*** Regional Finals Info ***

KirtFalcon

Argyle only struck out once tonight......they did a good job getting the bat on the ball.  They hit some doubles when they had runners on......and some singles too.  Argyle's defense was again stellar, and their pitching was too.  They seem to play with patience and eventually break thru with the bats like all season long.

According to the article in the Denton Record Chronicle......Duck was having problems with the wetness on the balls and also had unusually high sweating hands and couldn't get them dry.  He said the rosin bag was not helping much.  Coach Griffin stated Trevor does have to use the rosin bag moreso than any other pitcher he has, and was having problems getting a solid release on it last night with the wet conditions and high humidity.  But he still was able to hang in there and work thru it with 9 strikeouts......it just caused more walks and a couple of HBPs.  

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Diboll won 9-1.... senior heavy diboll was just to much for our young team. Diboll played a great game

The kid who got the W on the mound and had 5 RBIs on two doubles is a junior but yes Diboll has 5 seniors who played today.  Franklin had great team and will def be in the hunt next year 

Edited by ballwatch

12 hours ago, ballwatch said:

The kid who got the W on the mound and had 5 RBIs on two doubles is a junior but yes Diboll has 5 seniors who played today.  Franklin had great team and will def be in the hunt next year 

I believe Franklin is mostly sophomores. The kid who hit the home run is just a sophomore. The starting line up is I believe 4/5 sophomores, a freshman, and 3 seniors. One of these kids could be a junior. Pitching I believe we are losing 1 senior.

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

I believe Franklin is mostly sophomores. The kid who hit the home run is just a sophomore. The starting line up is I believe 4/5 sophomores, a freshman, and 3 seniors. One of these kids could be a junior. Pitching I believe we are losing 1 senior.

I think y’all might have 3, this was from the write up 

Franklin will lose three seniors this year, including Rhoden, Scarpinato and Boyett. “Our seniors, they laid the groundwork for where we want to be,” Anderson said

11 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

I think y’all might have 3, this was from the write up 

Franklin will lose three seniors this year, including Rhoden, Scarpinato and Boyett. “Our seniors, they laid the groundwork for where we want to be,” Anderson said

Yes we are losing 3 total seniors. One is a pitcher/SS. The team is very young