2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

5 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

True that. I expect Atlanta to be back in the mix this year. 

We will see. Watched the scrimmage Friday. I definitely like this coach's approach. Very hands on and in the field. Very defensive minded. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Hey, be careful. You meant can’t go down any further but y’all could always …

^-^-^—————- (BEEEEP)

FLATLINE

Yeah but the trend has to take an upturn at some point, even accidentally. Heck, we didn't lose Friday night, so that's a positive. 

Guest Tiger03lb
9 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

The offense won’t be the concern. Fite doesn’t play all 11 positions on defense and they didn’t bring back much else. They can run that offense to perfection and still manage to lose a game if they can’t stop anyone. We are in the same boat. We will have a lot to replace on the defensive side. If we can field a decent defense we should be competitive. 

This district will be very interesting and entertaining this season, more so than the past seasons. 

7 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Not going to get to attend all the games like usual due to a different job but still excited to see how the Bears turn out this year. I think we will perform better then expected. 

You disappoint me. You better be making the big bucks!  I hope you are right about the Bears!

• LOL! 1

New turf completed at Jefferson ISD stadium

•  
  •  

JEFFERSON — Jefferson ISD football fans soon will get to see the newly turfed field and other updates at W.F. Lockett Bulldog Stadium.

Jefferson ISD Superintendent Rob Barnwell said the new turf at the stadium is complete, and the other updates are coming along.

The $4 million project at the stadium, which is at 1199 N. Cass St. in Jefferson, includes a host of updates.

“We are updating the press box, stadium lighting, fencing, re-turfing the field and installing a new parking lot,” Barnwell said. “We had a lot of drainage issues on the playing surface, and it was going to cost a significant amount of money to address it even if we left it as natural grass. We believe it was past due regarding the timing of upgrading the field, so we thought it would be best to go ahead and install artificial turf.”

The parking lot area is completely repaved at this time and awaiting painting.

Barnwell said the drainage issue wasn’t the only pressing issue on the stadium update list.

“The other areas we are addressing were in serious need too,” he said.

Barnwell said while the turf work is completed and the parking lot is awaiting painting, the new ornamental fencing is still in progress and the lighting is still waiting to be shipped.

“The rest of the work is expected to be done by mid- to late August,” he said.

Barnwell said a bond referendum was not needed for the work as the district will use money from its excess general fund.

This past year, the stadium received a new $36,000 scoreboard thanks to a donation from Lee Haggard of Riverside Bank.

12 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

•  
  •  

JEFFERSON — Jefferson ISD football fans soon will get to see the newly turfed field and other updates at W.F. Lockett Bulldog Stadium.

Jefferson ISD Superintendent Rob Barnwell said the new turf at the stadium is complete, and the other updates are coming along.

The $4 million project at the stadium, which is at 1199 N. Cass St. in Jefferson, includes a host of updates.

“We are updating the press box, stadium lighting, fencing, re-turfing the field and installing a new parking lot,” Barnwell said. “We had a lot of drainage issues on the playing surface, and it was going to cost a significant amount of money to address it even if we left it as natural grass. We believe it was past due regarding the timing of upgrading the field, so we thought it would be best to go ahead and install artificial turf.”

Barnwell said the drainage issue wasn’t the only pressing issue on the stadium update list.

Barnwell said while the turf work is completed and the parking lot is awaiting painting, the new ornamental fencing is still in progress and the lighting is still waiting to be shipped.

Barnwell said a bond referendum was not needed for the work as the district will use money from its excess general fund.

This past year, the stadium received a new $36,000 scoreboard thanks to a donation from Lee Haggard of Riverside Bank.

Very nice!  Congrats!

Guest Tiger03lb
17 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

•  
  •  

Congratulations. Very nice! 

49 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If they ever replace their grass, it will be with water. They need a practice “field” for their fishing team. 

Man they excavate that field and put in a practice tank for them kids and that fishing team will dominate !

3 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If they ever replace their grass, it will be with water. They need a practice “field” for their fishing team. 

Probably gonna have to turn the water off at some point with this drought. Townsfolk are wondering why they shouldn’t water their lawns and the school constantly waters the field. Without rain if someone gets tackled it may stir up a literal cloud of dust lol. I like the grass I just want one of those Jumbotrons next. Turf burns and is too slippery for me. 

14 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

•  
  •  

Wooo Jeffy needed this big time. 

I don't really have a problem with grass. White Oak's field isn't that bad. Our field had good drainage so it wasn't bad either, not that I don't appreciate the turf. Jefferson's though, man. I can remember seeing lakes on each side of the field right behind the sidelines. Players took a ferry to get from the track to the field. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

@H3llR4z0r How did the Rabbs look in the intrasquad scrimmage on Saturday?  

Well, one positive, I don't think we will average 2+ interceptions a game this season. Whether it be because the QB looks better, or just because our coach is big on pounding the ball, I don't really care! 

But to answer your question, they did look better than last year. The feel of the team was better in general. I like this coach's hands on approach. He's not afraid to get down with the kids. Lots of young coaches on this staff, and I really think that's what Atlanta needs to get out of this slump for sure. A bunch of young, go-getters. 

I do think Atlanta is in a little bit of a talent slump this year, but even still, they should be able to compete and put some W's up to give us something to build off of. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I don't really have a problem with grass. White Oak's field isn't that bad. Our field had good drainage so it wasn't bad either, not that I don't appreciate the turf. Jefferson's though, man. I can remember seeing lakes on each side of the field right behind the sidelines. Players took a ferry to get from the track to the field. 

They didn’t even have a track when I played there. 

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1