2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

7 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

There’s no trans that are pass happy and good at it so we good. 

Unless they have a left guard that plays RB that runs a 4.7 40 time that's agile like Lumbertons RB lol. That was the squishiest, hard nosed, roundest RB I've ever seen lol. Kid got after it. 

13 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Unless they have a left guard that plays RB that runs a 4.7 40 time that's agile like Lumbertons RB lol. That was the squishiest, hard nosed, roundest RB I've ever seen lol. Kid got after it. 

It’s our district to lose. No one has the preseason track record we haD  

Final non-district records with W/L

Atlanta 4-1(Wins - Elysian Fields, Redwater, New Boston, Brook Hill : Losses - Liberty Elyau

Jefferson 3-2(Wins - New Boston, DE Kalb, Hughes Springs : Losses - Timpson, Centerville)

White Oak 3-2(Wins - Harmony, Harleton, Elkhart : Losses - Troup, Brook Hill

Tatum 2-3(Wins - Pittsburg, West Rusk : Losses - Center, Daingerfield, Lumberton)

Gladewater 1-4(Wins - Spring Hill : Losses - Daingerfield, Mount Vernon, Malakoff, Gunter)

Sabine 1-4(Wins - Waskom : Losses - Spring Hill, West Rusk, Mount Vernon, Dallas Episcopal)

Edited by Eagle8

With non-district finished up and the bye week upon us to rest and get healthy before entering district play, how's everybody feel about it? Ahead or behind where you thought you'd be? 

And lastly, what's your prediction on how district finishes?

5 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

With non-district finished up and the bye week upon us to rest and get healthy before entering district play, how's everybody feel about it? Ahead or behind where you thought you'd be? 

2D7C2AC3-C63C-4497-A955-20D9392DC9AB.jpeg

• LOL! 1

24 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Final non-district records with W/L

Atlanta 4-1(Wins - Elysian Fields, Redwater, New Boston, Brook Hill : Losses - Liberty Elyau

Jefferson 3-2(Wins - New Boston, DE Kalb, Hughes Springs : Losses - Timpson, Centerville)

White Oak 3-2(Wins - Harmony, Harleton, Elkhart : Losses - Troup, Brook Hill

Tatum 2-3(Wins - Pittsburg, West Rusk : Losses - Center, Daingerfield, Lumberton)

Gladewater 1-4(Wins - Spring Hill : Losses - Daingerfield, Mount Vernon, Malakoff, Gunter)

Sabine 1-4(Wins - Waskom : Losses - Spring Hill, West Rusk, Mount Vernon, Dallas Episcopal)

Atlanta - lost to the only good UIL team played. Did beat a so so brook hill though. 

Jefferson - two loses against only two good teams they played. 

WO - yea

Tatum - a few mistakes/plays away from being at worst 4-1. 

GW - great defense

Sabine - Sharp giving them the business from a distance. 

The three teams with winning records didn’t beat anyone special. But a win is a win right? 

The three teams with losing records played some competition. 

Should be a fun district race. 

16 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Feel like we probably lost one we should have won and won one we should have lost. I’m trying to forget about the other 3. Stop bringing them up. 

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Tatum 5-0

Atlanta 4-1

Jefferson 3-2

Gladewater 2-3 

Sabine 1-4

White oak. 0-5

Tatum vs Atlanta week 11 for district title. 

Our district goes 2-2 first round of the playoffs. 

All predictions is not including major injuries.  

Gonna be a wild ride.  

Awfully confident with that schedule Atlanta has played. 

Just now, Bclove05 said:

Awfully confident with that schedule Atlanta has played. 

Not the schedule that I based my predictions on. I’ve been watching these groups play since they were in 7th grade. Including the sr class from last year. Also I based it on what our strengths are, compared to what everyone else runs. Just my prediction. Nothing else. 

Guest Tiger03lb

First prediction is,

Tatum

GW/Atl

Atl/GW

Sabine/Jeffy

Other prediction,

If Gw wins in two weeks

could see a 3 way tie between atl/gw/tatum or

gw

tatum

atl

sabine/jeffy

Really don't know how to judge Sabine with their schedule and with however many they got from injuries. 

Jeffy/Sabine game will be a good one, actually there will be a few to be honest. 

I will also say this, our district teams will be way better going into the first round of the playoffs than pre-season scores. Lots of youth this year in district 6. 

I know this is still two years away, but LE will be in our district next count. As long as 7a doesn’t come into affect. If that happens who knows how things shake out. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Really don't know how to judge Sabine with their schedule and with however many they got from injuries. 

Jeffy/Sabine game will be a good one, actually there will be a few to be honest. 

We had 5 out last night.

Fortson was in a boot from a sprained ankle against MV, but I was told he was only held out to get more rest before district. Starting center hurt his knee last week against MV and was on his mmm mmm a scooter. I don’t know the extent of his injury. We have another starter on the oline that’s been out several weeks. He looks like he will be ready for district. Had another kid in a knee brace and another kid out but not sure what’s wrong with him. If I were to guess everyone will be back except the one on the scooter and in a knee brace. 

With that being said I don’t know what kind of confidence these kids have after last night. They played hard until the very end, but I’m sure that loss had to affect them some. We had a couple nice drives but that’s about it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Not the schedule that I based my predictions on. I’ve been watching these groups play since they were in 7th grade. Including the sr class from last year. Also I based it on what our strengths are, compared to what everyone else runs. Just my prediction. Nothing else. 

You guys have been impressive and done what y’all should have against the teams y’all have played. Defense looks good and will keep y’all in games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

You guys have been impressive and done what y’all should have against the teams y’all have played. Defense looks good and will keep y’all in games. 

The biggest thing imo is, we actually have the best coaching staff as a whole since 12-15. Coach Morton has brought in a tough and hard nosed mentality that the kids has bought into. Going 0-10 hurt last year and now these kids are hungry.  If our offense keeps getting better every week we could make some some noise. We have the speed. We did win the 4x1 last year in Austin. Football though was a joke. Lol

7 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

To add to the last statement, last year team would have went 1-4 with the schedule we have this year. Way to many turnovers and PF penalties. 

Right now I'm at

1. Tatum

2. GW/ATL

3. GW/ATL

4. Sabine/Jeffy

5. Sabine/Jeffy

6. White Oak

But it very well could be more wide open than everyone wants to believe. Lots of really good battles coming. Maybe some upsets? Still a lot of unknowns 5 weeks into the season. 

• Like 1

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1