INSANE: Young Americans Don't Know ANYTHING!

Monte1076

Interviewer: "How many states are there?"
Girl: "I don't know."

Interviewer: "How many states are there?"
Girl: "50".

Interviewer: "What's the Capitol?"
Girl: "Is there a capitol in the US?"

Interviewer: "How many eggs make up one dozen?"
Girl: "Ten."

Interviewer: "How long is one decade?"
Guy (in graduation cap and gown): "I have no idea."

Interviewer: "Do you know what 3 x 3 x 3 is?"
Respondent: giggles/"Can I think about it?"

Interviewer: "What year was the U.S. founded?"
Respondent: "I don't know. 1901?"

Interviewer: "When was the US Founded?"
Respondent: "I don't know. 1472?"

Sad thing is, I can GUARANTEE you that my homeschooled son can answer every one of those questions correctly.

And another sad, sad example:

• SMH 1

16 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Cmon man,  if we would just give the government schools just a few more dollars those kids would know those answers too!

I have to wonder how many adults my age (and I'm in my mid 40's) could answer those questions, as well. If you halfway pay attention, the answers are EASY.

It's not like the people in those videos are being asked about Quantum Mechanics or anything.

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I have to wonder how many adults my age (and I'm in my mid 40's) could answer those questions, as well. If you halfway pay attention, the answers are EASY.

It's not like the people in those videos are being asked about Quantum Mechanics or anything.

No kidding.  It's getting much easier to feel smart these days

I can promise you, that any student that has been in my classroom can answer all of the state and capitol questions. Those graduating last Friday remind me of it every time they see me in the halls, grocery store, or out eating. As far as the answer to a dozen--that should be their science teacher, not their history teacher. And of course all of my students know how long a "score" is also. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

I can promise you, that any student that has been in my classroom can answer all of the state and capitol questions. Those graduating last Friday remind me of it every time they see me in the halls, grocery store, or out eating. As far as the answer to a dozen--that should be their science teacher, not their history teacher. And of course all of my students know how long a "score" is also. 

A score is 20 years, if I'm not mistaken. Right?

On 5/30/2022 at 3:25 PM, DannyZuco said:

Mine are just like that when they come to me. This video is not surprising at all.