2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

3 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

If Tatum can stop gladejuice for about 4-5 drives and score Tatum will win convincingly. The biggest test is stopping Gladewater's offense. It isn't as explosive as what Tatum has seen in preseason which is helpful. I think this game will be a test of Gladewater's offense vs Tatum's defense. 

Wouldn’t Tatum want to do what everyone else did this season and just let the GW offense stop itself?

15 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Can't ever count them out. It'll be some magic I'm sure that will happen. I'll be watching from my recliner with a few cold ones. I wonder what my drink of choice will be on Friday. 

Of course there will be magic. It’s their SUPERBOWL. 

7 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Just the numbers so far. 70DBAD14-C2E7-441B-8479-9A2BBEC69B3F.jpeg

Solid stuff. Let’s finish painting this picture.

SOS according to the computers. 

Gladewater 21.0

Tatum 17.1

Sabine 17.0

Jefferson 9.1

Atlanta -0.1

White Oak -3.6

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Solid stuff. Let’s finish painting this picture.

SOS according to the computers. 

Gladewater 21.0

Tatum 17.1

Sabine 17.0

Jefferson 9.1

Atlanta -0.1

White Oak -3.6

Like I’ve said before, Tatum has had the most impressive pre season. Just because someone sos rankings is a number doesn’t mean anything. You still have to look at the game itself.  Gladwater has played 3 really good teams with a combined score of 173-28. Now if it was 115-98, with the same record, I would be more to believe that they are better than what their record is.  Gladwater is not the same Gladwater that we have seen over the last ten years. 

3 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Maybe so, but film don’t lie!!       
Please tell me this though. Would Gladwater team 12,13,14 team got beat like that? What about 20 and 21?   I’ll answer it for you, hell no. Lol

The 12 and 13 teams for sure. Maybe even the 14 team. They didn’t catch fire till late. 

11 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Like I’ve said before, Tatum has had the most impressive pre season. Just because someone sos rankings is a number doesn’t mean anything. You still have to look at the game itself.  Gladwater has played 3 really good teams with a combined score of 173-28. Now if it was 115-98, with the same record, I would be more to believe that they are better than what their record is.  Gladwater is not the same Gladwater that we have seen over the last ten years. 

Let’s Uno reverse card this real quick. Just by going off of what you said about GW…. Shouldn’t Atlanta’s wins be more impressive? 

16 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Let’s Uno reverse card this real quick. Just by going off of what you said about GW…. Shouldn’t Atlanta’s wins be more impressive? 

Absolutely they should, per my Atlanta standards!! I could break down every game and show you where we should have scored at least two more touchdowns per game.   Although, the realist that I am, I also understand coming off an 0-10 season. Program has been in shambles since the 18 season. Being 4-1 at this point is highly impressive. We also have a sophomore qb, sophomore center, freshman LG, two out of 4 sophomore rb, freshman receiver. Offensively there has been some growing pains.  Luckily we’ve had some great leadership from our seniors to get us where we are at. Which last year was not good. If we even make the playoffs, Tyler Morton, should be named district coach of the year. The kids has really bought into what he is preaching. I can promise everyone this, that in two years nobody will want the smoke from Atlanta. If Coach Morton is still here. 

Edited by Dadgoat

3 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Absolutely they should, per Atlanta standards!! I could break down every game and show you where we should have scored at least two more touchdowns per game

Hell, we can all do that. We shoulda scored 70 on Pitt. We fumbled inside the 10 three times and lost it. One was a 95 yard scoop and score for them. 

Edited by Eagle8

2 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Absolutely they should, per my Atlanta standards!! I could break down every game and show you where we should have scored at least two more touchdowns per game.   Although, the realist that I am, I also understand coming off an 0-10 season. Program has been in shambles since the 18 season. Being 4-1 at this point is highly impressive. We also have a sophomore qb, sophomore center, freshman LG, two out of 4 sophomore rb, freshman receiver. Offensively there has been some growing pains with our offense. Luckily we’ve had some great leadership from our seniors to get us where we are at. Which last year was not good. If we even make the playoffs, Tyler Morton, should be named district coach of the year. The kids has really bought into what he is seeing. I can promise everyone this, that in two years nobody will want the smoke from Atlanta. If Coach Morton is still here. 

Whoever made y’all’s preseason schedule should be named coach of the year. Lol

I understand the youth part. We lost 29 srs. Running new systems with sophomores and jrs all over the place. 

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Hell, we can all do that. We shoulda scored 70 on Pitt. We fumbled inside the 10 three times and lost it. One was a 95 yard scoop and score for them. 

Oh I’ll play. Should of scored 65 on Center, 55 on DF, 70 on Pitt, 190 on lil Nicole, 60 on Lumberton lol

• LOL! 1

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Oh I’ll play. Should of scored 65 on Center, 55 on DF, 70 on Pitt, 190 on lil Nicole, 60 on Lumberton lol

But y’all didn’t and we didn’t. Atlanta and Tatum both is learning new schemes. Only difference coaching staff brought an all world qb with them. 

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1