coincidence that we had one school shooting of note (Columbine) prior to the implementation of “federal gun-free zones” but we’ve had at least two dozen since then? 

It's far more than that.  I would say it's in the hundreds by now.  Maybe Monday, I'll do the research on it when I have time.  The way it seems we have almost two dozen a year.  Many of them could have been prevented if the FBI wouldn't have sat on their hands when they saw the social media posts.  

On 6/2/2022 at 6:49 PM, trueblue82 said:

Fine. Let’s take down all the signs, including the ones warning about armed staff members and the ones that declare the school a gun free zone, rendering everyone there a sitting duck. Then the evildoers will have to guess which schools might shoot back. “Gun free zones” made a lot of people feel good because they thought they had accomplished something. Truth is, that policy made those places less safe, and Sandy Hook, Parkland, Santa Fe, VaTech, and Uvalde are the proof. 

Yep, just like those criminal watch signs on neighborhood streets.  Then if a neighbor shoots someone for acting suspicious after the suspect is beating on them they turn on the neighbor and want him brought to justice.