2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

5 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Really hard to tell. I'd say Atlanta but their schedule wasn't very strong. They held LE to 16 but LE is only averaging 18 ppg on the season. The rest of their schedule isn't that strong and but they did what they were supposed to. They gave up 28 to Brook Hill which is the highest they've yielded in a game. 

Jeffy's wasn't great when they played someone with a pulse. White Oak gave up 52 to Elkhart so there's that. 

Gladewater, yeah.....Sabine, same thing. Us....pretty much the same thing but we've stayed competitive. We've done ok against the run, passing teams torched us. GW, Tatum, Sabine by far had the 3 strongest schedules.

As of right now....I'd say Atlanta but that could change against stronger offenses in the district. 

We gave up 7 to LE, and 21 to Brook Hill. Our offense has given up almost as many points as our defense has. 2 picks 6s, scoop and score, and 2 safeties. 

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

We gave up 7 to LE, and 21 to Brook Hill. Our offense has given up almost as many points as our defense has. 2 picks 6s, scoop and score, and 2 safeties. 

I wanna be more impressed than I am but EF, Redwater, New Boston wouldn't score much on most of our district teams. 

Okay we are at the halfway point of the season. Every team has a bye this week to get their players healthy and ready for district. I have done some research and have looked at the numbers for offense and defense for every team in district.

Tatum  (2 -3)

• Played teams with a combined record of (13-11)
  • One of Tatum's wins was against an 0-5 Pittsburg Team
  • They have had some great offensive production you can't argue with that.
  • They scored a combined 217 pts. for an 43.4 average ppg 
  • #1 Scoring offense in the district.
  • Defense has not come around like expected allowing 192 pts. for an 38.4 pts. a game 

Gladewater (1-4)

• Now Gladewater has played some teams with some Go Daddy's.
  • Their combined record of the teams they played is impressive at 17-7.
  • Now the offensive production has been nonexistent they have only scored 88 points on the season. 
  • Defense has not fared much better giving up 201 points with an average of 40.2 points per game.
  • Worst Defense in the District.

Jefferson (3-2)

• Played some Rank teams in Timpson #1, #9 DeKalb, #10 Centerville not a forgiving non-district schedule.
  • They have played teams with a combined record of 13-10 (Hughes Springs 0-5)
  • On offense they have scored the second highest points and average in the district with 159 points and a 31.8
  • Defensively they are the second best in District. Jefferson has allowed 120 points and a 24 points per game.

Atlanta (4-1)

• They are coming off an 0-10 season in 2021. They have won 4 more games than last season and seem to have bought into the new coaches culture.
  • They have played teams with a combined record of 11-14. They lost to the only team with a winning record LE (4-1).
  • They are not a team that has burned out many light bulbs on the score board on offense, but they have found ways to win games.
  • On offense they have scored they have scored 138 points for a 27.6 points per game.
  • On Defense is where they are the most improved  only allowing a total of 44 points for a district best 8.8 points per game.

White Oak (3-2)

• They have played teams with a combined record of 9-14.
  • On offense they have scored 149 points for an average of 29.8
  • On defense they have allowed 190 total points and an average of 38 points per game.
  • They do seem to be better than they were in 2021.

Sabine  (1-4)

• Sabine is try to rebuild from their 2021 season. They graduated quite a few seniors.  They are breaking in a new sophomore QB.
  • They have played a relatively tough non-district schedule that they inherited. 
  • The combined record of their opponents is 16-8 along with playing on of the top tier teams in TAPPS in Dallas Episcopal. 
  • On offense they have scored 105 points and have an average of 21 points per game.
  • On defense they have allowed 252 points for a 50.4 points per game average.

These are some stats to give all of us to look at and take in during the bye week. My projection for district is as follows.

1/2 Tatum/Jefferson the week 10 game will decide the district title.

3. Atlanta

4. Gladewater

5. White Oak

6. Sabine

Should make for a great district race.

43 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

Okay we are at the halfway point of the season. Every team has a bye this week to get their players healthy and ready for district. I have done some research and have looked at the numbers for offense and defense for every team in district.

Tatum  (2 -3)

• Defense has not come around like expected allowing 192 pts. for an 38.4 pts. a game 

Gladewater (1-4)

• Now the offensive production has been nonexistent they have only scored 88 points on the season. 
  • Defense has not fared much better giving up 201 points with an average of 40.2 points per game.

Jefferson (3-2)

• Played some Rank teams in Timpson #1, #9 DeKalb, #10 Centerville not a forgiving non-district schedule.
  • On offense they have scored the second highest points and average in the district with 159 points and a 31.8
  • Defensively they are the second best in District. Jefferson has allowed 120 points and a 24 points per game.

Atlanta (4-1)

• They are coming off an 0-10 season in 2021. They have won 4 more games than last season and seem to have bought into the new coaches culture.
  • They have played teams with a combined record of 11-14. They lost to the only team with a winning record LE (4-1).
  • They are not a team that has burned out many light bulbs on the score board on offense, but they have found ways to win games.
  • On offense they have scored they have scored 138 points for a 27.6 points per game.
  • On Defense is where they are the most improved  only allowing a total of 44 points for a district best 8.8 points per game.

