2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

Atlanta

Gladewater

Jefferson

Sabine

Tatum

White Oak

Overall, I think Jefferson is the only team that will be stronger in 2022.  Gladewater, Sabine, Tatum, and White Oak all graduated a lot so I see all 4 not being as good as last year.  As far as Atlanta, too many question marks for me to have an opinion on them.  I don't see them going 0-10 again mainly because of their schedule.

Just my initial, early thoughts.  What say you? 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

I think it's any teams chance to win it this year. If I had to pick a favorite, Tatum. 

Guest Tiger03lb
9 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Nobody asked you 🤦‍♂️

just don't beat us to bad. We gotta look like we soft for district. 😆

Guest Tiger03lb
8 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I just hope we make it to district alive. 

That non district schedule is brutal. I thought we had a hard one last go around. You guys swung for the fences. Lol. Good luck. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

That non district schedule is brutal. I thought we had a hard one last go around. You guys swung for the fences. Lol. Good luck. 

Sharp said I’m out of here let’s have a little fun before I go 😂 

11 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Atlanta

Gladewater

Jefferson

Sabine

Tatum

White Oak

Overall, I think Jefferson is the only team that will be stronger in 2022.  Gladewater, Sabine, Tatum, and White Oak all graduated a lot so I see all 4 not being as good as last year.  As far as Atlanta, too many question marks for me to have an opinion on them.  I don't see them going 0-10 again mainly because of their schedule.

Just my initial, early thoughts.  What say you? 

Man it was too dang early for me to read this initially I thought you had the teams in order of how you thought they would finish District. I was about to call a rehab center for you. 

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I agree for now about your top 3 but not sure I would put them in that order. 4, 5, and 6 are hard for me to pick right now. 

Agreed on both parts. I’d make Gladewater and Tatum interchangeable at the top 2. For this year. I think Tatum is about to be elite. Not sure about his first year though. I think Jefferson is right below those 2. Sabine graduated a lot, but the program is in good shape. I don’t think White Oak will be bad by any means, I just think Atlanta will be better. 

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Man it was too dang early for me to read this initially I thought you had the teams in order of how you thought they would finish District. I was about to call a rehab center for you. 

Lol......holding out on my picks until I find out a little more about each team.  Lots of question marks this year for me.  Jefferson was really young last year so I think they will be much better if they can improve their OL play.  Really interested to see how Morton does at Atlanta.  I think there was a bigger gap between the top and bottom teams last year so district should be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Lol......holding out on my picks until I find out a little more about each team.  Lots of question marks this year for me.  Jefferson was really young last year so I think they will be much better if they can improve their OL play.  Really interested to see how Morton does at Atlanta.  I think there was a bigger gap between the top and bottom teams last year so district should be interesting.

I said at the conclusion of last season that I thought Jeffy could be a team to watch out for this coming season. 

53 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

They got all the engineering reports back. I heard straight from our superintendent last Monday that he is ready to move forward with the project. 

I don't know much about the process but it seems to me that it will be cutting it close to have it installed by the start of the season.  Will be nice when it's in though

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1