2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

Guest Tiger03lb
9 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

If I didn’t stop I would have had an entire girls basketball team or volleyball team. I have girls in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. 😂

You sure you don’t need a boy 😆

4 weeks in this is where I’m at barring injuries.

1) Tatum. Nobody in the district can throw it alone like the teams that exposed Tatums secondary. And ain’t nobody in this district got the defense to consistently stop Tatum.   It won’t be easy by any means, and they may not do it going 5-0, but I think Tatum winds up with the 1 seed.

2) Gladewater. Still think they are going to be ok. Too much talent to not be in the mix of things. Come out of Tatum healthy and they should be capable of running off the last 4 in a row. 

3) Atlanta. Most impressed by their improvement for sure. Don’t think they have the offensive skill or scheme to knock off either one of Gladewater or Tatum. Think they will out physical Jefferson. They’ll have to be locked in, but new coach seems to have them heading in the right direction. 

4) Jefferson. One of the more frustrating teams overall. Look like they have a bunch of talent, but haven’t handled good competition well. Think they sneak in but it could very well come down to game 10 against Sabine for the final spot.

5) Offense will keep them in some games, defense will wind up being what costs them. Good enough though on offense that if you make mistakes, they can be in it till the end. 

6) White Oak. Bring on fishing season. 

• Like 1

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1