Pelosi in revolt blasts archbishop for biblical beliefs

RETIREDFAN1

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

His salvation was under the Mosaic Law.....ours is not.......

How do you know that?  He was a thief being crucified for his sin.  Did he sacrifice an animal before he was nailed to a cross?  Jesus said it, I guess you know better though?

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

He died with Christ.

what denomination are you?  You know what denomination means?  

I have confessed my sins, made it a public profession and followed through in baptismal obedience.  

I am not a member of ANY denomination.......I worship with other obedient believers at the church of Christ which meets in Colmesneil......

Anyone who was baptized believing they were already saved did not believe what Jesus said in Mark 16: 16 and had better come to belief before it's too late......

Just now, DB2point0 said:

How do you know that?  He was a thief being crucified for his sin.  Did he sacrifice an animal before he was nailed to a cross?  Jesus said it, I guess you know better though?

He was under the Mosaic Law because Jesus had not yet died and rose from that death........

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I am not a member of ANY denomination.......I worship with other obedient believers at the church of Christ which meets in Colmesneil......

Anyone who was baptized believing they were already saved did not believe what Jesus said in Mark 16: 16 and had better come to belief before it's too late......

Church of Christ is a denomination.    I understand now.  My grandpa was CoC as well.  He said other denominations wouldn’t go to heaven.  

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Church of Christ is a denomination.    I understand now.  My grandpa was CoC as well.  He said other denominations wouldn’t go to heaven.  

Nope....a denomination has a HQ here on earth........each congregation of the Lord's Church is independent and autonomous........you should have listened to your grandpa.......

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Jesus said he would be there with him.  You believe he lied?

Jesus was there with him......the thief was either a faithful observer of the Mosaic Law or Jesus used His prerogative while on earth to forgive him....either way, HE told us what we must do now in this age to be saved.......

But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he then said to the paralytic—“Rise, pick up your bed and go home.”

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Nope....a denomination has a HQ here on earth........each congregation of the Lord's Church is independent and autonomous........you should have listened to your grandpa.......

Ok, sure thing.  So only one denomination is going to heaven.  Jesus said he was the only way.  Not a denomination.  Calling your church “church of Christ” doesn’t mean you’re the only ones going.  My grandpa also said if you sinned after salvation you had to be saved again. 

5 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Now you’re making up the rules on who goes to heaven?  Wow.  You must go to a church of Christ.  Last I checked, the church was the body of believers, not just one denomination.  

Ok, sure thing.  So only one denomination is going to heaven.  Jesus said he was the only way.  Not a denomination.  Calling your church “church of Christ” doesn’t mean you’re the only ones going.  My grandpa also said if you sinned after salvation you had to be saved again. 

Your grandpa misunderstood I John 1.........but he will be forgiven for that by the same scripture he misunderstood......

Now you’re making up the rules on who goes to heaven?  Wow.  You must go to a church of Christ.  Last I checked, the church was the body of believers, not just one denomination.  

Nope....JESUS made the rules....the body of believers IS the church of Christ.......no denomination is in that......

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Sadly, you'll find out eventually....

In the end, after he didn’t go to church for 10 years due to health reasons….. he made the statement that denomination really didn’t matter.   It’s amazing what you learn from the Bible when you get denomination out of the way.  And since you never answered the word denomination means division.  I’ll let you ponder on that.

8 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Nope....JESUS made the rules....the body of believers IS the church of Christ.......no denomination is in that......

Having a sign out front that says “Church of Christ” doesn’t mean you are the only ones though.  That’s a man given title to your denomination.  I’ve had this discussion at work with a friend that goes to a church of Christ.  

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

In the end, after he didn’t go to church for 10 years due to health reasons….. he made the statement that denomination really didn’t matter.   It’s amazing what you learn from the Bible when you get denomination out of the way.  And since you never answered the word denomination means division.  I’ll let you ponder on that.

If That's true I am sad for him for losing his faith.....

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Having a sign out front that says “Church of Christ” doesn’t mean you are the only ones though.  That’s a man given title to your denomination.  I’ve had this discussion at work with a friend that goes to a church of Christ.  

Exactly....many who have that sign out front don't follow His teachings....the TEACHING and the DOCTRINE determine who is the Lord's Church.......of course you'll learn your error eventually....i hope you correct it before it's too late......

2 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Exactly....many who have that sign out front don't follow His teachings....the TEACHING and the DOCTRINE determine who is the Lord's Church.......of course you'll learn your error eventually....i hope you correct it before it's too late......

Doctrine is another man made thing.

2 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

It wasn't IF he didn't stay in the faith.....i question your interpretation on his faith, not his.......

Going to a church doesn’t make you a Christian.  It makes you a church goer. Being a Christian is a relationship, not a religion.  You fellowship, and can grow your relationship with Christ by going to church, but your daily walk is your relationship.  

• Like 1