2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

1 hour ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I saw earlier this summer that Jayme Bradley was hired to coach at Tatum.  Man, that guy could shoot the 3 back in his days at Tatum.  I think his son is going to be a sophomore at Tatum and was Newcomer of the Year in basketball last year at Cayuga.

Any of you Tatum guys know if he plays football as well?  I don't think his dad played football but I could be wrong

Yes, he'll be playing football. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

You think he will start? 👀

Would love to see him at guard beside Laynce Welch, the big center that came from Waskom. Two monsters side by side blowing out holes. Welch is a hoss, too.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Would love to see him at guard beside Laynce Welch, the big center that came from Waskom. Two monsters side by side blowing out holes. Welch is a hoss, too.

I see him being more of a tackle than a guard, jmo

3 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I see him being more of a tackle than a guard, jmo

He's played a little of both. He's pretty quick for a big fella and pulls well which is the main reason I'd like to see him at guard. As long as he's up there. We return I think 3 OL that started at some point last year so we might be a little better on offense that I had initially thought. But, learning the system of the flexbone won't be an easy task. We'll see how it goes. 

9 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

He's played a little of both. He's pretty quick for a big fella and pulls well which is the main reason I'd like to see him at guard. As long as he's up there. We return I think 3 OL that started at some point last year so we might be a little better on offense that I had initially thought. But, learning the system of the flexbone won't be an easy task. We'll see how it goes. 

Will Tatum be running that this year? Entirely under center?

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Will Tatum be running that this year? Entirely under center?

Yessir, 100% flexbone. With this cat at QB running it for us.

Cole Watson

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/34700/61f1840cda50ee0b90b521a4

We bring back Norris for a scat back and have a few solid RBs moving up from JV as well. This offense is dangerous with athletes......we always have athletes. 

6 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

Good lord that kid is huge. Does others schools in the district have kids that look like ? 

Lol, often. We got 5'8 200 lb kid that plays on the o-line that squats 500+, Fite, the kid you're talking about squats like 580. And the Welch kid squats 600. Keeling has some sled killers to work with up front. 

14 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

Good lord that kid is huge. Does others schools in the district have kids that look like ? 

Our defensive front last year was 6'5 220(CJ's older brother that is at SMU), 6'2 290, 6'2 220)

Guest Tiger03lb
21 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol, often. We got 5'8 200 lb kid that plays on the o-line that squats 500+, Fite, the kid you're talking about squats like 580. And the Welch kid squats 600. Keeling has some sled killers to work with up front. 

16 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Our defensive front last year was 6'5 220(CJ's older brother that is at SMU), 6'2 290, 6'2 220)

Those sled killers got you guys how far last year? 

Yeah it's nice to have size but size isn't everything. 

56 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Those sled killers got you guys how far last year? 

Yeah it's nice to have size but size isn't everything. 

Didn't say size was everything. He asked if the district had a lot of big guys like that. I answered. What's your beef? We lost 3 games last year all by 1 point. And yes we severely underachieved. We have the correct coaching staff in place now. Time to sit back and watch Keeling, Welch, Kubiak, and Co. build back better. In a few years Tatum will finally be back on the map. We are all aware we have severely underachieved for several years now. The Sup and Board got it right this time......We'll be back in bidness before you know it. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Hopefully you can petition to transfer some of those points to this year's game. 

Might just petition for Center to just keep being Center. That'll do the trick. 

• Like 1

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1