2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

7 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I see what you did there. 

Had to crack a joke to start the day!  In all seriousness, this quote summarizes my pessimistic position on offense going into Thurs.  

“We’ve still got a lot of work to do on offense,” Joslin said. “The main thing is keying on different fronts, handling those situations when they come up and just executing. We struggled with that last night.”

Yup. Erratic week for the district. Some heart breakers. Some blew folks out. Some got blew out. 

Center 44 Tatum 42 (4 OT)

Spring Hill 44 Sabine 34

Atlanta 27 Elysian Fields 2

Daingerfield 14 Gladewater 13

Jefferson 43 New Boston 0

Troup 49 White Oak 14

Had to go to page 4 to find this. SMH

How's everyone feeling after week 1?

For Sabine our defense was a letdown. I do credit SH's offensive style to that some, but they made our secondary look silly throwing the ball. Our offense was better than I was expecting for game 1. I did not expect to see Sparks running from the qb position as much as he did. I don't know if that was from the play calling or what he was most comfortable doing.

My take on us. 

Pleasantly surprised. Was unsure what to think going in but to put up that many yards, to control the clock the way they did. Gotta do better at holding on to the ball. Defense looked good at times. Coaching staff is legit. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

My take on us. 

Pleasantly surprised. Was unsure what to think going in but to put up that many yards, to control the clock the way they did. Gotta do better at holding on to the ball. Defense looked good at times. Coaching staff is legit. 

I agree. I was quite worried going in but we are way further along than I imagined we'd be. We got some work to do but overall, for the staff's and team's first game in the new system....I loved what I saw. Woulda been nice to come away with the win but I can live with it. Staff is amazing. Offense is gonna be very tough to stop by district time. Defense has some things to work on but overall they weren't bad at all. Think we only gave up like 250 total yards or so. Should be a fun year. 

My uneducated opinion after Week 1.

1 Tatum

2 Gladewater

3 Jefferson

4 Sabine

5 Atlanta

6 White Oak

I really think 3-5 are all pretty close and will be good ball games.
As long as Watson is healthy I don’t know if anyone beats Tatum in district. He keeps them out of bad plays and is a home run threat at the same time. Very dangerous. 

I think Gladewater can give Tatum a good game, and their talent on the backend can keep the big play from happening…but death by 4-8 yards is still death in the end. Their offense matches up to Tatums strength on defense. 

Jefferson we won’t know about until Week 6 or 7, unless they’ve lost a couple by then and we’ll know plenty. Interesting that they are playing down by level all pre-season. 

Sabine is gonna go as the QB goes. He shouldn’t regress but only get better. Gonna have to be electric to knock off either of the top 2, but has the potential to be in the game with everyone else.

Atlanta is better, and will be firmly in the mix. Will they have enough offense to knock someone off?

White oak? Yea…

I'll be honest......I won't 100% know how to guage Sabine until they get to district. Their non-district sled is brutal. Waskom being the least potent I would think but they struggled with SH's flex......I'm gonna assume they'll struggle with Waskom's too. Sabine's offense is going to be fine. They're gonna score points I think....its the defense that needs the most work. 

22 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

District looking weaker and weaker as the weeks go by lol. Should be some great matchups when district play does kick off though. 

Well two of the 0-2 teams played really good teams. 

Atlanta has played anyone yet but look much better than last season. Jefferson played someone and lost. WO hasn’t played anyone. Sabine played a good team. 

But yea district should be a ride  

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1