2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

On another note, how sloppy will the first qtrs be since everybody is on a bye this past week? 

Non district conversation: 

how much will gilmer be affected by having two weeks off before facing pg?  I personally think pg is a little overrated this year. 

Edited by Dadgoat

2 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

On another note, how sloppy will the first qtrs be since everybody is on a bye this past week? 

Non district conversation: 

how much will gilmer be affected by having two weeks off before facing pg?  I personally think pg is a little overrated this year. 

Well we didn’t give up 40 points last week so we got that going for us. 

7 hours ago, Dadgoat said:

Maybe so, but film don’t lie!!       
Please tell me this though. Would Gladwater team 12,13,14 team got beat like that? What about 20 and 21?   I’ll answer it for you, hell no. Lol

'20 & '14 definitely but the others I wouldn't bet on against this year's non-district. The '13 team was my favorite. They never should have made the playoffs much less go 4 rounds deep. They were definitely overachievers. That being said they wouldn't have beaten the teams in this year's non-district.

Edited by Golfingnut

3 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

'20 & '14 definitely but the others I wouldn't bet on against this year's non-district. The '13 team was my favorite. They never should have made the playoffs much less go 4 rounds deep. They were definitely overachievers. That being said they wouldn't have beaten the teams in this year's non-district.

‘20 was a fun year 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Never said beat. The score wouldn’t have been nearly as bad. That 14 team for gladwater was special. 

13 minutes ago, Witb107 said:

Winnsboro would crush Gladewater. I know that's the matchup they are hoping for. Pottsboro vs Winny will determine the district rankings tomorrow. 

Yeah but, if MV qb didn’t get hurt, would winny beat MV like that? Winny did give up 28 to new Boston. Not saying winny won’t beat Gladwater, but crush? 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Yeah but, if MV qb didn’t get hurt, would winny beat MV like that? Winny did give up 28 to new Boston. Not saying winny won’t beat Gladwater, but crush? 

I'll agree with that Winny not crushing GW. MV isn't the same team that Winny faced as GW did with Bennett. 

1 hour ago, Dadgoat said:

It would have been a better game, at that point it could have gone either way. 

Winny doesn’t have the same defense they did preseason, they have truly stepped it up a notch. 

GW is struggling to even get points on the board and win some football games. It’s possible they don’t even make playoffs. Put them against Winny and they would get dominated. They aren’t the same team they used to be. 

33 minutes ago, Witb107 said:

It would have been a better game, at that point it could have gone either way. 

Winny doesn’t have the same defense they did preseason, they have truly stepped it up a notch. 

GW is struggling to even get points on the board and win some football games. It’s possible they don’t even make playoffs. Put them against Winny and they would get dominated. They aren’t the same team they used to be. 

I guess we will see about the “not make the playoffs”. We got set back by attempting to change offenses but we have some very winnable games coming up.  Even when we were the “same team” I don’t remember throwing out that we would crush Winnsboro but I guess it will all work itself out. There’s still a lot of football to be played. 

24 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Why would you think we would want Winnsboro?

Winny wants to play GW, not the other way around. 

As said, lots of football left to play. GW has a chance to turn it around and Winny still has to fight for a district championship. Just want everyone on all sides to stay healthy, way too many injuries going around this year. 

15 minutes ago, Witb107 said:

Winny wants to play GW, not the other way around. 

As said, lots of football left to play. GW has a chance to turn it around and Winny still has to fight for a district championship. Just want everyone on all sides to stay healthy, way too many injuries going around this year. 

Why do y’all want GW? Bitter about them sending y’all home in the playoffs or something?

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1