Uvalde, Texas school shooting: 21 killed, suspected shooter dead, Gov. Abbott says

Wild74

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Another 14 shot in Chattanooga last night.

Murica.......

What were they shot with?

Maybe you can do something Democrats either can't, or won't.

What's an "assault rifle"?

What's "common sense" gun reform?

Do you also realize that if the Democrats get their way on "high capacity" magazines, it will essentially render a huge number of semi-automatic pistols (which is most pistols) completely useless? They gonna tell people they can't have revolvers, too?

And if Joe Biden is so concerned with 9mm rounds, is he going to have the FBI, Secret Service, etc., switch from what they use? Because those agencies use -- wait for it -- 9mm pistols.

What's the end game look like? How far are you willing to have your rights eroded?

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

14 shot in Philly last night.

Freedom!!!!

Another liberal that believes that only the good guys shoot other people. SMH. Maybe if they kept the bad guys in jail, instead of letting them out on bail, or quit DEFUNDING the police, these major cities with the strictest gun laws in the country wouldn't have so many mass shootings. 

Maybe you should run the numbers about gun deaths and learn that 54% of all gun deaths are suicides, and less than 10% are even considered "mass shooting". But keep telling us about places that have lots of shootings, because as I have said a 1000 times, 

GUNS don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people. It has been done for centuries, even in Europe, your utopia. SMH. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Do you also realize that if the Democrats get their way on "high capacity" magazines, it will essentially render a huge number of semi-automatic pistols (which is most pistols) completely useless? They gonna tell people they can't have revolvers, too?

And if Joe Biden is so concerned with 9mm rounds, is he going to have the FBI, Secret Service, etc., switch from what they use? Because those agencies use -- wait for it -- 9mm pistols.

What's the end game look like? How far are you willing to have your rights eroded?

Do away with the secret service.  When they don’t have their pistols they’ll be useless 

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Another liberal that believes that only the good guys shoot other people. SMH. Maybe if they kept the bad guys in jail, instead of letting them out on bail, or quit DEFUNDING the police, these major cities with the strictest gun laws in the country wouldn't have so many mass shootings. 

Maybe you should run the numbers about gun deaths and learn that 54% of all gun deaths are suicides, and less than 10% are even considered "mass shooting". But keep telling us about places that have lots of shootings, because as I have said a 1000 times, 

GUNS don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people. It has been done for centuries, even in Europe, your utopia. SMH. 

Ummm...I never mentioned guns. I was talking about our broken society. You boys jump to conclusions way to fast......................

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Quick, give us your answer to solve the problem.

I wish I had the answer. There is something wrong within our society/culture that has made life have so little value...but I dont know what it is or how to fix it. All I know is that these types of events happen way more in this country than they do in peer countries.

55 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I wish I had the answer. There is something wrong within our society/culture that has made life have so little value...but I dont know what it is or how to fix it. All I know is that these types of events happen way more in this country than they do in peer countries.

People seem quick to anger, and don't seem to know how to handle problems. Someone gets "wronged", you don't just take out a gun and shoot them. "Play Defense".

52 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Here is the problem--THERE ARE NO peer countries. Non the size or the population of the United States, non with the freedoms that our country has. It would take the Entire EU to have the same population as the United States--with a few more. But not a single European country--except maybe Russia has our population. 

I have NO Idea why these things happen more in our country--it has nothing to do with the "gun laws"--because again, the most strict cities in the nation have the most gun violence. Therefore it has something to do with mental health or lack of morals. Both of which probably combine to cause the crazy people in this country. And you don't have to be a super religious person to have decent morals. But parents, not all, but many parents are more concerned with their own situations and do NOT teach their children the difference between "right and wrong"--which leads to mental issues. And if you take someone that has a small mental issue--combine it with no morals--then see what you get. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

We Could start by disciplining the children.

taken God out of everything, Satan is having a field day.

kids don’t know what being a loser is like.  Sometimes a kid needs to not be the most special kid in the world, feel the agony of defeat, and learn to work harder.  

parents need to babysit their own kids.  Don’t let a game console, an iPad or smart phone full of liberal dummies influence their children.  

teach kids that homosexuality isn’t normal, and that it is a choice.  

We as a country could focus on what a family is, and that not having a father and a mother is crippling to kids.  Stop giving welfare/rewarding unwed mothers/baby factories.  

Support law enforcement, don’t run them down and victimize the criminals

That would be a good start.  From where I stand

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/2/2022 at 8:12 PM, BlahBlah said:

Remember our country is not even 250 years old yet.  The US Constitution has been changed how many times ?

answer How the U.S. Constitution Has Changed and Expanded Since 1787 - HISTORY

Since the Bill of Rights was adopted in 1791, Congress has passed just 23 additional amendments to the Constitution, and the states have ratified only 17 of them.

Something tells me politicians are going to change it again and again.

Did you guys know that the average length of time for a constitution to be in existence is 17 years?  It's rare for a nation to have a constitution as old as ours, even though our country is young, our constitution is pretty old.  As a matter of fact, it is considered the oldest Constitution in the world.  There is a reason it is so hard to amend.  It prevents mob think from altering the framework of our nation.

18 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Have they ever said what "high capacity" means?  8? 12? 16?

