Jump to content

2022 District 6-3A Division 1


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I'll put it this way.....when he was under center today.....we looked like we have been running the flex for years. When he wasn't under center, not so much lol. So yes, he is worth his weight in gold to the program at this moment. First time I've seen the kid in person.....he's a hoss. Gonzalez is much more of an athlete than I expected as well. Welch is a monster at center as well. Those 3 kids are impressive. 

Having watched Keelings games when I could, I would think he wil be under center —- oh let’s say—— AT LEAST 90% of the time. If it ain’t broke- don’t fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Destry said:

Having watched Keelings games when I could, I would think he wil be under center —- oh let’s say—— AT LEAST 90% of the time. If it ain’t broke- don’t fix it.

He means when someone else was under center. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Tatum about to be extremely tough to beat. Not that the coaching staff won’t take the runs busting for long TDs, but they’ll be perfectly content to pound away behind Welch and Fite and shorten the game. You had better find a way to get ahead and make them play catch-up. 
 

And I don’t say this as a Tatum fan or as someone expecting them to win state. Just simply saying that as someone who’s seen that offense work. They’ll be in almost every game unless they are completely outmanned, or turn it over a bunch. For no other fact than they will rarely have 3 and outs and that means a short offensive possession might be 4 minutes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, villagegenius said:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Tatum about to be extremely tough to beat. Not that the coaching staff won’t take the runs busting for long TDs, but they’ll be perfectly content to pound away behind Welch and Fite and shorten the game. You had better find a way to get ahead and make them play catch-up. 
 

And I don’t say this as a Tatum fan or as someone expecting them to win state. Just simply saying that as someone who’s seen that offense work. They’ll be in almost every game unless they are completely outmanned, or turn it over a bunch. For no other fact than they will rarely have 3 and outs and that means a short offensive possession might be 4 minutes!

The offense won’t be the concern. Fite doesn’t play all 11 positions on defense and they didn’t bring back much else. They can run that offense to perfection and still manage to lose a game if they can’t stop anyone. We are in the same boat. We will have a lot to replace on the defensive side. If we can field a decent defense we should be competitive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

The offense won’t be the concern. Fite doesn’t play all 11 positions on defense and they didn’t bring back much else. They can run that offense to perfection and still manage to lose a game if they can’t stop anyone. We are in the same boat. We will have a lot to replace on the defensive side. If we can field a decent defense we should be competitive. 

Defense might just surprise ya. I like what they did with the personnel changes. DL Fite, LB Holder, LB Norris, LB Freeman(rotating LB), LB Calhoun, DB Redwine, LB/DE Davis(started for Smith/Norris when hurt last year) all came back.....plug in Watson and Gonzalez who started in Waskom last year and we got a good bit more experience on the defense than people are thinking. We stayed in the 3-4 defense no matter what offense we played last year......Ole DC Watson will change it up depending on what he's playing against. I think our D will actually be improved. Time will tell though. Trey Fite will definitely be missed up front.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Defense might just surprise ya. I like what they did with the personnel changes. DL Fite, LB Holder, LB Norris, LB Freeman(rotating LB), LB Calhoun, DB Redwine, LB/DE Davis(started for Smith/Norris when hurt last year) all came back.....plug in Watson and Gonzalez who started in Waskom last year and we got a good bit more experience on the defense than people are thinking. We stayed in the 3-4 defense no matter what offense we played last year......Ole DC Watson will change it up depending on what he's playing against. I think our D will actually be improved. Time will tell though. Trey Fite will definitely be missed up front.

I’m hearing good things about ours as well but we will see when we line up in the next few weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just hope our fans are smart enough to see the strength of our schedule and not put all the blame on the new head coach. He has an uphill battle with that schedule and a young team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I just hope our fans are smart enough to see the strength of our schedule and not put all the blame on the new head coach. He has an uphill battle with that schedule and a young team. 

Trust me they won’t 😂 we schedule tough every year and before district ever starts folks are ready to fire the whole staff 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I just hope our fans are smart enough to see the strength of our schedule and not put all the blame on the new head coach. He has an uphill battle with that schedule and a young team. 

"10-0 or he got to go"

  • SMH 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I just hope our fans are smart enough to see the strength of our schedule and not put all the blame on the new head coach. He has an uphill battle with that schedule and a young team. 

I know Sharp has gradually made the schedule tougher as Sabine improved but do you think, knowing he had a young team, he would have made this schedule if was staying at Sabine?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I know Sharp has gradually made the schedule tougher as Sabine improved but do you think, knowing he had a young team, he would have made this schedule if was staying at Sabine?  

No. He was laughing all the way to the door 🤣🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I know Sharp has gradually made the schedule tougher as Sabine improved but do you think, knowing he had a young team, he would have made this schedule if was staying at Sabine?  

I don’t know. This young team has potential.  The schedule will only make them better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

I just hope our fans are smart enough to see the strength of our schedule and not put all the blame on the new head coach. He has an uphill battle with that schedule and a young team. 

Their gonna be some, trust me. I do hope y'all make it out of it and keep healthy. I know it's going to be tough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It begins and ends with the OL.  If we can block we can do some stuff.  If not, well you know the rest of the story.

That's the same offense Gunter runs. If yall can get it down....its a game changer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It begins and ends with the OL.  If we can block we can do some stuff.  If not, well you know the rest of the story.

Just wait until the 2nd game to get it figured out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Might take more than one.  We didn’t get the same “jumpstart” as Tatum.  😂

Def a jumpstart. The difference between Watson running it and one of our other QBs running it is night and day. The others will get there in time....but Watson being able to come over and step right in and know the system as well as he does was huge. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...