*** Regional Finals Info ***

KirtFalcon

Looks like IF Argyle wins the Region 1 baseball Regional Championship, they will definitely face the winner of Region 2 regardless of who wins that region......which means that Region 4 Champion and #1 Seed Sinton will play the winner of the Region 3 Championship.  But only IF Argyle wins the Region 1 Championship.

11 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle(33-3-1) can clinch the #2 Seed in the State Tournament IF they can beat Stephenville(24-10-1) in Game 2 tomorrow night.  

I'll be attending this game to watch Duck pitch.  His Dad and I played together back in the day at Daingerfield.

4 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Looks like IF Argyle wins the Region 1 baseball Regional Championship, they will definitely face the winner of Region 2 regardless of who wins that region......which means that Region 4 Champion and #1 Seed Sinton will play the winner of the Region 3 Championship.  But only IF Argyle wins the Region 1 Championship.

Nobody knows who plays who in the semis until the coin flip……Only thing the UIL and the remaining teams know is the 2 best records will not play each other in the semis. 

53 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Nobody knows who plays who in the semis until the coin flip……Only thing the UIL and the remaining teams know is the 2 best records will not play each other in the semis. 

Oh....Okay.  Wasn't sure how that works.  There will be a coin flip between Seeds #3 and #4.  That sounds righteous.

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Really? I thought it was overall #1 would play the #4 seed and #2 would play #3. Welp you learn something new every day!!

When my daughter played for State in basketball it wasn't that way 3 years ago. We had the best record with no losses.  So we should have been the #1 seed.  Wall had the 2nd best record and should have played the #3 seed.  Instead Chapel Hill played Wall in the Semi-finals.  

22 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Basketball and baseball been that way for years.   

I believe you. I had No idea that's how they determined the seeding. So how does the coin flip work when deciding which team is the #1 and which are 2,3, and 4 seed?

5 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I believe you. I had No idea that's how they determined the seeding. So how does the coin flip work when deciding which team is the #1 and which are 2,3, and 4 seed?

According to the manual - best record is #1 seed and 2nd best record is #2 seed……..then UIL puts them in separate brackets……..and manual says coin flip(might be some other method actually used) to see who number 1 plays and number 2 gets the other team. 

There will be no identical records in 4A this season.  Perhaps in some other classification, though.  Class 4A is the only classification to play each year in the State Tournament at Disch-Falk Field.  All other classifications play in Round Rock at Dell Diamond.  I don't know why they don't rotate the classifications over to Disch-Falk differently each year.  Maybe Class 4A would like to play at Dell Diamond for once......or maybe one of the other classifications would like to play at Disch-Falk for a new experience.  Seems kinda odd to keep it the same each year when you have the option of rotation.