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

Did you guys know that the average length of time for a constitution to be in existence is 17 years?  It's rare for a nation to have a constitution as old as ours, even though our country is young, our constitution is pretty old.  As a matter of fact, it is considered the oldest Constitution in the world.  There is a reason it is so hard to amend.  It prevents mob think from altering the framework of our nation.

Have they ever said what "high capacity" means?  8? 12? 16?

Based on what Steube said (and only on what he said), it seems to be 10 rounds.

I want to know more about this kid, because the only thing I'm hearing is the Uvalde police dropped the ball big time.  When I try and look up anything about the shooter himself whether he owned the truck year and model that it was, his video game addiction, the numerous ammo, bulletproof vest, and guns I can't find anything printed by the news.  Why aren't we hearing anything about the background of this kid ?  They should already have his computer, and should be going through it.  Today, I found out that the grave digger at the funeral home across the street called his wife to bring his gun to him, but by then the police had arrived the kid had already been shooting in school windows, but was now inside the building, and they wouldn't even let this brave man in the school.  Uvalde funeral attendant who encountered gunman says he tried to go after shooter, was held back (aol.com) 

The more I read about this story and the cover up for this kid actually makes me think the Uvalde Police Department wanted this shooting to occur.  I want to know where all this money came from, and I want to see a toxicology report.  This story reads like he was taking ADHD meds, because he had the "look".  

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the more I want to know more about the shooter the press is more concerned with what the police didn't do that day.  Why is the press protecting the shooter ?  When journalism wasn't dead the press would investigate all avenues of a crime, and not move on with articles about gun restrictions and the poor police performance that dreadful day.  I'm beginning to wonder if the truth will ever come out, because it seems that something is being hidden by both the Uvalde ISD, Police Department, and the Press.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

04EA864F-A900-4412-AB85-3B6CD215DA66.jpeg

Uvalde PD on the scene at 11:52am.

How does any man sit out there in the hall for over an hour knowing there are kids being killed and dying in the next room over?  Much less 11 or so "men" or however many there were.

Just now, Stoney said:

Two closed doors and a wall stood between them and an 18-year-old with an AR-15 who had opened fire on children and teachers inside the connected classrooms. A Halligan bar — an ax-like forcible-entry tool used by firefighters to get through locked doors — was available. Ballistic shields were arriving on the scene. So was plenty of firepower, including at least two rifles. Some officers were itching to move.

One such officer, a special agent at the Texas Department of Public Safety, had arrived around 20 minutes after the shooting started. He immediately asked: Are there still kids in the classrooms?

Just now, Stoney said:

Two closed doors and a wall stood between them and an 18-year-old with an AR-15 who had opened fire on children and teachers inside the connected classrooms. A Halligan bar — an ax-like forcible-entry tool used by firefighters to get through locked doors — was available. Ballistic shields were arriving on the scene. So was plenty of firepower, including at least two rifles. Some officers were itching to move.

One such officer, a special agent at the Texas Department of Public Safety, had arrived around 20 minutes after the shooting started. He immediately asked: Are there still kids in the classrooms?

“If there is, then they just need to go in,” the agent said.

Another officer answered, “It is unknown at this time.”

The agent shot back, “Y’all don’t know if there’s kids in there?” He added, “If there’s kids in there we need to go in there.”

“Whoever is in charge will determine that,” came the reply.

The inaction appeared too much for the special agent. He noted that there were still children in other classrooms within the school who needed to be evacuated.

“Well, there’s kids over here,” he said. “So I’m getting kids out.”

• No security footage from inside the school showed police officers attempting to open the doors to classrooms 111 and 112, which were connected by an adjoining door. Arredondo told the Tribune that he tried to open one door and another group of officers tried to open another, but that the door was reinforced and impenetrable. Those attempts were not caught in the footage reviewed by the Tribune. Some law enforcement officials are skeptical that the doors were ever locked.
  • Within the first minutes of the law enforcement response, an officer said the Halligan (a firefighting tool that is also sometimes spelled hooligan) was on site. It wasn’t brought into the school until an hour after the first officers entered the building. Authorities didn’t use it and instead waited for keys.
  • Officers had access to four ballistic shields inside the school during the standoff with the gunman, according to a law enforcement transcript. The first arrived 58 minutes before officers stormed the classrooms. The last arrived 30 minutes before.
  • Multiple Department of Public Safety officers — up to eight, at one point — entered the building at various times while the shooter was holed up. Many quickly left to pursue other duties, including evacuating children, after seeing the number of officers already there. At least one of the officers expressed confusion and frustration about why the officers weren’t breaching the classroom, but was told that no order to do so had been given.
  • At least some officers on the scene seemed to believe that Arredondo was in charge inside the school, and at times Arredondo seemed to be issuing orders such as directing officers to evacuate students from other classrooms. That contradicts Arredondo’s assertion that he did not believe he was running the law enforcement response. Arredondo’s lawyer, George E. Hyde, said the chief will not elaborate on his interview with the Tribune, given the ongoing investigation.

Moments later, Arredondo and seven more officers arrived. The shooter opened fire at the first three officers closest to the two classrooms, grazing two and forcing all the officers to bolt to either end of the hallway. Those officers, including Arredondo, remained in these positions for the rest of the standoff, never firing a shot.