2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

9 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

You schedule them to get better.....Sharp just did Sabine dirty.....but GW assumed they would compete with those teams and get better. Wasn't the case....but you schedule good teams to make you better. When we enter district.....we've seen 2 or 3 QBs better than anything we'll see in district. We've seen defenses better than anything we'll see in district, we've seen offenses better than anything we'll seen in district. Things are about to move a lot slower to our kids. Yall been playing the EFs, Redwaters, New Bostons......none of those are gonna get yall ready for our offense, most offenses in the district. Sabine and Gladewater got their teeth kicked in but it's all about to slow way down for them, too. Watch what I tell ya. 

When you go 0-10 and the program is in shambles, our schedule is exactly what we needed. Redwater was the only cupcake game we should have had. Who knew Ef was gonna be as down as they were. New Boston beat us last year by 35. Le beat us by 35. It was either Brookhill or gilmer. Yeah I’ll play Brookhill. 

Our defense hasn’t been good. I’ll admit that. I can’t blame it all on them though. Our offense has put the defense in some tough situations so far this year. Dallas Episcopal score 21 straight points on an interception and 2 fumbles that all resulted in them getting the ball back in the red zone. Hard to blame the defense for giving up 21 points there. 

Just now, Dadgoat said:

When you go 0-10 and the program is in shambles, our schedule is exactly what we needed. Redwater was the only cupcake game we should have had. Who knew Ef was gonna be as down as they were. New Boston beat us last year by 35. Le beat us by 35. It was either Brookhill or gilmer. Yeah I’ll play Brookhill. 

Fair enough. But it's hard to guage yall on that weak of a schedule. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Redwater beat New Diana 14-7 lol. EF lost to 2A Beckville by 32, New Boston is New Boston. LE is averaging 18 ppg. I'm glad yall have been playing solid defense against weaker teams. The alarming part is yall aren't scoring tons of points against those teams.

Our offense is a 35 point a game offense. Then we play defense. We’re no longer in the spread. Slow the game down. Don’t turn it over. Play good defense. Just like Friday. We had 32 rushes for 314. Threw the ball only 10 times.   Side note it’s kinda nice being done by 915 instead of 1030 or 11. Lol

1 minute ago, Dadgoat said:

Our offense is a 35 point a game offense. Then we play defense. We’re no longer in the spread. Slow the game down. Don’t turn it over. Play good defense. Just like Friday. We had 32 rushes for 314. Threw the ball only 10 times.   Side note it’s kinda nice being done by 915 instead of 1030 or 11. Lol

How many games have y’all score 35 this year?

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

Our defense hasn’t been good. I’ll admit that. I can’t blame it all on them though. Our offense has put the defense in some tough situations so far this year. Dallas Episcopal score 21 straight points on an interception and 2 fumbles that all resulted in them getting the ball back in the red zone. Hard to blame the defense for giving up 21 points there. 

Plus your offense plays at a faster tempo than any team in the district.  Could be an advantage against teams that haven't seen it but your games are also going to have a lot more possessions.  

3 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Y’all have the same problem we’ve had in having a sophomore QB. Both are gonna be good players but they will do sophomore stuff. Only difference is ours is really athletic. 

2 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Atlanta averages 27.6 ppg against a pretty weak schedule. 

Just now, Sportsjunkiee said:

Plus your offense plays at a faster tempo than any team in the district.  Could be an advantage against teams that haven't seen it but your games are also going to have a lot more possessions.  

I agree. Only problem right now is we’re not executing at the level needed for that tempo yet. 

Y’all have the same problem we’ve had in having a sophomore QB. Both are gonna be good players but they will do sophomore stuff. Only difference is ours is really athletic. 

I’d say someone dunking in 8th grade, playing varsity baseball and basketball his freshman year is athletic. Problem with ours right now is he’s rushing through his reads. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sportsjunkiee said:

Sparks is pretty athletic as well and runs hard down hill

He does. His grade and Atlanta sophomore group has had some great games against each other. He’s a tough kid.  Tatum also has a kid that’s a sophomore that is tough but don’t know where he’s playing. Obviously it’s not QB. 

• Like 1

He does. His grade and Atlanta sophomore group has had some great games against each other. He’s a tough kid.  Tatum also has a kid that’s a sophomore that is tough but don’t know where he’s playing. Obviously it’s not QB. 

I believe he is playing qb on jv. 

• Like 1

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1