2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

44 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I know it's our district thread but here's some footage of yalls glory days. This is 2001. Jamario woulda been a junior here I think....#20, check out his running posture. Leans low to the ground. 

Well GW has SH people so it’s allowed. 

9 hours ago, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

Not sure of the exact year but I know Jamario Thomas was the running back. Springhill was ranked pretty high and Jefferson shocked them. 

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

I think that was in 2002 but not 100%.

I think that was 2002. We started out 5-0 and y’all started out 0-5. Y’all beat us 23-21 I believe the first week of district and then beat SH the next week. We finished 6-4 only beating WO in district. One of our better teams to ever field, but had some key injuries that helped derail that season.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I know it's our district thread but here's some footage of yalls glory days. This is 2001. Jamario woulda been a junior here I think....#20, check out his running posture. Leans low to the ground. 

SH had some dudes on that team!  It is crazy to see the difference in 20 years.  Those kids were football players.  The RB ran like Barry Sanders.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

SH had some dudes on that team!  It is crazy to see the difference in 20 years.  Those kids were football players.  The RB ran like Barry Sanders.  Thanks for posting.

Yes, Jamario's running posture favored Barry's very much. #44 Was Trent Allen who started 4 years at Middle Linebacker for the Houston Cougars. Freshman year he was returning a kickoff and I dove over two guys that were locked up(blocking) to grab Trent as he was sprinting down the sideline. I grabbed horse collar.....he snapped my little azz behind him like whip.....fractured my damn wrist but kept playing. The return got called back for holding. Re-kick.....he ran the same damn way and same scenario happened. I alligator armed it though....acted like I couldnt reach him.....wasn't dealing with that again. He was a big boy lol.

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, THTFUIL said:

Back in August it was all about Gladewater and Tatum. Someone mentioned a young Jefferson team and the daily posters laughed. The young Dogs beat a surpising Atlanta team and now has to play the odds on favorite teams.

I’m still not impressed. We are down along with the rest of the district in my opinion. I’ve seen the teams in D5 and this whole district may not make it out of the 1st round. Jefferson and Atlanta have their records from playing smaller schools. That won’t happen when the playoffs start. Making the playoffs when 4 teams make the playoffs isn’t very impressive. We are down this year and will be again next year and then we should start turning it around. 

46 minutes ago, THTFUIL said:

Back in August it was all about Gladewater and Tatum. Someone mentioned a young Jefferson team and the daily posters laughed. The young Dogs beat a surpising Atlanta team and now has to play the odds on favorite teams.

How are they young when most of their team is srs?

1 hour ago, THTFUIL said:

I’m pretty sure no one mentioned Tatum seriously. I mean we did lose 29 srs and knew we would have sophomores and Jrs all over the field. 

1 hour ago, Dadgoat said:

After Friday, the 4 playoff teams could be set on who is in.  Two teams could be eliminated. The race is gonna get hot over the next couple of weeks. Good luck to everyone and Go Rabbs!!  

Still a lot of ball to be played but this week will definitely shape things somewhat. 

• Like 1

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1