2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1

4 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

I could go searching through the past years threads if I cared to put forth the effort, but I already know it was said. Multiple years. 

You should do it. They get all bent out of shape when you bring their quotes back. Start calling you names and everything. 

2 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood. Terrifying thought to have your words come back. I thought that might get a response. The last thing you want is other posters bringing back outrageous Tatum quotes. 

We don't care....we talk, the boys play, we congratulate if we lose, give input if we win, we move on. It's what 99% of the posters here do. 99%

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 1

As of right now... Judging by what I've seen.

Tatum
Atlanta
Gladewater
Jefferson
Sabine
WO

I do think we can play with Tatum. I'm just not one to put 2 teams in 1 place. Tatum's pre-district is pretty freaky. 

Edited by H3llR4z0r
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Looking at the SOS here they are from toughest to easiest. 

GW

Tatum

Sabine

Jefferson

Atlanta 

WO

SOS means something when someone actually competes in those ballgames. Other than that it doesn’t really matter.  If GW wins our district we will go 0-4 first round of the playoffs. Bet!!

3 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Who has the best defense in this district?  

Really hard to tell. I'd say Atlanta but their schedule wasn't very strong. They held LE to 16 but LE is only averaging 18 ppg on the season. The rest of their schedule isn't that strong and but they did what they were supposed to. They gave up 28 to Brook Hill which is the highest they've yielded in a game. 

Jeffy's wasn't great when they played someone with a pulse. White Oak gave up 52 to Elkhart so there's that. 

Gladewater, yeah.....Sabine, same thing. Us....pretty much the same thing but we've stayed competitive. We've done ok against the run, passing teams torched us. GW, Tatum, Sabine by far had the 3 strongest schedules.

As of right now....I'd say Atlanta but that could change against stronger offenses in the district. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

SOS means something when someone actually competes in those ballgames. Other than that it doesn’t really matter.  If GW wins our district we will go 0-4 first round of the playoffs. Bet!!

So....had yall had GW's schedule....what would your record be? And if they had yours, what about them? SOS means a lot more than you'd think. 

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Really hard to tell. I'd say Atlanta but their schedule wasn't very strong. They held LE to 16 but LE is only averaging 18 ppg on the season. The rest of their schedule isn't that strong and but they did what they were supposed to. They gave up 28 to Brook Hill which is the highest they've yielded in a game. 

Jeffy's wasn't great when they played someone with a pulse. White Oak gave up 52 to Elkhart so there's that. 

Gladewater, yeah.....Sabine, same thing. Us....pretty much the same thing but we've stayed competitive. We've done ok against the run, passing teams torched us. GW, Tatum, Sabine by far had the 3 strongest schedules.

As of right now....I'd say Atlanta but that could change against stronger offenses in the district. 

That's about what I've thought also

Edited by Sportsjunkiee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

So....had yall had GW's schedule....what would your record be? And if they had yours, what about them? SOS means a lot more than you'd think. 

Not the point and probably the same record.  My point is when you get beat by 50+ by all these teams the argument is mute.  We’ve played Gilmer for the last 4 years after dropping down and what did that do other than taking an Butt whooping?   

Edited by Dadgoat

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Atlanta defensive points given up all year.  
Ef-0. 2 points came from safety. 
Redwater 0

New Boston 8 

Le 8. The other 8 came from a pick 6

brookhill 21. The other 8 came from a scoop and score. 

I can promise you this is not the same Atlanta team that’s been on the field since 2015. Coach Morton has these cats playing HARD!!

1 minute ago, Dadgoat said:

Not the point and probably the same record.  My point is when you get beat by 50+ by all these teams the argument is mute.  We’ve played Gilmer for the last 4 years after dropping down and what did that do other than taking an TobinFrost whooping?   

You schedule them to get better.....Sharp just did Sabine dirty.....but GW assumed they would compete with those teams and get better. Wasn't the case....but you schedule good teams to make you better. When we enter district.....we've seen 2 or 3 QBs better than anything we'll see in district. We've seen defenses better than anything we'll see in district, we've seen offenses better than anything we'll seen in district. Things are about to move a lot slower to our kids. Yall been playing the EFs, Redwaters, New Bostons......none of those are gonna get yall ready for our offense, most offenses in the district. Sabine and Gladewater got their teeth kicked in but it's all about to slow way down for them, too. Watch what I tell ya. 

10 minutes ago, Dadgoat said:

Atlanta defensive points given up all year.  
Ef-0. 2 points came from safety. 
Redwater 0

New Boston 8 

Le 8. The other 8 came from a pick 6

brookhill 21. The other 8 came from a scoop and score. 

I can promise you this is not the same Atlanta team that’s been on the field since 2015. Coach Morton has these cats playing HARD!!

Redwater beat New Diana 14-7 lol. EF lost to 2A Beckville by 32, New Boston is New Boston. LE is averaging 18 ppg. I'm glad yall have been playing solid defense against weaker teams. The alarming part is yall aren't scoring tons of points against those teams.

• Sportsjunkiee changed the title to 2024 & 2025 District 8-3A Division 1