2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

5 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Y’all have said that every time you get a new coach. The streak runs back to 2009 😊. Come at me violent 🤣

Were any of those named Keeling? Or did any of those have a Keeling-like track record? We're always quite loaded with athletes, you know it. Keeling will give folks hell with them once he gets his system implemented. 

What I woulda gave for Keeling to have had Williams, Damien Smith, Tot, Boyd, Malone, and all those cats the last few years. Man.....#2 Williams from last year woulda ran for 2k as a pitchman lol. Tot and Williams as pitchmen the year before? Oooof

Oh what could have been. But it's coming. In a couple years, flashes of Tatum from the 90's and early 2000s. 

4 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

One has to ask. Is it a coaching issue or player/parent issue?

To have a couple teams that loaded and not do squat......it was something......but we got our guy and staff now. It's time to kick back and let them work. 

24 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Were any of those named Keeling? Or did any of those have a Keeling-like track record? We're always quite loaded with athletes, you know it. Keeling will give folks hell with them once he gets his system implemented. 

What I woulda gave for Keeling to have had Williams, Damien Smith, Tot, Boyd, Malone, and all those cats the last few years. Man.....#2 Williams from last year woulda ran for 2k as a pitchman lol. Tot and Williams as pitchmen the year before? Oooof

Oh what could have been. But it's coming. In a couple years, flashes of Tatum from the 90's and early 2000s. 

Eh Keeling 👀 we will see. Yalls kids haven’t  been too fond of lining up and busting heads so we will see if his style works there. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

Eh Keeling 👀 we will see. Yalls kids haven’t  been too fond of lining up and busting heads so we will see if his style works there. 

Good thing we graduated 26 then, new group, new system, new mentality. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

No offense to anyone else but, in my opinion, Gladewater was the most physical team in the district last year and I don't see that part changing.  To me, that's what gives them the edge in the district despite the talent level at Tatum and Jefferson being comparable to Gladewater.

2 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

No offense to anyone else but, in my opinion, Gladewater was the most physical team in the district last year and I don't see that part changing.  To me, that's what gives them the edge in the district despite the talent level at Tatum and Jefferson being comparable to Gladewater.

Gladewater beat us because of 1 dude last year and physicality didn't have nothing to do with it lol. DJ Allen's speed and scrambling ability at QB was the difference. Well, that and our defensive coaches wouldn't get out of 12 yard cushions and they literally 8 hard hitched us to death. Still blows my mind that we didnt press lol. Blew everybody's mind there....even Gladewater's lol. Hell, I woulda kept doing what they were doing as well since we weren't adjusting. But they weren't any more physical than anyone else we played. Honestly, I dunno if it was their coach's pre-game speech lol or if they just wanted us bad but Atlanta probably played us more physical than the other 10 on the schedule. That game ended up be a slobber knocker for 4 quarters. 

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Gladewater beat us because of 1 dude last year and physicality didn't have nothing to do with it lol. DJ Allen's speed and scrambling ability at QB was the difference. Well, that and our defensive coaches wouldn't get out of 12 yard cushions and they literally 8 hard hitched us to death. Still blows my mind that we didnt press lol. Blew everybody's mind there....even Gladewater's lol. Hell, I woulda kept doing what they were doing as well since we weren't adjusting. But they weren't any more physical than anyone else we played. Honestly, I dunno if it was their coach's pre-game speech lol or if they just wanted us bad but Atlanta probably played us more physical than the other 10 on the schedule. That game ended up be a slobber knocker for 4 quarters. 

Atlanta was definitely very aggressive on defense and I would agree they were also physical.  I'd still give Gladewater the physicality edge based on not only their defense but also their offensive line.

To each his own, I guess

Well I’m not sure keeling is a miracle worker.  But I will say that Waskom wasn’t always the most talented team but they always and I mean always had a great plan and won more games than they should have. That’s for sure. Ef had better talent many times and lost 

37 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

Well I’m not sure keeling is a miracle worker.  But I will say that Waskom wasn’t always the most talented team but they always and I mean always had a great plan and won more games than they should have. That’s for sure. Ef had better talent many times and lost 

Keeling and his staff's attention to detail and fundamentals is 2nd to none. It's what makes him the coach that he is and his staff as incredible as they are. That and getting everything out of a player that they can give. It'll make a mediocre team compete.....but when pure athletes cross paths with their attention to fundamentals and his ability to get all a player can give......steam roller. Keeling scored 780 points in 15 games last year. His first state title year he scored 789......in an offense that was created to bridge the gap between non-athletic teams and powerhouses by slowing down the pace and using gimic to confuse defenses. But when stud athletes run the flex....so many opportunities for a homerun play. Can't wait to see what he does in Tatum. 

10 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Keeling and his staff's attention to detail and fundamentals is 2nd to none. It's what makes him the coach that he is and his staff as incredible as they are. That and getting everything out of a player that they can give. It'll make a mediocre team compete.....but when pure athletes cross paths with their attention to fundamentals and his ability to get all a player can give......steam roller. Keeling scored 780 points in 15 games last year. His first state title year he scored 789......in an offense that was created to bridge the gap between non-athletic teams and powerhouses by slowing down the pace and using gimic to confuse defenses. But when stud athletes run the flex....so many opportunities for a homerun play. Can't wait to see what he does in Tatum. 

Let’s just see if y’all can keep him for more than a year or 2 before we start hanging banners and renaming streets 🤣🤣🤣

Guest Tiger03lb
11 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I think the tougher challenge will be when basketball season nears. Getting the kids to keep focusing on football than basketball ball. You guys are a basketball school right? 

3 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I think the tougher challenge will be when basketball season nears. Getting the kids to keep focusing on football than basketball ball. You guys are a basketball school right? 

We lost 3 football games by a total of 3 points last year. Not bad for a basketball school. 😂

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

We lost 3 football games by a total of 3 points last year. Not bad for a basketball school. 😂

We made it two rounds further and we are a baseball school. 😆

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

That’s awesome. 😂

The best 🤣

Where's the third member of the trio at? Haven't seen him in a while. 

6 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

This class that just graduated pretty much had all the basketball kids except for Jordan Chambers that played varsity as a freshman at 6'4. 6'4 Hill should be solid next year as well. And coach Bradley's son was Newcomer of the Year last year as a freshman in Cayuga. The whole Varsity has graduated basically.....a lot of holes to fill. But I doubt Keeling struggles to keep them focused on football either way. 

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1