2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

18 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Who are the top 5 offensive players in this district?

I'll start.  No particular order

Cole Watson - QB - Tatum

Laynce Welch - OL - Tatum

Kollin Lewis - WR - Gladewater

Noah Carter - WR/QB - White Oak

Kamren Williams - RB - Jefferson

Honorable Mention:

Luke McMullen - WR - Jefferson

Colt Sparks - QB - Sabine

Carson Gonzalez - RB/Slot - Tatum

Kameron Dickerson - RB - Atlanta

Stacy Darcy - RB - Atlanta

I agree with this list to a point Welch is overrated.  He gets love because his Dad is his coach. How many offers does he have? The best OL/DL in the District is Fite hands down this young man can play. The McMullen kid can flat out play I was told he was at Rice for an official visit this past weekend.  McMullen could have Offensive Player of the Year numbers.

6 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

I agree with this list to a point Welch is overrated.  He gets love because his Dad is his coach. How many offers does he have? The best OL/DL in the District is Fite hands down this young man can play. The McMullen kid can flat out play I was told he was at Rice for an official visit this past weekend.  McMullen could have Offensive Player of the Year numbers.

Not having offers is not really indicative of high school success. There are a lot Of really good high school players that get no offers. I have watch the Welch kid play and he is a very good lineman. Is he one of the best in the state. I have no idea but in the district he is a  very good player. 

35 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

Watson will be offensive player of the year and it won’t be close. 

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, Eagleborn said:

Watson will be offensive player of the year and it won’t be close. 

I would say MVP of the district. 

4 hours ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

Disagree heavily here. I have seen D1 linemen that were not as good as a high school player as some other high school players in their district who were not D1 caliber.

Edited by Valhalla

6 hours ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

Welch is not overrated. He's worth the billing. Fite is indeed worth the billing as well. Both have been mauling defenders all year. Aint enough syrup in all of Tatum for pancake season this year. 

2 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Don’t have to score much when we’re only giving up 10 a game.  Lol   FYI, we’re averaging 27 a game. With that being said Atlanta wins 27-14 Friday. 

If we had yalls schedule we'd be giving up 10 a game too. Lol

7 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Don’t have to score much when we’re only giving up 10 a game.  Lol   FYI, we’re averaging 27 a game. With that being said Atlanta wins 27-14 Friday. 

I think it will be a good game. We’re better than our record. How good though? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1