*** Regional Finals Info ***

KirtFalcon

On 5/31/2022 at 8:28 AM, PantherNation2015 said:

The 3A state semi games next week in Round Rock are at 9am and 12 noon respectively.  That could have played a factor in the decision to play at 1pm.

100% why. Also games start Wednesday and Thursday. So you play early in the week during Regional Finals so that your guys have same amount of rest they have been accustomed to over the last few weeks. 

1 hour ago, SilkyJohnson said:

100% why. Also games start Wednesday and Thursday. So you play early in the week during Regional Finals so that your guys have same amount of rest they have been accustomed to over the last few weeks. 

Thanks Silky.  I don’t know much, but sometimes I am a good guesser.  😂

Gunter 15 Pottsboro 1 game 1

After a 12-run first inning Potts smartly sacrificed several pitchers and their ace will likely be available.  Not sure about Gunter.

With the score 14-1 there was about a 3 hour rain delay in the top of the 3rd.  Game ended in 5 innings.

Game  2 will be in Prosper tomorrow and game 3 Friday if needed.

As bad as the score it is still just one game.  Gunter needs to finish this off tomorrow.

• Like 1

Celina goes down in order in top of 7th.  SH wins 5-2.  Hats off to Soph pitcher McFadden for SH.  Comes in with the bases loaded in the 3rd inning in relief and goes the distance for the win.  Also SH 2-4 hitters ended up a combined 6-9 with 5 RBI’s after Lipsey picked up the HBP RBI in the 6th.  Great team win for the Panthers!

12 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Thanks for the updates

No problem.  SH started our #2 tonight and relieved with #3.  Our #1 (Ballard) will get the start tomorrow night.  From LNJ today:

”Ballard is 14-0 on the mound with a 0.81 earned run average, 124 strikeouts and 19 walks in 85.2 innings pitched.”

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I guess those cupcakes went down right about the same time as the final result.  I kinda thought SH was gonna be a tough out this season.  Surprised Celina left so many stranded.......sounds like SH did too.

Both teams had too many walks & HBP. Umpire behind the plate had a strike zone about the size of a basketball.  Both teams made untimely errors that cost runs.  SH just hit the ball better in key AB’s when it counted.