2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

6 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I think Sabine will be solid but I just don't see an explosive offensive player for them.  Lack of speed is not uncommon for the Cardinals but they usually have had at least 1 guy (Burns last year) who had big play potential.  I would guess the new coach will open up the offense more than Sharp did so that may help with big play potential.  @Bclove05 besides Sparks, who do you see as the offensive playmakers for Sabine?

I don't even know what kind of offense we are going to run to know who will contribute where. Fortson is the easy answer for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Keeling leaving Tatum already?

Tried to give the Gladewater guys plenty of time to ask but things are a little slow in the summer...LOL

No they usually keep their coaches at least one year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Sabine had 146 boys out for the first week of summer workouts. I’d be interested in knowing how that compares to previous years. There were 103 girls as well. These numbers are 7th-12th grade. 

Those seem like very high numbers.  Be interesting to hear numbers from the other district teams if anyone knows.

7 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Sabine had 146 boys out for the first week of summer workouts. I’d be interested in knowing how that compares to previous years. There were 103 girls as well. These numbers are 7th-12th grade. 

Maybe some Dads and Uncle Rico mixed in there too?  😂

22 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

We had 53 come out. We may drop to 6 man so we can get that title. 

23 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

Atlanta I believe had 65 out for high school and about 70+ 7th-8th.

Those seem like solid numbers especially in jh.  What is your take on Morton and his staff at this point?  Do the players seem to be buying into their culture?  I know track season seemed to go well but that's pretty consistent for Atlanta

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1