My Boys of Summer

OldOldCoach

God is always good! Well, its been almost one year from my last post. But a lot has been going on, my boys of summer have been at it again. We spent the first part of the season trying to find ourselves after last years state championship lost and losing four really good players to graduation. But now, we find ourselves in the regional championship series with another good team. They have tied the school record for wins, undefeated in district play, and so far undefeated in the playoffs just like they did last year. A lot of people thought this season would be a struggle after losing the talent of last years seniors, but these kids have never waivered. Now we are trying to make school history with the most wins in a single season, the schools second ever regional championship and second ever appearance in the state tournament.  These young men have had a dream all season, to do something that a lot of teams never get the opportunity to fulfill, a State Championship. No matter what happens this week it has been another wonderful ride with a great group of young men. Can't wait to see what these guys grow up to accomplish in life. Well I've said enough for now, good luck to everyone, safe travels this week to all chasing that dream and God Bless! 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

GOD is always good! Well my boys did it again Regional Champs, going to state for the second and only two times in school history. What a group of young men, especially those 6 seniors. What a fun time of the year! We played a very talented Centerville group , that was also loaded with seniors. Yesterday was an awesome game on both sides, two really good 2A baseball teams refusing to give into the other. Players on both sides throwing leather around, and pitchers pitching really well. My Bulldogs were just the one at the end that came out on top 3-2. Man what a game! Can't wait to see what God has to offer at state.

Prayers going out all over the state over the school shooting, and the crimes committed in Centerville. God please give these families some kind of peace during these dark times.

May god bless everyone this weekend, stay safe. Hope to see all the Bulldog Nation in Round Rock to support the Garrison Bulldogs.   

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, OldOldCoach said:

GOD is always good! Well my boys did it again Regional Champs, going to state for the second and only two times in school history. What a group of young men, especially those 6 seniors. What a fun time of the year! We played a very talented Centerville group , that was also loaded with seniors. Yesterday was an awesome game on both sides, two really good 2A baseball teams refusing to give into the other. Players on both sides throwing leather around, and pitchers pitching really well. My Bulldogs were just the one at the end that came out on top 3-2. Man what a game! Can't wait to see what God has to offer at state.

Prayers going out all over the state over the school shooting, and the crimes committed in Centerville. God please give these families some kind of peace during these dark times.

May god bless everyone this weekend, stay safe. Hope to see all the Bulldog Nation in Round Rock to support the Garrison Bulldogs.   

Congrats to you guys. Go represent our district well! 

God is good always! Man what a great season. When you start the season the number one goal is win state, but we all know only one team ends the season with a win! Well that wasn't my boy's of summer this year. But, the great thing is we can start all over again with the same goal WIN STATE! No really it's been another amazing year with my boys of summer. But , the bad thing is we're losing 6 wonderful young men that can really play the game of baseball. The great thing is we're in Bulldog country where we reload and start another drive towards a state championship! May God bless each and everyone of you this summer and stay safe. Until next baseball season OldOldCoach out for now.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Wow! Once again God is Always Good! Here we are again another high school baseball season almost gone. My Boy's of Summer have mostly changed names, but with the same results. We've come a long ways this season , with a bunch of young boys that have turned into young men on the ball field. With only a few guys back from the past two state runs, but here we are with two rounds too go for a chance to go back to the "Rock" Round Rock that is! Can't wait to see what God has in store for Bulldog Nation in the Future. Please be safe in your travels this week as you chase your teams around this Great State of Texas! May God Bless All of You!

• Like 3

God is Good Always! Wow what a game last night! Well my Boy's of Summer poured their hearts out on the field last night, we just fell a little short. It's a shame that we fell a little short, but we all know only one team can win at the end. The great thing about this is we have game two on Saturday, so we get another chance to win and push it to game three. Can't wait for another chance to see my Boy's of Summer play. For all of you chasing your team around tonight may God watch over you and keep you safe. And a special prayer going out to all the ones graduating tonight , please be safe and make smart decisions. May God Bless all of you.

God is Good Always! Wow what a day yesterday! My Boy's of Summer were at it again, they laid their heart's out on the ball diamond. What an awesome series between two really good 2A baseball teams. Our boy's never gave up coming back to win game two in the 8th 3-2. Then played their hearts out in game 3 , and at the end falling short this year from returning back to Round Rock for the third consecutive year. But , the great thing is this is Bulldog Nation and we'll be back again next season. We'll truly miss our two seniors Tryton Kruse and Eli Compton, but we have 16 of those suited out coming back with a great JV program, and some really good players coming up next season. So, look out Texas 2A baseball for 2024 Garrison Bulldogs! God Bless to all you still chasing the dream out there, good luck and safe travels.

• Like 2