SEC Spring Meetings

Stoney

This is interesting. You would think they have to move Bama and Auburn over if they are sticking with divisions and I can’t imagine many being on board with that. Wouldn’t that make the only other option splitting OU and Texas into separate divisions? I actually like that idea for those two but assuming you go to a 9 game schedule and you play 7 division games, 1 locked in opponent and 1 rotating opponent. The problem is that would put each team only traveling to every other team only once every 14 years. That’s just too much for me. 

On 5/31/2022 at 8:52 AM, WETSU said:

This is interesting. You would think they have to move Bama and Auburn over if they are sticking with divisions and I can’t imagine many being on board with that. Wouldn’t that make the only other option splitting OU and Texas into separate divisions? I actually like that idea for those two but assuming you go to a 9 game schedule and you play 7 division games, 1 locked in opponent and 1 rotating opponent. The problem is that would put each team only traveling to every other team only once every 14 years. That’s just too much for me. 

They would move Auburn East.  The real issue with it is that each team is not playing 7 of the teams in their conference each year.  How is that even a measure of where you sit?  Auburn would replace Tenn or whoever is Bama’s protected cross-rival

On 6/1/2022 at 3:54 PM, MavGrad99 said:

They would move Auburn East.  The real issue with it is that each team is not playing 7 of the teams in their conference each year.  How is that even a measure of where you sit?  Auburn would replace Tenn or whoever is Bama’s protected cross-rival

They need to move Alabama and Auburn and put Missouri in the West where they belong geographically.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2022 at 8:52 AM, WETSU said:

I doubt they ask any Aggies what they should do.  Lol

I like the 3-6 format. Do away with divisions and let the two best teams play for the conference championship. Also each 4 year athlete gets to see every team at his home stadium and visit each stadium in the SEC in that format.

• 1 month later...

From Brett McMurphy:

SEC preseason media poll

East
1. Georgia (172 1st place votes)
2. Kentucky (4)
3. Tennessee (1)
4. Florida
5. South Carolina (3)
6. Missouri
7. Vanderbilt (1)

West
1. Alabama (177)
2. Texas A&M (3)
3. Arkansas (1)
4. Ole Miss
5. LSU
6. Mississippi State
7. Auburn 

---------------------------

I wanna know who in the hell picked Vandy and what unmixed drink they had before voting. 

52 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

From Brett McMurphy:

SEC preseason media poll

East
1. Georgia (172 1st place votes)
2. Kentucky (4)
3. Tennessee (1)
4. Florida
5. South Carolina (3)
6. Missouri
7. Vanderbilt (1)

West
1. Alabama (177)
2. Texas A&M (3)
3. Arkansas (1)
4. Ole Miss
5. LSU
6. Mississippi State
7. Auburn 

---------------------------

I wanna know who in the hell picked Vandy and what unmixed drink they had before voting. 

Mississippi State has by far the most returning starters and Leech has a 3rd year QB.  I think they finish higher then 6th.  Playing Georgia this year may ding them in the standings, but they get A&M and Arky at home.

47 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Mississippi State has by far the most returning starters and Leech has a 3rd year QB.  I think they finish higher then 6th.  Playing Georgia this year may ding them in the standings, but they get A&M and Arky at home.

I too think Miss St is being overlooked.