2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

1 hour ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Those seem like solid numbers especially in jh.  What is your take on Morton and his staff at this point?  Do the players seem to be buying into their culture?  I know track season seemed to go well but that's pretty consistent for Atlanta

Kids are working very hard for him for what I hear. My nephew said he likes that he holds everyone to the same high standards. I believe he is building a good culture. Time will tell.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 4:16 PM, Sportsjunkiee said:

@racer55

What's the word out of the Oak?  How many Roughnecks participating in summer workouts?

Well white oak will be a big ? Mark this year. The soft schedule will not be a good gauge to see what they can do this year. I’ve heard that landyn grant the kid that was at WO and ended up Swapping in at qb at Longview is back. He didn’t play football last year though only baseball. Hoping he suits up Friday nights for us. If we could also get reddics brother back 6’4 250 we’d be lookin a lot better. Carter wheats bro is also a sophomore this year on the line. His older brother was bigger but we have high hopes for this youngest one. We have an Owens kid also on the line as a sophomore which is promising too. I believe those two sophomores started last year as freshmen as well. We seem to be losing a kid to baseball again this year though. Man if somehow reddics brother came back we’d probably have the best line we’ve had since 2016 atleast and if grant was the qb we’d be looking pretty competitive. There has been some rumblings here about an OC change so maybe they’ll be switching some stuff up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Well white oak will be a big ? Mark this year. The soft schedule will not be a good gauge to see what they can do this year. I’ve heard that landyn grant the kid that was at WO and ended up Swapping in at qb at Longview is back. He didn’t play football last year though only baseball. Hoping he suits up Friday nights for us. If we could also get reddics brother back 6’4 250 we’d be lookin a lot better. Carter wheats bro is also a sophomore this year on the line. His older brother was bigger but we have high hopes for this youngest one. We have an Owens kid also on the line as a sophomore which is promising too. I believe those two sophomores started last year as freshmen as well. We seem to be losing a kid to baseball again this year though. Man if somehow reddics brother came back we’d probably have the best line we’ve had since 2016 atleast and if grant was the qb we’d be looking pretty competitive. There has been some rumblings here about an OC change so maybe they’ll be switching some stuff up.

That's some interesting stuff.

If what you say about Grant is true then I definitely believe that could be a gamechanger for the Roughnecks.  I believe I read earlier in the year that he played in the Lobo spring game after baseball was over so I'd think he would definitely be playing football at WO.  Grant is a big, mobile kid with a strong arm so I would expect him to be one of the top players in the district.  If you are right, I think WO is in the hunt for a playoff spot since so many teams have question marks due to heavy losses to graduation.

I saw the other day that wr/db Noah Carter got his first offer to Howard Payne and wr/olb Dalton Morgan ran the 110H in the state track meet so the Roughnecks should have some playmakers especially if Grant is back at qb.

Thanks for the input.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

That's some interesting stuff.

If what you say about Grant is true then I definitely believe that could be a gamechanger for the Roughnecks.  I believe I read earlier in the year that he played in the Lobo spring game after baseball was over so I'd think he would definitely be playing football at WO.  Grant is a big, mobile kid with a strong arm so I would expect him to be one of the top players in the district.  If you are right, I think WO is in the hunt for a playoff spot since so many teams have question marks due to heavy losses to graduation.

I saw the other day that wr/db Noah Carter got his first offer to Howard Payne and wr/olb Dalton Morgan ran the 110H in the state track meet so the Roughnecks should have some playmakers especially if Grant is back at qb.

Thanks for the input.

Yea I have a good source that says grant says he’s a roughneck again. It would be good for WO. Morgan imo has a lot of potential. If it were up to me I would have ran him at RB some last year or had some running plays designed around him. He’s a sr this year and has to be one of the swollest high schoolers I’ve seen. Kids jacked right now and supposed to run a 4.3 40. I’d definitely give him the ball sometimes at RB to see what he’s made of, but then again what do I know. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Yea I have a good source that says grant says he’s a roughneck again. It would be good for WO. Morgan imo has a lot of potential. If it were up to me I would have ran him at RB some last year or had some running plays designed around him. He’s a sr this year and has to be one of the swollest high schoolers I’ve seen. Kids jacked right now and supposed to run a 4.3 40. I’d definitely give him the ball sometimes at RB to see what he’s made of, but then again what do I know. 

You know how to blow that horn. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

Grant will be a force at QB for WO. 6 ft 3, 195 lefty with good speed. Kinda athlete u see in 3A that can take a broken play and take it to the house.  Yeah the Jones kid that committed to Texas Tech for baseball not playing football will hurt.  Was good linebacker for sure.  Hope Grant picks basketball back up. Was WO best hoops player in his grade before moving to Longview. Obviously will help the baseball team on the hill and with the bat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snuffy said:

Grant will be a force at QB for WO. 6 ft 3, 195 lefty with good speed. Kinda athlete u see in 3A that can take a broken play and take it to the house.  Yeah the Jones kid that committed to Texas Tech for baseball not playing football will hurt.  Was good linebacker for sure.  Hope Grant picks basketball back up. Was WO best hoops player in his grade before moving to Longview. Obviously will help the baseball team on the hill and with the bat.

Is White Oak playing 7v7? @snuffy @Racer55

55 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

It means y’all lost by 2 TDs. Hope that helps. 

Y’all starting to come out of hidin I see. 

53 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

How good of a thing can it be? They lost to SH. 👀

Y’all making another batch of cupcakes over there? Still rebuilding? 

4 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yep, been rebuilding now for about 7 years, but 7 is the number of completion so y’all better look out. Lol

Lol I ain’t worried about no yard birds this year. Y’all the new choke artists of the district. 😂

4 hours ago, GoLobos said:

DCTF predictions:

1 Gladewater (state #14)

2 Tatum (state #16)

3 Sabine

4 Jefferson

5 Atlanta

6 White Oak

As of now, I would switch Jefferson and Sabine just based on what Jefferson returns and Sabine lost.  I'll just have to wait to see on all the others for now.  I do think White Oak becomes a different team with Grant at QB.  Wonder if the picks would have been different if DCTF had known he was returning to WO?

I do think the gap between the top and bottom of the district will be much smaller than last year.  Should lead to some very interesting district games.  Big edge to whoever can keep their best players healthy, imo.  I don't see any of the teams with much quality depth

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1