2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

On 5/26/2022 at 2:15 PM, Sportsjunkiee said:

I don't know much about the process but it seems to me that it will be cutting it close to have it installed by the start of the season.  Will be nice when it's in though

Another factor to consider - are there any seating updates in the plan?  They could get the playing surface ready but not have seats ready for fans.

22 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Another factor to consider - are there any seating updates in the plan?  They could get the playing surface ready but not have seats ready for fans.

Not doing anything to the seats yet. 

On 5/26/2022 at 2:15 PM, Sportsjunkiee said:

I don't know much about the process but it seems to me that it will be cutting it close to have it installed by the start of the season.  Will be nice when it's in though

It took about 12 weeks from start to finish at the school I work at.

• Like 1

Don’t know a lot about this dist but I’m going to start keeping up. We have scrm or played Jefferson forever. I think they will be pretty salty. This is my prediction if I’m correct Atlanta tatum Sabine all got new head coaches? so that goes into my prediction I think the Favorite always has to be Gladewater. 

Gladewater-just because

Atlanta speed to burn 

Tatum keeling

Sabine a lot better the last few years 

Jefferson- could be 2-5 not real sure just yet 

White oak is a team that always beats someone they shouldn’t 

20 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

Don’t know a lot about this dist but I’m going to start keeping up. We have scrm or played Jefferson forever. I think they will be pretty salty. This is my prediction if I’m correct Atlanta tatum Sabine all got new head coaches? so that goes into my prediction I think the Favorite always has to be Gladewater. 

Gladewater-just because

Atlanta speed to burn 

Tatum keeling

Sabine a lot better the last few years 

Jefferson- could be 2-5 not real sure just yet 

White oak is a team that always beats someone they shouldn’t 

"Always has to be Gladewater"? I feel pretty certain that Tatum has a better track record of the last 20 years than Gladewater. 

12 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

"Always has to be Gladewater"? I feel pretty certain that Tatum has a better track record of the last 20 years than Gladewater. 

Tatum hasn't beat us since around 09 but I do think it's a toss up to who wins this district.  

2 hours ago, Ijustwatch said:

09. That’s a long time. Like I said earlier Gladewater is the Team to beat. 

I would say that of the top teams we have more consistency this year. With Tatum and Sabine both switching head coaches it may take them a bit to get going. Tatum had a good hire (don’t know much about Sabine’s hire) but it could take some time for the kids to get a good grasp on the new system. I would give GW the edge going into the season with Tatum being there too.  Jefferson has a phenomenal player coming back on offense but we absolutely shredded their defense so if that doesn’t change they will have a hard time taking district.  Should be an interesting year. 

I think I saw that Coach Castles had gone from Gladewater to Beckville.  I thought he had Gladewater playing really good defense during district so losing him could be a factor.  I also thought his son played well at linebacker as a sophomore so he'll be a loss as well.  IMO, Gladewater was the most physical team in the district last year and I don't expect that to change.  

Any of you GW guys know what position Kollin Lewis will play? I know he is a very good receiver but I was thinking they may use him at QB like they did DJ.  I know Maddox is a good receiver and the big fullback returns.  Will GW have a break-a-way runner at running back?

5 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I think I saw that Coach Castles had gone from Gladewater to Beckville.  I thought he had Gladewater playing really good defense during district so losing him could be a factor.  I also thought his son played well at linebacker as a sophomore so he'll be a loss as well.  IMO, Gladewater was the most physical team in the district last year and I don't expect that to change.  

Any of you GW guys know what position Kollin Lewis will play? I know he is a very good receiver but I was thinking they may use him at QB like they did DJ.  I know Maddox is a good receiver and the big fullback returns.  Will GW have a break-a-way runner at running back?

Wilson will be the qb. Lewis will play wr. We will have some good backs but I don't know if we have a homerun hitter 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Dang Castles & his son going to Beckville is a nice pickup for Beckville.  They have a good group coming back from a Regional Finalist team in 2021.  One player with size and football IQ can make a huge difference at that level on both sides of the ball.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

What are Wilson's strengths?

From the limited amount of time I saw him last year I would say he is very mobile, athletic, and throws the ball well on the intermediate routes. Early in the season he struggled making the deep throws which is why DJ ended up taking over. In the playoffs against Grandview he made some nice deep throws to DJ and Kollin so he seemed to make progress from the beginning of the year to the end. I still wonder how well he would have done last year if they had just been patient with him. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

From the limited amount of time I saw him last year I would say he is very mobile, athletic, and throws the ball well on the intermediate routes. Early in the season he struggled making the deep throws which is why DJ ended up taking over. In the playoffs against Grandview he made some nice deep throws to DJ and Kollin so he seemed to make progress from the beginning of the year to the end. I still wonder how well he would have done last year if they had just been patient with him. 

Who's taking over at DC?

Guest Tiger03lb
43 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

All I’ve heard is that it is a coach that Johnny is excited about having 🤷‍♂️  Hopefully it is the coach whose son wanted to transfer to Gunter 😂👀🙈

I would be to this being it is this late to get one 😆

So, I think I saw a while back that Atlanta lost their RB that was returning.  Maybe the son of a coach that left?  Don't remember for sure.  Is Dickerson still there?  I didn't see his name during track season.  I know Atlanta had some good relays during track season so I would assume these guys also play football.  

Does Atlanta return any skill kids from last season?  I just have no idea what to expect from the Rabbits

I’m very interested on seeing how this next season plays out. We’re going to be young and inexperienced, so I fully expect we’re going to struggle some. The level of competition is tough, but we will be better from it in the long run. Now we just need to get this turf started so we’re not playing all our games away this season.  

14 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

So, I think I saw a while back that Atlanta lost their RB that was returning.  Maybe the son of a coach that left?  Don't remember for sure.  Is Dickerson still there?  I didn't see his name during track season.  I know Atlanta had some good relays during track season so I would assume these guys also play football.  

Does Atlanta return any skill kids from last season?  I just have no idea what to expect from the Rabbits

The RB that you asked about has already added his name to the roster of his new team on MaxPreps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

I’m very interested on seeing how this next season plays out. We’re going to be young and inexperienced, so I fully expect we’re going to struggle some. The level of competition is tough, but we will be better from it in the long run. Now we just need to get this turf started so we’re not playing all our games away this season.  

I think Sabine will be solid but I just don't see an explosive offensive player for them.  Lack of speed is not uncommon for the Cardinals but they usually have had at least 1 guy (Burns last year) who had big play potential.  I would guess the new coach will open up the offense more than Sharp did so that may help with big play potential.  @Bclove05 besides Sparks, who do you see as the offensive playmakers for Sabine?

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1