2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

13 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Long ways to go. I think everybody but WO has a shot to grace the top 4. Opening week of district next week should give us a better look at things. 

Some them hands got drilled by 2A and  another got pushed to the edge by a 2a.....ain't looking good for some 👀

Probably an unpopular opinion but our district is not very good. Comparing to the top 10 ten teams in the state. Tatum has the most impressive pre season, minus the Daingerfield game. Believe what you want, 5 out of 6 teams is playing for a playoff spot. I still stand strong to my prediction. 

Tatum

Atlanta 

Gladewater

Jefferson

Gladewater fans, Malakoff was huge!!

Gunter, I can’t stand the texas tech style play but that’s what makes them good. 
I truly believe Atlantas team speed and new found physicality, is gonna surprise some people. 
Jefferson, the qb is good. Williams can run. Wr core is not very deep.  Dekalb brought a physical play but couldn’t keep it going for 4 qtrs against the depth. 
Tatum, the qb is Him!!  Defense will get better as the year goes on. The Atlanta game is gonna be a battle. 
Sabine, to much youth and injuries. The next two years will be solid group. 
White oak, I would keep the backup qb in. He’s shifty and the lefty, imo, doesn’t throw very well. 

Thank goodness the bye week is over. Now we all get to play until it’s done for our squads. Good luck to everyone and injury free football. 

7 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but our district is not very good. Comparing to the top 10 ten teams in the state. Tatum has the most impressive pre season, minus the Daingerfield game. Believe what you want, 5 out of 6 teams is playing for a playoff spot. I still stand strong to my prediction. 

Tatum

Atlanta 

Gladewater

Jefferson

Gunter, I can’t stand the texas tech style play but that’s what makes them good. 
I truly believe Atlantas team speed and new found physicality, is gonna surprise some people. 
Jefferson, the qb is good. Williams can run. Wr core is not very deep.  Dekalb brought a physical play but couldn’t keep it going for 4 qtrs against the depth. 
Tatum, the qb is Him!!  Defense will get better as the year goes on. The Atlanta game is gonna be a battle. 
White oak, I would keep the backup qb in. He’s shifty and the lefty, imo, doesn’t throw very well. 

Thank goodness the bye week is over. Now we all get to play until it’s done for our squads. Good luck to everyone and injury free football. 

This is actually a good post. I’m the only one of us high on ATL. 

Going to be interesting seeing how the teams that played down most of the season act when they play where they belong. 

Edited by Eagleborn
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Going to be interesting seeing how the teams that played down most of the season act when they play where they belong. 

I’m with ya on that. I would be worried about Atlanta if we didn’t get pushed by LE and Brookhill.  Le is fast and solid. We should have beat Brookhill by two scores but we got lax in the 3rd qtr. My only concern in us is not putting the game away when we have a chance. Example, 2nd qtr against new Boston we add another score instead of fumbling the game is over before halftime. Then against LE we killed ourself on offense a couple times to let them back in the game before half. Could have went in 10-0 instead we went in 10-7.  Atlanta is definitely still a work in progress. Needless to say we loose against Brookhill in years past. These new coaches always making adjustments though. 

36 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Tatum

Atlanta 

Gladewater

Jefferson

Agree with @Eagleborn that this is pretty accurate assessment.  I wouldn't necessarily count WO out since they do have a couple of weapons on offense but they have given up a lot of points to every team they have played with the exception of Harleton. 

I also agree that this district is not very strong compared to the best teams in 3A DI.  I wouldn't be surprised if district 5-3A goes 3-1 in bi-district with Tatum being the lone winner for 6-3A.

But, I think there will be a lot of competitive games so that should make it fun.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Agree with @Eagleborn that this is pretty accurate assessment.  I wouldn't necessarily count WO out since they do have a couple of weapons on offense but they have given up a lot of points to every team they have played with the exception of Harleton. 

I also agree that this district is not very strong compared to the best teams in 3A DI.  I wouldn't be surprised if district 5-3A goes 3-1 in bi-district with Tatum being the lone winner for 6-3A.

But, I think there will be a lot of competitive games so that should make it fun.  

With district 5, outside of Winnsboro and Mt Vernon, who else is solid though?  

Guest Tiger03lb
6 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

With district 5, outside of Winnsboro and Mt Vernon, who else is solid though?  

Potts

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I think Pottsboro is solid....well coached, physical, winning tradition, score a lot of points.  They are suspect on defense though in my opinion.

I'll agree to this. Potts didn't have to throw the ball vs Minny and was able to run it all night. I was talking to a Potts fan and he said they could throw the ball if they needed too. So imo, Potts can stay in the game with their offense. 

Potts had trouble containing Pendergrass, he was getting at least 4 yds a carry but when Minny threw the ball as far as they could, it was in favor for Potts. 

56 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Tatum

Atlanta 

Gladewater

Jefferson

Doesn’t hurt my feelings at all. You’re pretty spot on. We should get most everyone back Friday. That will help us. I still think we beat a team we shouldn’t to make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I think Tatum is in the mix but Malakoff would be the favorite in my opinion.

We are below the below avg teams to them. We not the same. 

4 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

If Tatum stays Healthy I think we can take this region.

I hope so but Mt Vernon and Malakoff is gonna be a tough match up. One would think though with Mt Vernon running heavy wildcat, that the young man is gonna take a beating. Idk. Gonna be interesting. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Dadgoat said:

I hope so but Mt Vernon and Malakoff is gonna be a tough match up. One would think though with Mt Vernon running heavy wildcat, that the young man is gonna take a beating. Idk. Gonna be interesting. 

Gotta throw in West. I think some people are forgetting about them. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

We are below the below avg teams to them. We not the same. 

You're just Nick Jr. and need female cosmetics any time somebody questions against your word. The only reason I even say it. 

We're just happy to be in the conversation this year..... didn't expect to be. Nice to have a staff that's gonna put in the work to create a program. Very, very talented group of coaches leading these boys. 

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

I've had Atl high everywhere but the message board. I like messing with them. However, I do worry their offense could get them in a bind. Jeffy however....I stand by my words.......not very good. 

• Like 1

Who are the top 5 offensive players in this district?

I'll start.  No particular order

Cole Watson - QB - Tatum

Laynce Welch - OL - Tatum

Kollin Lewis - WR - Gladewater

Noah Carter - WR/QB - White Oak

Kamren Williams - RB - Jefferson

Honorable Mention:

Luke McMullen - WR - Jefferson

Colt Sparks - QB - Sabine

Carson Gonzalez - RB/Slot - Tatum

Kameron Dickerson - RB - Atlanta

Stacy Darcy - RB - Atlanta