White Oak (3-2)

• On defense they have allowed 190 total points and an average of 38 points per game.

Sabine  (1-4)

• Sabine is try to rebuild from their 2021 season. They graduated quite a few seniors.  They are breaking in a new sophomore QB.
  • They have played a relatively tough non-district schedule that they inherited. 
  • The combined record of their opponents is 16-8 along with playing on of the top tier teams in TAPPS in Dallas Episcopal. 
  • On offense they have scored 105 points and have an average of 21 points per game.

These are some stats to give all of us to look at and take in during the bye week. My projection for district is as follows.

3. Atlanta

4. Gladewater

5. White Oak

6. Sabine

You’re in for a rude awakening. 

21 minutes ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

No I don't just have the numbers nothing more nothing less. I have facts and an opinion educated individuals would understand that. 

What is being  lost in your opinion is the quality of opponent. Do you think that if GW played the schedule that Atlanta had we wouldn’t have a 4-1 or 5-0 record ?  Would that make us the district favorite?  You have WO above Sabine based on record and meaningless stats. If Sabine played WOs schedule they would probably be undefeated. You will see soon enough. 

Edited by GWBears01

3 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

What is being  lost in your opinion is the quality of opponent. Do you think that if GW played the schedule that Atlanta had we wouldn’t have a 4-1 or 5-0 record ?  Would that make us the district favorite?  You have WO above Sabine based on record and meaningless stats. If Sabine played WOs schedule they would probably be undefeated. You will see soon enough. 

GW could also be 3-2 with Atlanta schedule. Tatum is the only team I see that would beat Brook Hill convincingly. Not saying nobody else would beat them but they could very well beat you if you look over them.

3 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

If we hadn't played 4 ranked opponents and played Atlanta or WO schedule.....we might be averaging 60 ppg and giving up 20ppg or less.....just for example, not saying that's what it would be but one would think If we scored 42 on team's such as the #7 ranked 4AD1 team.....we'd most certainly set fire to a defense such as EF, Harleton, Elkhart, New Boston, Redwater, ect. Had we played those type of teams.....our numbers would be gaudy. So, yes....while he compiled factual data and info...the SOS factor 💩s on the data to to degree. However, it is indeed something to talk about as we wait another week and a half until we start to see all the questions get answered. 

5 hours ago, SouthTexasDrifter said:

Tatum  (2 -3)

Gladewater (1-4)

Jefferson (3-2)

Atlanta (4-1)

White Oak (3-2)

Sabine  (1-4)

3. Atlanta

4. Gladewater

5. White Oak

6. Sabine

You lost me when you picked White Oak over Sabine.   Lol

9 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Guess what?? Over the next 5 weeks of district play, there will be no guessing. Also, lots of hurt feelings. 

Won’t hurt my feelings. I know we’re young. I knew this was a rebuilding year especially with new coaches. I do think our offense is good enough to scare some teams in district though. Our offense just needs to help the defense by not giving the other team good field position though. 

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

GW could also be 3-2 with Atlanta schedule. Tatum is the only team I see that would beat Brook Hill convincingly. Not saying nobody else would beat them but they could very well beat you if you look over them.

No knock on Atlanta but even you have to admit you guys haven’t played the schedule we have. We have played a team ranked #3 in 3AD2, #2 in 3AD1, #5 in 3AD1 and #1 in 3AD2. Not sure that any team in our district would have fared much better.  

10 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

No knock on Atlanta but even you have to admit you guys haven’t played the schedule we have. We have played a team ranked #3 in 3AD2, #2 in 3AD1, #5 in 3AD1 and #1 in 3AD2. Not sure that any team in our district would have fared much better.  

Not even close. My point all along is just because our sos hasn’t been as tough doesn’t mean we’re not a good team. 

12 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

We’d be 1-4 still. Would have beat SH in week 3. 

8 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Oh no doubt!!! We would not fair well against GW gauntlet of a schedule. I was just saying it’s not a 100% chance any team beats Brook Hill. Our Schedule is weak for good reason. We have done what we needed to against those opponents. District should be interesting. I don’t know how good GW or Jeffy is this year. Truly don’t know how good we are this year .

7 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

We woulda scored some😂😂👀👀

24 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

Oh no doubt!!! We would not fair well against GW gauntlet of a schedule. I was just saying it’s not a 100% chance any team beats Brook Hill. Our Schedule is weak for good reason. We have done what we needed to against those opponents. District should be interesting. I don’t know how good GW or Jeffy is this year. Truly don’t know how good we are this year .

We are struggling but there is some talent there. We struggled pretty bad last year in preseason and then found something starting with the Tatum game and ended up having a good season. I don’t think this team is good but I could see us gaining momentum if and when we ever get going. 

Guest Tiger03lb
50 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Don't include us in this conversation. 😆 We below average from some folk. 

H***

19 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I actually don’t doubt that but you would have been scored on even more than you were 😂 

How ya figure? Lumberton only scored 48 on us. Yall gift wrapped 3 or 4 of Mally's drives with turnovers lol. 

Edited by Eagle8

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1